Distance between supports

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
raminee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Anycubic Photon mono2

Distance between supports

Post by raminee »

Hi

Is there a general rule of thumb on the distance between support structures say for Light/medium supports ??

My parts are not heavy or dense ,in fact the opposite. I am dealing with very thin and precise parts and would like to avoid the markings left by the support ends.

I am using Anycubic Photon Mono2
Thx
Raminee
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: Distance between supports

Post by Lez0 »

I've just done a batch of very small parts and needed to get a good finish on the support face. All I can say is small supports, and as many as you can put it. As it's small parts if they don't work out you can always print them again. I always print a few extras at the same time just to be sure because sometimes one or 2 don't come out perfect. Another thing, always take off the supports as soon as they come off the printer, they should peal off easily.
Thiagoros
Reactions:

Re: Distance between supports

Post by Thiagoros »

Lez0 wrote: January 9th, 2024, 1:45 am I've just done a batch of very small parts and needed to get a good finish on the support face. All I can say is small supports, and as many as you can put it. As it's small parts if they don't work out you can always print them again. I always print a few extras at the same time just to be sure because sometimes one or 2 don't come out perfect. Another thing, always take off the supports as soon as they come off the printer, they should peal off easily.
Good insight! Obtaining a clean finish on small 3D-printed items requires careful support placement. Printing extras as a precaution is a sound method that ensures success despite minor flaws. The suggestion to remove supports post-printing for easy removal streamlines the process. Enjoy printing and solving!Fm Whatsapp Download

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”