HicTop 3dp-11 installing a BLTouch as a NewBe

Have a problem or question, suggested links/information/FAQ's? Post it here
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: HicTop 3dp-11 installing a BLTouch as a NewBe

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Have you read both of my posts today the answer is in the first post today.
Well that was going to be my first question. I am most certain that the Pins are not long enough to make connections correctly.

Do you want to try to figure it out for yourself.
Would you like to see my Marlin 1.1.9BF files or would you like me to configure 2.0.9.3 for BL Touch.

Hictop BL-Touch.txt
(701 Bytes) Downloaded 223 times
bob414
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3dp-11

Post by bob414 »

Please let me see your 1.1.9BF files, I want to compare them to my attempts. Maybe I can learn something.

Nice knowing you are there to help, in case or when I get lost.

Bob
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Link to Marlin-1.1.9_Purple-3D.zip

Do you a Mount for the BL touch If so please post it.
bob414
Reactions:

Post by bob414 »

Using the mount from thingiverse, attached to the linier bearing. It does not work as good adjustable mount as I would like. I have it set at a 3mm difference from the nozzle. When I get the BLTouch working, I plan on doing my own design.

Comparing the two Configure.h files, are you using a filament detector?

Bob
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Thinking that with my modified Duct and cooling 2 fin heat sink on the PTFE throat I could remove the left side fan and heat sink.
I believe the Front Fan an duct should cool more than enough
Sensor.jpg
The Image Below shows the perfect location to mount a 3D / BL Tough on the stepper motor mount Aluminum hotend upper chamber.
New Touch location.jpg
Currently using New 3D Printer as my test Printer. May redesign using dual 10mm front fans duct to cool properly.
Will merely add a divider between parts cooling and throat cooling ducts.
New Hictop extruder duct.stl
(372.05 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
bob414
Reactions:

Post by bob414 »

I think I have a working printer with a BLTouch probe, with Marlin 2.0.9 version.

Still want to fine tune to get better prints.

I printed a 20MM test cube, I measured 19.99mm in Z, 20.48mm in X and 20.51mm. Is there a good way to correct the x and y overflow?

I managed to put a JST Plug on the BLTouch 1M extension cable and connected to the D11 connector on the Motherboard, checked the continuity to be sure that I did a good job on the crimps. The original plug felt like it made connection, but with testing it really did not.

Thanks for all of your help, you put me on the right track and put up with all my newbe questions.

Bob
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

You are welcome!!!

Know that this knowledge did not come to me instantly.
Have experienced every problem as you, the only difference the best help received from this forum Chip Lucks Hictop firmware post.

For whatever reason Chip's old post were the only source of information as chip was no longer Posting here.
Found all the 3D Printing forums became a member, so could use the limited knowledge obtained and pass it along. All this for Chips Hictop post.
Have helped Hictop users on 2 Continents and several Islands get their Hictop 3D Printers working as well as my own...

I could have procrastinated for several more years before trying to update my firmware to BL-Touch.
Helping you fix your BL-Touch helped me fix My 3D Touch, every time I helped someone, I learn more useful information for myself.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

bob414 wrote: January 27th, 2022, 5:39 pm I printed a 20MM test cube, I measured 19.99mm in Z, 20.48mm in X and 20.51mm.
Bob

Read all about it here
bob414
Reactions:

Post by bob414 »

Thanks for the link.

I am now .06mm, .05mm and .01mm (x,y,z resp) on a 20mm cube. Had a problem with cube orientation in Cura, got that fixed and it was easy.

I have been working on manually adjusting the bed level from BLTouch mesh reading. Trying to determine how much my bed is warped.

Will try other cal. suggestion when I get the time. Great link!

Thanks again.

How is your new printer doing?

Bob.
bob414
Reactions:

Post by bob414 »

I cannot thank you enough for getting by 3D printer updated to the bed leveling of the 3BLTouch and working better than ever.

I printed the Flexible Croc in ABS, and layered in 2 colors 4 times. Everybody is amazed how well it turned out. Just had to break off the brim, used a AquaNet spray on the bed.

Another question, I do know my bed is warped and I am using the 3 by 3 leveling. Is there a easy way to do a maybe 5 by 5 leveling calibration without rewriting the Marlin code?

If I have to rewrite the Marlin code, is it wise, beneficial or necessary to change the default values to the tuned values for Z, X, Y and Extruder?

Bob
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I have used many configurations on my 3D Printer though have decided on a 6x6 grid.
By enabling "#define RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28" only have to bed level one in a blue moon.

I also disable "//#define DISABLE_M503 " to save ~2700 bytes of PROGMEM.

The only way I know is to re-compile and flash.

Return to “General Questions”