Please help!! Raise 3D N2 won’t print circles!!

Have a print that has problems? Need some feedback? Post it here.
Rybonuke
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Raise 3D N2 Dual Head

Please help!! Raise 3D N2 won’t print circles!!

Post by Rybonuke »

Please help anyone! Been using my raise 3D N2 dual printer now for about one year. Recently my prints have been suffering significantly. Printer won’t even draw a circle. They come out oval. I have tried everything tech support suggested with no results. Loosened almost every damn screw on this thing. Anyone else have any thoughts? Thanks in advance guys!
Attachments
Circles
Circles
Crappy circle print
Crappy circle print
Rybonuke
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Raise 3D N2 Dual Head

Re: Please help!! Raise 3D N2 won’t print circles!!

Post by Rybonuke »

Please help anyone! Been using my raise 3D N2 dual printer now for about one year. Recently my prints have been suffering significantly. Printer won’t even draw a circle. They come out oval. I have tried everything tech support suggested with no results. Loosened almost every damn screw on this thing. Anyone else have any thoughts? Thanks in advance guys!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Have you tried their support forum? Those printers aren't cheap...I would certainly expect better results from a printer at that price range

I cant tell if it is the X or Y axis dragging that out...how are the belts?
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I would suggest the slicer, slicers do not slice circles they slice straight lines in facets or triangles to make a circle. If you use a Cad program to create your own models then I would suggest that you reduce the number of facets used to create holes or curves, as the slicers get confused and start combining them creating strange arcs.

Attached is a test STl file for printing holes.
Holes in MM demo.stl
(143.34 KiB) Downloaded 352 times
I suggest using the Holes in MM demo to calibrate your slicer or to test other slicers.
I have had many problems with the new versions of some Slicers and as such still mainly use Cura 15.04.6
Though on occasions still use other the other slicers to get their special functions.

Return to “Help me fix this print!”