Super hard nozzles - Test pilots

Discussions concerning the Ultimaker 2 / Ultimaker 2+ series of printers, including the Ultimaker 2 Go
Anders Olsson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2 UM2E, UM2Go, UM3, Delta Tower, Form 1+, Form 2

Re: Super hard nozzles - Test pilots

Post by Anders Olsson »

Neotko wrote:MEN!!! SOO COOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Ruby Nozzle it's the cherry on top for any high quality printer! Grats!!!!
I should thank you in particular for being the most neat and patient ruby tester of them all! :)
That 8 kg carbon fill testing is something that I simply could not have done myself.
LePaul wrote:Is the nozzle the same size overall ?
More or less, the difference is a slightly thicker ruby that makes the extrusion pressure slightly higher.
The total length and the hole size is the same. The shoulder is slightly larger.
MTVDNA
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by MTVDNA »

Congratulations!

Can you give any indication of what the price will be?
gudo
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2 Extended

Post by gudo »

Hi to all
Hi Anders
Yesterday I tested at 0.5 scaled the Yoda print with PLA ( https://www.youmagine.com/designs/oh-no ... y-dizingof ) with a ton of retractations, the feeder works as a machine gun !

205°Temp
0.1 mm layers
80 mm/s print speed
220 mm/s travel speed
1.8 mm retractation at 40 mm/s

The Ruby Nozzle works perfectely with my PBI system !!! :-P

Yoda brothers concil 8-)
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Post by Neotko »

Cool stuff gudo!!!

I installed one of newbeta and WOW. No gloss change, super neat extrusion, and not sure yet (not sure at all) but it might be doing the ringing dampening of the very first beta... not sure yet at all.

So far I see perfect extrusion, amazing top layers and same gloss at a temperature that I know (when you print the same 800 times you can say 'sure') that if it the extrusion temp changes 2C the gloss stats to banish.

I'm so amazed men. This nozzle will be the main choisee for any high quality printer, and also it can resist abrasive stuff. Amazing anders.

Will do more test this days. So far I'm all hyped!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Okay, good to know...so I won't feel like I am missing out (too much) having the 1st generation nozzle and not the latest.
Anders Olsson
Reactions:

Post by Anders Olsson »

Very impressive gudo, and that PBI looks so good!
I am surprised that the PLA filament can take all those retractions, maybe I should get one of those bondtech feeders for my 3mm filament setup.
Neotko wrote:I installed one of newbeta and WOW. No gloss change, super neat extrusion, and not sure yet (not sure at all) but it might be doing the ringing dampening of the very first beta... not sure yet at all.
I also noticed what you call "ringing dampening" on this version of the ruby. It is a very slight effect but it is clearly visible on sidewalls if you look closely.
Still not sure where it comes from or why it was there on the first prototypes but not on the second series of prototypes though.
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

I still put money on my absurd crazy theory + your theory.

I think like you posted long sgo most ringing comes from the vibrations from filament feedeing motor extrusion. And I seen some docs about how low sound can ruby move. I 'believe' on my naive zero science perspective that the ruby absorbs the vibration from that side of the fdm making not only a much more precise extrusion but also less ringing. Ofc my theory die with the second beta ruby. But wow first vs test show amazing top layer and the scratches are almost invisible (unless you printed the same so many times). Way less blobs on retract/extrusion. The thing that is puzzling me is that I'm getting more gloss on the print and for what I seen I only get that if the heat is more stable, so probably this new beta might use even less pressure than a normal brass.

Anders, you rock men! So hyped after seeing the first two prints!
Neotko
Reactions:

Post by Neotko »

Also yeah anders, bondtech extrusion gear is like a clockwork. They sell the small ones separated, I made a mod using Robert feeder design to make a 1.75 mod with them, they push filament like a beast (and I don't use their planetary motor except on one machine with the PIB of gudo).
Titus
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original+HBK

Post by Titus »

Congratulations Anders!
The block is nice(though better for UM2 owners than myself owning an UMO), but the nozzle can be used in almost any printer, and the upgrade value is amazing. Not only in wear it will be cost effective, I noticed so much print quality improvements. If mine'd break, I'd buy a new one instantly, regardless of the price ;)
Anders Olsson
Reactions:

Post by Anders Olsson »

MTVDNA wrote:Can you give any indication of what the price will be?
I don't think the price is decided yet.
There are lots of calculations and negotiations in the pricing process and I happily stay out of those :-)
According to what I heard though, it will not be extremely cheap but also not crazy expensive.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Let's ask a more clever way...has Anders recently bought a Lamborghini or Ferrari ? :D
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

:lol: no he was last seen travelling in a yellow Reliant Robin van, Del Boy Trotter style
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

Congratulations Anders, all the hard work in R&D and the testing too has brought a truly great nozzle to the market.
This will be definitely be the nozzle everybody will add to their nozzle box not just for the UM but all that can run with it.
Can we add our names to a pre order list to get ahead of the masses :lol:
Now for your next challenge!....
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

Congratulations, Anders! Amazing job!
Blizz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa: XL, MK4, MK3S+-MMU3, MK3S, Mini, SL1S

Post by Blizz »

Those nozzles look awesome :)
If you can, make sure to release 1.75mm variants as well so that I can buy one for my Prusa i3

Return to “Ultimaker 2 / Ultimaker 2+ / Extended & Go”