Ender 3 Max ABL problem

Printer firmware discussion
Gerald99
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ender 3 Max

Ender 3 Max ABL problem

Post by Gerald99 »

I have an Ender 3 Max printer, upgraded with the Micro-Swiss all-metal hotend. I have installed a BLTouch, and enabled it in Marlin 2.0.9.3.
I'm having a problem with putting down a consistent first layer, even with the BLTouch.

Among other things, I've tweaked the X gantry, the Y bed rollers, replaced the springs, replaced the BLTouch, replaced the glass bed...
It is acting as if it is ignoring the bltouch input.
I get a bed where the nozzle is too far away at the back left, and almost jamming the bed in the front right.
I want to turn ABL off, and try it with manual bed levelling.
In Marlin, I have "Restore ABL ..." enabled.
I've removed the G29 command from my printout, but want to make sure that the printer isn't trying to use some old ABL info instead of allowing the printer to work as is did prior to ABL.
Is there a G29 parameter that turns it off temporarily?
I see a 'J' parameter, which specifies [J<bool>]. What's the usage on this? is it just g29 J or J1 or J0?

Thanks for any help...

Gerald
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Ender 3 Max ABL problem

Post by LePaul »

I don't have an Ender 3 Max (or any Enders) to really compare. There are a lot of Enders out there and one avenue for answers might be to check one of the Facebook Groups for Creality Ender 3D printers

Your description of the problem makes me think of one possible thing to check.
If you look at the ANTCLABS BL touch website (https://www.antclabs.com/manual), what version do you have?
Now pay close attention to this part, look at the guidelines for the distance for the BL Touch tip in relation to the nozzle tip.
You need to be 2.3 to 4.3 mm above it
Capture.PNG

Return to “Firmware”