Z 0

Discussions concerning the Ultimaker 2 / Ultimaker 2+ series of printers, including the Ultimaker 2 Go
darkdvd
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2/UM2+

Re: Z 0

Post by darkdvd »

To calibrate the bed, I used a 0.1 gauge and yesterday, I use the "adjust Z position" in the Tinker firmware and calibrated the space between the nozzle and the bed with a 0.05 gauge, with the button I substract 0.05 so for me (and the printer by the way), the space between the nozzle and the bed is near to 0.

Where are the 0.1 mm comming from ? :shock:

First layer pression ?
For a second test, I use a first layer at 0.21 and the result is near the same...
Amedee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+

Post by Amedee »

darkdvd wrote: First layer pression ?
That does not play a role -- Whatever your first layer is, the height is equalized after a couple of layers.
You can scratch your head to try to understand why it is that way, but pragmatically if your prints are too short by 1/10th it means that your bed is 1/10th too high...
darkdvd
Reactions:

Post by darkdvd »

You are right Amedee. The question now is how to calibrate the bed to be close to 0 offset...
Amedee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+

Post by Amedee »

"La différence entre la théorie et la pratique, c’est qu’en théorie, il n’y a pas de différence entre la théorie et la pratique, mais qu’en pratique, il y en a une!"
–Jan Van de Snepscheut

Pour ce genre de choses je suis plutôt pragmatique... Si quand tu calibres avec une jauge de 1/10 tu est 1/10 trop haut, il suffit de calibrer avec une jauge de 2/10. Ce n'est peut être pas très satisfaisant intellectuellement, mais c'est une solution simple et efficace...

Maintenant je ne dis pas que ce n'est pas intéressant de poursuivre la discussion pour savoir où se situe la différence ;)
darkdvd
Reactions:

Post by darkdvd »

Tout a fait d'accord avec toi ! L'idée étant d'avoir une calibration pile poil... sur une pièce, je devais avoir un ergot de 0.4 mm d'épaisseur et après l'impression, j'avais 0.28 d'où ma remise en question de la calibration !

Je suis en train d'essayer une nouvelle procédure : je vous tiens au jus (enfin ceux qui sont gênés par la perte de ces 0.1 mm :shock: )

Return to “Ultimaker 2 / Ultimaker 2+ / Extended & Go”