Prints either 1) Stringy 2) Not at all 3) Drags the print

Discussion of different brands and types of 3D printing filament
Chewy3D
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Crealty Ender V2

Prints either 1) Stringy 2) Not at all 3) Drags the print

Post by Chewy3D »

I have an Crealty ender V2. The nozzle temperature is set to the default of 200, and the bed set to 60. When I print, the print was coming out 'stringy', not at all, or the extruder was dragging the filament all over the bed. The bed was leveled at least a half dozen times, and I even increased temperature of the bed to 65 and the nozzle to 210 and when it prints, it still does the same thing. Now with that said, if I take off the blue knob while printing, squeeze the lever to where I put the filament into the hole to feed it, and push the filament in by hand, then it prints fine! Nice thick filament comes out and sticks properly. If I keep pushing that filament in the entire time, it would be printing perfectly. But if I let go, the filament stops coming out again, or the extruder drags it around, or it's stringy again. Can anyone tell me why? I don't think it matters but I am using Cura to do the slicing. I've even taken the filament out completely, and re-feed it back into the hose. Thank you
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Prints either 1) Stringy 2) Not at all 3) Drags the print

Post by LePaul »

200C is at best, your guess for a printing temp.

First, I'd make sure the material is dry. PLA and so on can all attract moisture so drying before use is a great best practice.

Also, I would do a temperature tower to find out what that material's ideal print temp is. EVERY machine is different and I've even found different colors of the same material (and brand) can behave differently.

Stringing in PLA can be linked to improper temp, moisture or retraction distance/speed.

I'd suggest giving this calibration site a look over, especially the videos

https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html
Chewy3D
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Crealty Ender V2

Post by Chewy3D »

Thank you for the reply but I found out the problem. The problem was in my app I had the wrong 3D printer set for some reason. Once changing it back to the exact printer, everything started working again
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

The right settings helps for sure!

Return to “Filament and printing material”