A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

Post by LePaul »

I was prepping for R2-D2's appearance at a minor league baseball team's STAR WARS Night. It was in Portland (Maine), 2 hours south of me. I think this is the 5th or 6th time I have done this event. R2's foot drives have had a major upgrade but the center foot has some issues, the caster bearings have corroded and I need to replace it. R2's foot shell has less than an inch of ground clearance so on uneven surfaces, R2 can get stuck. But the new foot drives have a lot more power, so R2 can generally plow through and move around really well. However the baseball infield (clay) is pretty soft, so we did good but a few loose spots, we were stopped in our tracks. So so many kids, adults, families stopped for photos. A lot of smiles...a couple if misbehaved kids were annoying, hitting and kicking R2 (while the parents sat there and thought it was funny). I intervened and asked those parents to move along and leave, which they did. It's amazing how some people will walk up to your creation and try to harm it. (A $10,000 dollar one at that) I try to make light of it and have some fun. One teenager kept tapping R2 on the head and asking what is he saying. I walked up to him and told him "I can tell you what he's saying" I lightly tapped HIS head and told him "He says stop hitting my head" The kid's parents thought that was hilarious and apologized. Not all people mean harm, they just lack common sense. :)
IMG_8048.JPG
IMG_8059.JPG
ps_IMG_8070.jpg
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by Izzy »

It's a pity you can't fit him with a taser or pepper spray to get them back, perhaps a capacitor discharge on a flexible PCB track.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Well....it is the one down sides of doing these public events. I had a few people wanting to play with the Ultimaker 2+/3's when I had those on display a few weeks ago. My assistants were great, asking visitors to not touch, but observe them in action.

I usually have a few volunteers with me usually friends who are Mom's...so they know how to shout out "Don't touch" with much better effect than I. :)

But that's how it is working with the public. You find out how respectful...or not respectful...people are raised.
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

Went to a place with a kids playground on our vacation...where my son found a new favorite:
IMG_2571.JPG
So I searched our local eBay alternative an found one...so I had to buy one. It's probably the same age as me...a bit rusty...but still works and will probably outlast many modern toys 😊
IMG_2574.JPG
IMG_2574.JPG (27.57 KiB) Viewed 25397 times
Like I always say...in the old days they knew how to make toys 😎
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I had many Tonka trucks growing up! One like that, the dump truck....then I upgraded to the Big Trak and the Space: 1999 Eagle spaceship :)
space-1999.jpg
Big-Trak1.jpg
Titus
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original+HBK

Post by Titus »

Hooked my printer up for the first time since a year+. After some trouble updating the firmware, I was ready to go. But boy, have I forgot how to print, what settings would be beneficial to change. Importing old gcode in an old Cura gave me some idea. Still, it has been a while.
First print had incredible scarring up top, changed some settings like zhop, temperature and travel speed, scars are gone, but walls and infill are touching less, also top layer borders are sticking out a bit, being sharpish.

Apparently I need a little more practice to get back into this game :P

Also, @nallath, why did you finally give in to the people wanting to turn auto slicing off?
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

My biggest issue right now is the start/stop/z-seam....Cura handles it better, Simplify3D not so much.
Susie
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Wanhao Duplicator i3 plus

Post by Susie »

Had a nice email from Fillamentum. My dragon hair pin print in Fillamentum vertigo grey printed on my Wanhao D i3 + made it to there best 3D prints of the last week #4.
https://fillamentum.com/blogs/news/best ... fsrc=email
image.jpeg
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Izzy and I can't wear one....a bit folicly challenged....
Susie
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Wanhao Duplicator i3 plus

Post by Susie »

Glue gun will be handy 😂
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

You should have seen the looks I got at the drugstore buying extra gold hairspray from the printers!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

LePaul wrote: August 14th, 2017, 8:59 pm Izzy and I can't wear one....a bit folicly challenged....
LePaul wrote: August 15th, 2017, 4:56 pm You should have seen the looks I got at the drugstore buying extra gold hairspray from the printers!
Thank you , Had a good LOL
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

Today i'm exited...tonight I will step back in time to my childhood together with my oldest son...and see the life of one of the greatest race car drivers of all time displayed on the big screen (yes, that is not just my opinion ;) ). He knew just how far you could push a car and he beat many drivers sitting in far better race cars than he did.

The great Emerson Fitipaldi flew up to New York for a few hours just for an interview for this documentary and he attended the premiere in Sweden also. That is how great this guy from Sweden was. Sadly his life ended way too early, almost 40 years ago.

(T minus 5 hrs and counting 8-) )
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I keep trying to surf the content on the UM forum but it is just...so...slow....for a very long time now.
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Post by Neotko »

Today I got the corexy china printer. So far the box packaging looks very neat. Ofc assembling it will take some days

Return to “General Discussion”