Upgrade kit available

Discussions concerning the Ultimaker 2 / Ultimaker 2+ series of printers, including the Ultimaker 2 Go
reibuehl
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Re: Upgrade kit available

Post by reibuehl »

And if you produce a nice addon, they will ship it with future UM2+ and let you pay again for it as part of the UM2++ upgrade kit later :-)
Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Post by Meduza »

If you really design something that becomes a part of a future upgrade, i am pretty sure you at the very least would get it for free, it is not Takerbot we are talking about now ;)
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I've been amazed at the posting that goes on for about 4 pages now...lot of people unhappy about the price. And that the upgrade covers a lot of "known issues" versus new features
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

No matter what you do there will be unhappy people. And everyone wants their pieces now (talking about those who only wants part of the whole kit).

The current kit is aimed at users who wants a better printer but either doesn't want to, or lack the skills to do all the individual tweaks themselves without risking a broken printer (remember the guy who recently mounted his Olsson block and kind of semi-wrecked his UM2 for a while). And imo it's a great kit and price for that.

For others, yeah, it's a bit much to buy all of it. But they can soon buy those parts they need. But then, yesterday is way too late for many people, so the whining starts :/
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I think I know the members you're talking about.

And from the many posts about under extrusion issues, many people have had issues since day one. And of course, some have not.

And that's what tough about watching this.

Some bought an Ultimaker 2 so they wouldn't have to mess with assembly. There's going to be a few that really do not want to take apart and do the upgrade. It's just beyond their comfort zone. Olsson Block wasn't too bad...but wires and motors...eek!

What if you bought an UM2 recently...any price break on the upgrade if within so many days/weeks?
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

I doubt they will get a discount or price break, after all when I purchased my UM2 it was being pushed as being dual print head capable with an upgrade in a few months, this was cancelled but we didn't get any money back for what failed to materialise, Although I was a little disappointed that the dual print head was cancelled I can appreciate that Ultimaker didn't want to release something to the market that would fall below there high quality and cause problem. I still think that I made the right choice with the UM2, it is a quality machine, it has a good if some times slow support, but has an excellent following with the likes of the guys on the forums who offer support to all no matter there problems. :-D :ugeek: and I would still recommend it to new starters.
We all know that cheap parts fail and cause problems due to poor manufacturing quality, and so I don't mind paying a decent price for good quality parts. My wife has agreed that I can have the upgrade kit as a birthday present :lol: so a bit latter when comments from those that have fitted it have come in I will no doubt treat myself (unless I win it in the competition) :lol: (can I enter my Duck Ducts :roll:) lets just keep up the good work, Izzy
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

Some of the upgrades in the kit I'm puzzled that they haven't fixed before. They are small and relatively cheap. Yet improves the printer a lot.
Amedee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+

Post by Amedee »

LePaul wrote: What if you bought an UM2 recently...any price break on the upgrade if within so many days/weeks?
A French dealer has recently discounted all its non-plus UM2 at half price... (All gone in one day)
Blizz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa: XL, MK4, MK3S+-MMU3, MK3S, Mini, SL1S

Post by Blizz »

So anyone came up with an idea already to lock the "filament change"-button in place while doing that?
I have the kit on backorder so I don't know firsthand yet, but I heard that the switch requires a fair amount of pressure to hold down.
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Post by Neotko »

It shouldn't be too hard to make a 'IRoberI' out of the new extruder to unlock the filament fast. Ofc without the parts to make the measures it's quite impossible. But all the parts can be disassembled.
Blizz
Reactions:

Post by Blizz »

Soooo.. still waiting for the kit. Almost 3 weeks now. Stock issues I guess.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Has anyone done the upgrade? How hard was it?
Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Post by Meduza »

It is not that hard, it takes maybe an hour if it is your first upgrade install and you take your time to follow the instructions, i believe i can do it in 30-40min.
Blizz
Reactions:

Post by Blizz »

My upgrade package arrived this morning, left it in the car at the train station so I will look at it tonight. Found the box awfully light though, expected heavier :)
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

We expect a video of the unpacking :-D complete with oooohs and arhhhhs :lol:

Return to “Ultimaker 2 / Ultimaker 2+ / Extended & Go”