Resin not sticking to build plate

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
WesternResins
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Anycubic Photon Mono 4K

Resin not sticking to build plate

Post by WesternResins »

Hi all, just bought a new Anycubic Photon Mono 4K and a bottle of their grey resin. Admittadly, i was optimistic, going straight with a miniature i got from the web and my own support settings / ChituBox settings, but i let it run overnight as it was an 8 hour job and i woke to find an empty build plate!

I then decided to run the test model from the supplied USB and the same thing has happened...

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on what i could a have done wrong?

Thanks in advance.
WesternResins
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Anycubic Photon Mono 4K

Re: Resin not sticking to build plate

Post by WesternResins »

Ok so dont panic everyone lol. I'm pretty sure this was user error. While i was cleaning the build plate from the unsuccessful attempt yesterday, i noticed that i hadnt peeled off the protective cover on the build plate.. i know right. I actually specifically looked underneath when setting it up, it was just that flush to the edge that i didnt see it. Attempt number 2 now. I'm feeling more confident hahahah. Sorry!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Resin not sticking to build plate

Post by Roberts_Clif »

It is always a good feeling when you correct your own errors.

Remember that this forum has a large area of knowledge, when you finally need help we will still be here to help!.

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”