Which config.h file to use?

Printer firmware discussion
kharrisma
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality Ender 3

Which config.h file to use?

Post by kharrisma »

Hi Forum Folke,

Likely a stupid newbie question, but WHICH *.h file am I supposed to use to set up my firmware: configuration.h, configuration_adv.h, or BOTH in some manner I have yet to discover? My current understanding is use configuration.h if you're just sticking with basic settings, and use configuration_adv.h if you want to set both basic AND advanced settings? Don't see how I could use both of them! Thanks a ton!
Country_Bubba
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Tronxy X5S-400, Ender5

Re: Which config.h file to use?

Post by Country_Bubba »

I am assuming that your talking about these files in Marlin? If so, when compiled the system will use both of them regardless of what changes you may make.
Having said that, there are a ton of options in each of these files that can be changed to suit your needs/desires.
You might peruse YouTube to see how to configure marlin. There are many good examples of what options might be changed.
When I was doing this, I viewed many and setup a spread sheet of the items (and values) that I wanted to change and used that as a check list.
HTH

Country
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Which config.h file to use?

Post by Roberts_Clif »

BOTH configuration.h, configuration_adv.h are needed though configuration_adv.h have a lot of options that in simple mode work with default.

Most popular 3D Printers have a starting Marlin configuration.h that will supervise until you learn to configure you own custom config.
What 3D Printer are you look for configs for.

Return to “Firmware”