Folgertech FT-5

Discussion of the Folger Tech Large Scale 3D Printer Kits, such as the FT-5, FT-i3 Mega, FT-6 and others
Xeno
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker original enlarged

Re: Folgertech FT-5

Post by Xeno »

I think I wrecked one of the stepper motors,
I was printing ABS and the enclosed chamber was at 70C, woke up to loud noises from the printer :)

[edit]
it seems to be a wiring problem, not a temperature problem, the X-axis wire might have a break in it, I just checked it by switching out a stepper from the Z-axis,
and the problem was the same :)

https://youtu.be/WG2EoW06Uyc
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

That's a hell of a shimy!
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

Thanks for the tip LePaul.
I have seen these nozzles and they look good, do you need to modify anything because the E3Dv6 nozzle has a different connection to the existing nozzle.

regards
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Lez0 wrote: October 15th, 2017, 10:47 am Thanks for the tip LePaul.
I have seen these nozzles and they look good, do you need to modify anything because the E3Dv6 nozzle has a different connection to the existing nozzle.

regards
I bought the UltraLightWeight extruder mount from 713Maker.com and I also bought his gantry kit. Highly recommended!

If he has them in stock I would suggest his bed kit too, since the melamine (pressure board) stuff is really lacking

I'm using a Titan Aero with a pancake motor that some have had good luck with, others have had bad luck. Some use the Aero with a stepper and it should fit the extruder mount 713 sells (or you can buy the non-ultra light weight one at that works fine)

Return to “Folger Tech Large Scale 3D Printers”