reducing print time for large object

t4gp3
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): ender 3

reducing print time for large object

Post by t4gp3 »

Hi everyone,

I have an object I need to print but it's very large and at present take a week to print if i print it continuously.

the process for creating this is as follows: i generate the object in blender, then go into fusion360 to make it a water tight object that is 3d printable by doing a stick repair and solidify, then i slice it in cura.

the problematic part is the centre of the object that is generated in fusion, because there's so much 'filler' material to make the object solid, so this is something that will need to be fixed using fusion360 (maybe there's a setting I don't know about where you can sculpt the inside of the object.)

so my question is 'what can I do in fusion360 to reshape/reduce the amount of material inside the object?

i've had to attach my file here:
https://file.io/47zWJIJfEBcC
because it is too large to attach directly in this thread.

thank you.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: reducing print time for large object

Post by LePaul »

Maybe a screen shot?
t4gp3
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): ender 3

Re: reducing print time for large object

Post by t4gp3 »

I've attached a screenshot with 2 arrows. the green arrow shows the excess material I need to mostly get rid of/hollow out (getting rid of enough so that the print doesn't take nearly as long, but not so much that it won't print due to lack of support), and the blue arrow shows where some material is lacking.

I've also got another download link for my model here because the previous one was deleted/expired:
https://fastupload.io/OGPdeJIXQDnSzde/file
Attachments
back of head with arrows screenshot.png

Return to “CAD and 3D Modeling Software”