Hooray to Change Filament option!

Discussion of the Ultimaker Original and Ultimaker Original + (kit and pre-assembled) printers
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Hooray to Change Filament option!

Post by LePaul »

Despite having a failed print in my UM2+ last night, I DID have some good luck with my UMO

I wanted to see if the UMO, using 2.3.0, could print the BB-8 part successfully. Most of the Cura settings were ok, I had to change the retraction speed and distance (40mm/s and 4.6mm) and a few little things.

Cura really wanted the UMO to go FAST and I wound up slowing it down to 40 mm/sec Coasting was a nice help too.

But...I had two nearly depleted spools of Colorfabb left. So, I closely monitored when I had a little bit left (about 6 inches) sticking out of the extruder, used the Ulticontroller to Change Filament...and it worked beautifully! Reversed the material out! Of course the LOUD beep was an inspiration to hurry up and get new filament in....but once I had loaded the Colorfabb white (which I have hated for a long time), manually extruded material, then off we went!
IMG_4566.JPG
Titus
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original+HBK

Re: Hooray to Change Filament option!

Post by Titus »

There is a change filament option on an UMO now :O
DAMN, firmware upgrade :D I want it :D NOAW! I used the pause plugin to change filaments but that requires planning beforehand.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I remember seeing it in the Ulticontroller and read others used it alright. So, I figured I would use up a nearly used up roll with another nearly used up roll. Came out ok (well despite how awful white looks)
antiklesys
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by antiklesys »

Is this in Amedee's firmware or are you using a different branch?
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Amedee's

Return to “Ultimaker Original & Ultimaker Original +”