Show off My latest Print

Show us your latest print!
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Re: Show off My latest Print

Post by Izzy »

Now I've got the Bondtech feeder fitted and no hub jobs I managed to finish my printer guardian 'Braq', printed in Faberdashery Bling Bling Gold PLA.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Dim3nsioneer
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original, 2, 2+, 2 Ext+, 3, S5, Form 2

Post by Dim3nsioneer »

Very nice work. Does he help you heating up the print bed by spitting fire on it? ;-)
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Wow how many pieces was that?

Love the ducks on the fan shroud
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

The movable Jaw version is 43 pieces, I had an inquiry for one on my Hub and I wanted to test the files as it was a nice model, I think I estimated about £60 but I need to check the files through the costings again as I wasn't happy with the quality of some of the courser models.
It was a nice model to build, I may do a scaled down version too. The design is from a great Spanish lady and is available on Thingiverse.
The Ducks are on my Fan Duct design, part of my "What Duck?" Design company :roll: :lol:
danilius
Reactions:

Post by danilius »

Wow, nice one. Look forward to quick toast.
Blizz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa: XL, MK4, MK3S+-MMU3, MK3S, Mini, SL1S

Post by Blizz »

Would've loved to see a timelapse of that print :)
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

No time lapse as I didn't print it all at once, I split it in to several batches as I didn't want to have problems part way through a print and loose a lot of filament. I've had a lot of interest from friends that have seen it, and I'm thinking of building one at 1/2 scale just to see what it builds like as an option.
The wings are shown folded to the body but they extend out.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Did you paint the eyes? Stickers?
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

The eyes were printed in white then painted and held in with blue tack.
Iltacitoduca
Reactions:

Post by Iltacitoduca »

Hi there!
well nothing artistic here to show, just some printing with ABS made at 80mm/s and some question about how the printer (Ultimaker 2) works really fine like this job ahead and sometimes it is so disappointing with no apparently reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdsKHIPlJO8

This print was made after cleaning the (original) feeder from dust and little pieces of ABS and cleaning the nozzle with "atomic pull" using PLA
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I haven't done anything with ABS so I don't have much advice to offer. 80 mm/s is very fast tho
Iltacitoduca
Reactions:

Post by Iltacitoduca »

LePaul wrote:I haven't done anything with ABS so I don't have much advice to offer. 80 mm/s is very fast tho
Hi LePaul,
well usually I print from 40 to 60 mm/s and from .1 to .2 for layer but after cleaning the feeder I usually made some test to see if it is all running nice :-D

Indeed, a month ago or so, I made a test with the LFS_Elephant file at 100mm/s with .3 layer ... I think it is the top speed the original feeder could reach without jamming (even if up today I didn't had time to test it at higher speed..) ok the result are not excellent (it's obvious).. but it just a speed test for the original feeder after having re-assembled it with a little criteria ;-)

LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I have the very same elephant on my desk, in Colorfabb PLA/PHA (Dutch Orange! Love that color)

I just received a refurbished Ultimaker 2 last week from the USA vendor that assembles them here. I am going to install the Ultimaker 2+ Extruder upgrade soon, so I can print with more materials and reliably! I'm not sure ABS is on my list of materials to use, it seems very problematic.
Iltacitoduca
Reactions:

Post by Iltacitoduca »

I think is only about trying...

but for sure you need a well calibrated machine to work with ABS, I mean you have to know the real temperature of both the print bed and the hot end.
I found that the temperature that is showed by Ultimaker 2 is quite approximative, for example on my UM2 the temperature displayed is 10°C less of the real for the hot end and a thermal photos of the print bed revealed a difference up 6°C from one side to the other...
without talking about the planarity of the print bed, that is another problem...

when you know where to print and the real temperature, you are at the half of the way for a successful print with ABS :lol:

Then you need a good support like kapton tape (just because I like mirror surface finishing ;-) ) well cleaned before start the print, usually I clean it with acetone when I put my fingers on it to remove any trace of grease but I find that I can have a clean surface with microfiber cloth ( I use those ones disposable for floor cleaning) ..If you have take a look at my video you can see that the adesion of ABS is excellent

Closing the front opening with a plexiglass sheet is a must to prevent cold air currents from outside

Last but not least the sides fans running from the second layer at 16% until the end of the print, with those ducts you see in the videos, grant perfect top layer and overhangs
Iltacitoduca
Reactions:

Post by Iltacitoduca »

oh, and just for the chronicles this is what I mean for mirror surface and the little bending of the print you can have using the right temperature for bed and kapton well cleaned

Return to “Show off your latest print”