New Hictop 3D Printer

Share your hardware improvements for your HIC i3, the good and the bad!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

New Hictop 3D Printer

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Just purchased my 3rd Hictop this one appears to be a 3DP12
Will be upgrading this to match my other Hictop, an will post here every step taken to achieve my 3rd matching Hictop 3D Printer.

All you have to do is follow my posts as I do the upgrades to my 3rd Hictop 3D Printer.

My first upgrades will be simple 3D Printed models that allow the Hictop Printer to run smoother, better, and make adjustments easier.
All have been posted on a forum so will print multiple models at one time as no firmware adjustments will be needed.

Y-Axis end-stop model for Y-Axis stepper motor as a Y-Axis end stop switch rest.
Y-Axis bearing holder modification to hold Y-Axis belt firmly in place as the belt likes to wander and rub on Y-Axis bearing holder.
Z axis smooth rod holder as this also like to wander around making for a very rough Z-Axis on all models printed
Proximity sensor holder for original SN04-P proximity sensor, at the same time I will be adding my TL-W3MC2.

I will also begin changing the wiring as some of this original wiring is under-rated
Example the Power Cord is too small, power wire to controller is also too small.
I used parts from a old dead computer power supply to make a cover for the power supply to include a computer style power socket.
Enough for now will catch all who has a Hictop or similar 3D Printer that wants these modifications.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: New Hictop 3D Printer

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Now I already know what it will be called.

But just for fun let's see what you would name my 3rd Hictop 3D Printer...

The rules are it must be a color.

This will not help you but the others are called Red an Blu (this short for Blue)

Return to “Hardware Modifications”