VHS Tape Repair Frame

Show us your latest print!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

VHS Tape Repair Frame

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Not sure how many are still using VHS Tape Players, since I repair, clean and do transfers of Video from VHS to Digital data.
Making CD, DVD and Blu-Ray backups of the older Media I have a need for a VHS Tape Frame.

So I have Made this frame and putting it up for anyone who whats to download.
This Skeleton frame of a VHS tape that will allow you to make adjustments to your VHS player/Recorder without the VHS tape getting in the way.
It is designed so it can only be inserted into the Player/Recorder only one direction.
Front is As Shown in the Image below, the notch in the center bottom is a key to allow this side in only.
VHS.jpg
This should be printed in clear to make it as translucent as possible.
Being translucent the inferred emitters will shine thru so a Dark Black Dot is taped to front of both sides as shown in the following image.
This will defeat the Broke Tape Sensors. .
VHS Round Black Sticker.jpg
Attached STL file is for anyone who wants or can use a VHS Tape Frame for VHS tape Player / Recorder cleaning or repair.
Attachments
VHS Tape Gig.stl
(35.14 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: VHS Tape Repair Frame

Post by LePaul »

Ironically....

...I found a box of old VHS tapes. Many still sealed. They were Wide Screen versions of movies I had...and tucked away for the day I had a wide screen TV to play them on. Since I have yet to see an HDMI level VCR, I think if I did open them up, the resolution offered would be disappointing
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

There are many VCR's w/HDMI 1080p HD Upconversion thou don't waste your money you will never get a HD video quality from a VHS tape.
As they have to convert the signal using a HD Upconversion circuit like This

Buy New in DVD, Blu-ray or do as I, be nostalgic watch on your HD 1080p TV via the RCA inputs not perfect but nostalgic.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

For real nostalgia, try modding an Atari 2600 to work on a 44" LCD 1080p monitor. Really makes the pixels come alive.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

GrueMaster wrote: December 11th, 2018, 9:44 am For real nostalgia, try modding an Atari 2600 to work on a 44" LCD 1080p monitor. Really makes the pixels come alive.
I remember my 1st computer a TRS-80 with 16k memory, same block graphics only B&W graphics.
TRS 80.jpg
Hand coding Z-80 Assembly language for a new game.
Need my Frog colored picture back though, He helped me Code through the years...

Return to “Show off your latest print”