Printing miniature City - Is this feasible

Topics of Large-Scale 3D Printers
Utskottet
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa MK2

Printing miniature City - Is this feasible

Post by Utskottet »

Hi,

Im reserching the possibility for an light installation. I want to print a city in miniature, buildings ranging from 500 mm - 1,5 meters.
Around 30 buildings. My Idea is to get one or two Creality3D CR-10 S5 and print the larger buldings in sections.

I need to print with PETG or other filament that is suited for outdoor. I can print with large nozzle as surfacefinnish is not an issue.

Is the CR-10 up for this amount of work or will I spend all my time tinkering with the printer ?

What is the largest nozzle size that I can use?

Is it possible to print a 500/500/500 box ? Double 0,7 mm walls, 10 mm apart with webbing between. About 5 KG of filament.

Im happy for any awnsers or directions at this point.

Best regards
Edvin
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Printing miniature City - Is this feasible

Post by GrueMaster »

I'm sure it can handle it, just haven't heard of someone doing what you describe. Nozzle wise, I think it can handle the larger nozzles as they are all the same thread. I have a variety pack with the largest being 1mm (stock is .4mm), but haven't tried any of them yet. The CR10 series printers aren't all that bad for tinker-free printing. You will tinker in the beginning just getting used to how things work and maybe making some tweaks to suit your needs.

Return to “Large Scale 3D Printers”