HELP NEEDED: Leaking from the enclosure of the hot end!

Creality brand 3D Printers!
n1xson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Creality CR-10

HELP NEEDED: Leaking from the enclosure of the hot end!

Post by n1xson »

Hi all,

I bought my first 3D printer (Creality CR10) last week and printed a few nice small prints.
Switched filament (from white to black), before trying to print one of the essential upgrades for the kit, but found a significant amount of melted white filament coming from inside of the box in the hot end.
I've taken the case off of the hot end and seen a lot of filament that is just surrounding the hot end. See pictures attached:
IMG_20181015_190339.jpg
IMG_20181015_190344.jpg
IMG_20181015_190357.jpg
I've read that this is because of the connection between the filament feed tube and the hot end nozzleis not flush. I've tried following the guidelines, of losening the nozzle, before trying to retighten it (all whilst hot). But to no avail.

Help anyone?
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: HELP NEEDED: Leaking from the enclosure of the hot end!

Post by LePaul »

Wow, how unfortunate. Where did you get the printer from?

It looks like, once you get that mess cleaned up, you will want to disassemble the hot end and put it back together making sure everything is snug and secure. Clearly it wasn't the first time. OR...you could take the opportunity to replace the hotend with a better, MicroSwiss all metal one.
Fusion (Max)
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Monoprice Mini Delta, Cr-10

Post by Fusion (Max) »

Hello, I have never had this problem with my cr-10 I have had many others but not this I would suggest just a full on replacement such as a microswiss like Paul said or get the creality replacement to save money. The microswiss is better but more expensive and if your not sure you like it yet I would recommend sticking to the creality replacement.

Hope you get it fixed

~Max
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

I have had this happen after swapping nozzles. First step is to thoroughly clean the assembly. Heat it up and remove as much PLA as you can. Let it cool, then disassemble the system (carefully, the thermistor is very delicate). Do what it takes to completely clean off the residue, especially inside the throat and heating block. When you reassemble, the nozzle should be snug against the throat (not the heat block). There should be a visible but minimal gap between the nozzle and the heatblock (~0.25mm or roughly half a turn).

Of course, the easier thing would be to buy a replacement assembly.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I broke my thermosistor (so?) cleaning up the mess I made on my Aero a while back. Being Black Friday you can get a MicroSwiss assembly cheap!

Return to “Creality Large Scale 3D Printers”