Feedback...how's it look?

Have a suggestion for the forum? Requests? Please share
Blizz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa: XL, MK4, MK3S+-MMU3, MK3S, Mini, SL1S

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by Blizz »

Been using it for a couple days now, loving it (mainly the unread posts though). But its one of the things I so missed "over there"
Blizz
Reactions:

Post by Blizz »

I'd love somekind of "upvote" functionality to show my appreciation for posts, or anything in that direction. I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss the "Like" functionality from FB a bit here...
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Me too...I asked the developers of something like that exists.
Amedee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+

Post by Amedee »

There is this one which is still tagged 'dev' but should work...
(There are also some 'karma' extensions, but I don't think this is what we are looking for)
Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Post by Meduza »

I would love a @mention addon, so you can get a notification when you are tagged in a post, that is one of the things that i like about the new ultimaker forums.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I'll check that link out tomorrow.

I wonder if they have something for mentions...good call.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Ok, upper right hand corner is a Thumbs Up (or down if you later change your mind)
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Meduza wrote:I would love a @mention addon, so you can get a notification when you are tagged in a post, that is one of the things that i like about the new ultimaker forums.

Checked into this, someone did make one but it is notorious for slowing down web loading even on the most advanced hardware.

We'll have to wait and see if someone develops a successor to the first effort. It is listed as Abandoned
Blizz
Reactions:

Post by Blizz »

Also with the attachment functionality: Can you make the pictures open in a new tab by default? It's fairly inconvenient that every time you click open a picture you have to remember going back instead of closing the window. Either a new tab or a lightbox would improve the experience
jonnybischof
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by jonnybischof »

LePaul wrote:Okay I went ahead (it's good to be king... :) )

I don't want to shrink down too many areas...but I agree that the ones that have potential to have many sub-topics looks better this way
Hmm.. Not sure about these subforums. Now they are kinda hard to find (only found them because I was looking for them). I'd really kill the very specialized "one topic only" subcategories and make them what they are.. one topic.
Amedee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+

Post by Amedee »

Blizz wrote:Also with the attachment functionality: Can you make the pictures open in a new tab by default?
I don't like pages which decides for me that they need another tab, I want as user to decide myself ;-)

Having said that, I understand the annoyance, but maybe it is better to install the Lightbox extension which shows the pictures in overlay -- So no new tab (me happy) and no accidental close of window (blizz happy) :lol:

(and LePaul unhappy because he has now to spend his days installing more and more extensions :roll: )
Blizz
Reactions:

Post by Blizz »

Amedee wrote:(and LePaul unhappy because he has now to spend his days installing more and more extensions :roll: )
I would expect LePaul knew what he got himself into when he decided to start a forum. It'll settle down eventually ;)
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Blizz wrote:
Amedee wrote:(and LePaul unhappy because he has now to spend his days installing more and more extensions :roll: )
I would expect LePaul knew what he got himself into when he decided to start a forum. It'll settle down eventually ;)
Ha ha, you guys are fine! I am happy to try to accommodate the requests you are making.

You are being patient with me as I dust off my brain and remember how to mod and change these things!

I'm also trying to make changes and then leave it alone for 24 hours. This way everyone has a chance to offer an opinion on the change.

The forum offers a lot of flexibility and I'm sure we won't always agree on what modification is for the better or not.

The CONTENT and quality of the conversations is what I am most pleased with.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Amedee wrote:
Blizz wrote:Also with the attachment functionality: Can you make the pictures open in a new tab by default?
I don't like pages which decides for me that they need another tab, I want as user to decide myself ;-)

Having said that, I understand the annoyance, but maybe it is better to install the Lightbox extension which shows the pictures in overlay -- So no new tab (me happy) and no accidental close of window (blizz happy) :lol:

(and LePaul unhappy because he has now to spend his days installing more and more extensions :roll: )
I looked that over and there is a large list of problems and issues with it on some installs. One of my concerns were the images wouldn't display right on a phone. I really like how this forum displays on my iPhone and Android tablet so I don't want to mess with that!
Blizz
Reactions:

Post by Blizz »

LePaul wrote:I looked that over and there is a large list of problems and issues with it on some installs. One of my concerns were the images wouldn't display right on a phone. I really like how this forum displays on my iPhone and Android tablet so I don't want to mess with that!
So be it. I'll be sure to remember pressing my ⌘ key :)

Return to “Feedback, suggestions and more”