Creality CR-10 ESSENTIAL Unboxing, Assembly, First Print Video

Creality brand 3D Printers!
jvidamins
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality CR-10

Creality CR-10 ESSENTIAL Unboxing, Assembly, First Print Video

Post by jvidamins »

Here's an unboxing, assembly, first print, slicer setup guide I just uploaded to my channel. Hope you enjoy and it helps someone out there!

LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Creality CR-10 ESSENTIAL Unboxing, Assembly, First Print Video

Post by LePaul »

@jvidamins , while I welcome you to our forum....are you just here to plug your channel...or actually join in any of our conversations?
jvidamins
Reactions:

Post by jvidamins »

Will definitely be joining in. Just got this up and running, so lots more to discover and mod. Looking forward to learning a lot more.
Anders Olsson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2 UM2E, UM2Go, UM3, Delta Tower, Form 1+, Form 2

Post by Anders Olsson »

Had a look at the CR-10 a few times at work and if I needed a printer I would rather choose it over the Prusa MK3 that I just bought.
The CR-10 has an impressively clean and simple design, seems easy to assemble and prints really well out of the box.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Anders Olsson wrote: February 28th, 2018, 2:22 pm Had a look at the CR-10 a few times at work and if I needed a printer I would rather choose it over the Prusa MK3 that I just bought.
The CR-10 has an impressively clean and simple design, seems easy to assemble and prints really well out of the box.
I agree with you. I just bought a second one (well, a 10S this time) :)
jvidamins
Reactions:

Post by jvidamins »

LePaul wrote: February 28th, 2018, 3:18 pm
Anders Olsson wrote: February 28th, 2018, 2:22 pm Had a look at the CR-10 a few times at work and if I needed a printer I would rather choose it over the Prusa MK3 that I just bought.
I agree with you. I just bought a second one (well, a 10S this time) :)
Do you think the upgrades are worth the extra cost for the CR-10S?
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

I have the 10S, my son has the 10. The upgrades are worth it, although not entirely perfect. One issue I have is that I need to constantly relevel after the printer sits for a while. The right Z axis will drop by as much as 1mm. It is easy enough to adjust, just send the carriage to the right side and hit Z home on Octoprint while holding a piece of paper under the nozzle (standard paper test). Then disable all steppers, and manually twist the Z rod on the right side to get it back to 'close enough'. Then rerun the 4-square+center level test to fine tune (I keep that one loaded on Octoprint). Adds an additional 15 minutes to starting a new print.

The advantages are the dual Z (reduces droop on X axis), filament sensor, and from what I understand, a better control board (can be flashed with latest Marlin w/o heroics).
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I have the 10 and I have been working on getting a new motherboard that can accept the new firmware. The stock CR-10 has the Melzie board.

Due to the faulty capacitor on most boards, the motherboards are hard to get right now. I bought my 10S from PrintedSolid.com and they already replaced it on the ones they sell. :)

The dual z is a nice upgrade, as is the larger capacitors in the event of a power flicker. The filament run out sensor...eh...I've heard those are problematic for many.

I'll point out that if you are willing to pay a bit more, you could buy from PrintedSolid.com or Tiny Machines. They unbox, setup and test each printer to make sure it's ready to go. My 10S from PrintedSolid sports an impressive checklist of things they did, adjusted and tweaked, before sending it to me. It's a bit more but I really like that.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

Hictop claims to have done the same, but no checklist and the supplied SD still has decapicat on it (along with a plethora of other broken models). Yours sounds a lot more thorough.

I did get a free replacement hot end and tools to add quick connectors to the wiring harness as a Facebook promotion.

As to the filament sensor, it works only if you print from SD. Marlin doesn't push anything to serial when filament sensor is triggered. Not sure why, no spare time to dig into it.

Return to “Creality Large Scale 3D Printers”