Help printing with ABS, almost there! One issue, check these pictures please

Discussion of General / RepRap style printers! FDM/FFF printers that aren't gigantic!
albertoinbox
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ender 3 Pro

Help printing with ABS, almost there! One issue, check these pictures please

Post by albertoinbox »

I got the PEI board, calibrated the extruder, covered all drafts from coming into play, doing everything I can to print with ABS because this part must be more resistant than PLA.

I got this issue withthe print now, seems like an extruder issue, can you please shed some light on it? Thank you very much!!!

Ender 3 Pro
IMG_4778.jpg
IMG_4776.jpg
IMG_4774.jpg
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: Help printing with ABS, almost there! One issue, check these pictures please

Post by Lez0 »

ABS can be a right sod to print.
It doesn't stick to the bed and it warps. You need the bed at about 100°C, also an enclosure helps keep the heat in.
I switched to PETG as it's easier to print and is stronger than PLA.
Les
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Help printing with ABS, almost there! One issue, check these pictures please

Post by LePaul »

Yeah ABS is a toughie. The various PLA blends/PETG blends are much easier to print and can be stronger
ClaraM05
Reactions:

Post by ClaraM05 »

Lez0 wrote: June 18th, 2021, 4:23 am ABS can be a right sod to print.
It doesn't stick to the bed and it warps. You need the bed at about 100°C assurance animaux de compagnie , also an enclosure helps keep the heat in.
Les
Anyway, thank you for posting this post for us. This information is really useful to us.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Lez0 wrote: June 18th, 2021, 4:23 am ABS can be a right sod to print.
It doesn't stick to the bed and it warps. You need the bed at about 100°C, also an enclosure helps keep the heat in.
Les
I have 3D Printed many models using ABS an other than a very few annoyances, found that I really like the ABS printed models.
The cost of ABS is quite inexpensive about $10 per 1Kg compared to other filaments.

1. My 3D Printer is in an enclosure I find that the fumes are the most annoying. My 3D Printer enclosure serves as more than a fume extractor.
2. My Printers enclosure also serves as a heat chamber maintaining that perfect temperature for any filament.
3. My Printers enclosure keeps those pesky temperature changes and breezes away from my model currently being printed.

4 The Enclosure keeps my cats safe and away from the 3D Printer mechanisms and from getting hurt by them.
5.The Enclosure keeps my Cats from destroying any models during the printing process as their curiosity can get them in trouble.
clearchris
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Valkyrie

Post by clearchris »

The best I have found for abs is kapton tape + abs slurry (acetone and melted abs) if you need extra stick. If your bed can reach 100c, you don't need the abs slurry, a light spray of hairspray will do. Parts should be designed with abs in mind, rounded corners do best.

Return to “General / RepRap Printers”