3D Printing on a Budget

Form 2, Form 3 , Elegoo Mars, ANYBUBIC Photon and much more....with the prices coming down, many 3D printers employing this technology are available to the masses!
Calvin Jones
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Geeetech A20T

3D Printing on a Budget

Post by Calvin Jones »

Hey everyone,
What is the best 3D printers for classroom and are on a budget, there is a slew of 3D printers currently i know ANYCUBIC Mega SE and Creatbot DM.
Looking for something that is compatible with 3rd party resins.
Thanks for any response.
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Re: 3D Printing on a Budget

Post by Lez0 »

I have been using an Anycubic Photon for over 2 years, it's done 100's of prints. It has a good community on Facebook if you have any problems. I have used various makes of resins but use Elegoo ABS like resin the most. There is a spreadsheet with loads of different makes of resins with there settings, I'll post it later. I know they don't do the vanilla Photon, they do the S.
Remember safety as you are working with chemicals. The good thing I like about the Photon is the lid is hinged, is may seem a small point but it means you don't have to worry about putting it somewhere and possible getting broke.
I would think the other makes of printers would use any make of resin, it's just a matter of getting the setting right so you get a good print, or a print at all.
Lez
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

If you have a classroom environment, be aware of the dangers of the resins and the finishing process.

I work at a University and I am always a bit shocked when I hear how some schools or individuals are woefully unaware of the dangers of 3D printing (FDM or Resin)

I'd suggest you also talk to whomever is in charge of safety at the school. If you review the Material Safety Data Sheets on the resins, there are many dangers (inhalation, droplet, etc).

Enclosures, ventilation and fire safety would be huge too.
decolui
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Dremel Idea Builder 3D Printer Model #3D20-01

Post by decolui »

If you're looking for 3D printers for classroom and are on a budget ANYCUBIC Mega SE can be a great choice for you. These are under $200 and works very well.
Mega SE is an affordable 3D printer perfect for hobbyists and beginners.
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

Here is the list of resins, use it as a guide:

Lez

Return to “Resin 3D Printers”