Micro Swiss Upgrade completed!

Creality brand 3D Printers!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Micro Swiss Upgrade completed!

Post by LePaul »

What started as "let's do a quick print" turned into a full upgrade!

I had been printing with PETG with good results. I had noticed the last print wasn't looking very good...under extruded. I suspected a partial clog.

So I heated up the nozzle to 250, cooled to 200 and tugged the filament out (my semi-atomic pull method on the CR-10 which seems to help clean out the nozzle). I put some PLA filament in and not a lot was extruding out. I boosted the temp to the high end of that PLA brand (220) and while I wasn't getting PETG anymore, my PLA wasn't flowing out as good as it should have.

Out with the PLA filament.

And then I just decided...screw it. Let's replace it with the Micro Swiss I have had sitting here for a few months. (It was destined for the CR-10 to CR-10S upgrade...but that can wait).

I re-used the heater block and largely followed the path Joel did (3D Printing Nerd). My Swiss Micro Upgrade kit went in pretty easy. Getting the silicone boot over the heater block was a bit of a struggle but I got it on there.

I looked at the old PTFE bowden tube and wasn't impressed. Out it went in favor of some Capricorn XS tubing. I used an Exacto knife to carefully cut the tubing to a straight, smooth edge. I tested it with some PLA for smoothness. WOW...what a difference.

Now that the new tubing is installed and the hot end upgrade is done, I had to re-calibrate my EZABL bed leveling sensor. All of that mounts to the print head...and all of that was removed and re-installed.

Well heck, while there, get rid of the bed springs and use solid mount spacers instead. Done.

Insert filament and give it a go...everything is working really nicely.

Did a few test prints and they came out very good. I'm using the ZYLTech Uncle Jessy Silver PLA...very nice material.

Next up...replacing the stock extruder with the all metal HICTOP one soon!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Micro Swiss Upgrade completed!

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Great>>>
Looking forward to your Post on replacing the stock extruder with the all metal HICTOP one.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I've found a few tutorials showing how to do it...just have to sit down and make it happen
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Oh how nice, this makes it look easy!

GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

I already did the extruder replacement. Takes ~5 minutes and works like a charm.

Return to “Creality Large Scale 3D Printers”