Ultimaker 3 released!

The dual extruding Ultimaker 3!
Anders Olsson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2 UM2E, UM2Go, UM3, Delta Tower, Form 1+, Form 2

Re: Ultimaker 3 released!

Post by Anders Olsson »

There were no such issues during the beta testing as far as I know at least.
It sounds odd that a shutdown would make the wifi go into som error state that blocks the whole machine from booting, but everything is possible I guess.
As an electronics engineer it sounds equally likely thought that some hardware error on the wifi card just happened to occur when the printer was shut down and that this fault is completely unrelated to what the printer was doing before it was shut down.
MTVDNA
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by MTVDNA »

Thanks for the answers, very cool to get a little peek behind the scenes every now and then :)
nallath
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker

Post by nallath »

Anders Olsson wrote:It can be so frustrating to know all these things, like the filament sensor and why it is not there, but not knowing if one is allowed to talk about it or not.
There is no clear (read official) statement about what we can talk about and what not. But as far as I'm concerned; anything that's inside the machine (or are traces of in uncompiled code) are free to talk about.
Titus
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original+HBK

Post by Titus »

Anders Olsson wrote:It can be so frustrating to know all these things, like the filament sensor and why it is not there, but not knowing if one is allowed to talk about it or not.
I am not taking any chances posting information that might be unofficial, that is for sure, so I just have to sit there keeping silent and hope that someone from Ultimaker steps in and explains things.

So thank you for that post nallath, one thing less on my list of things that I am not allowed to talk about :-)
Though you and others know way more than I do(people had an UM3 for testing :P, I believe I just heard the word core once, a long while ago), I was aware of some tiny things like this filament sensor thing :P Screaming at myself because I couldn't post about it when I read people complaining/discussing it. But hey, I rather know things I cannot tell than being able to talk nonsense because I don't know anything ;)
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

You guys are certainly in a league all your own :)

I had a few chats with Ultimaker I've been asked to keep between us. Well, okay, I'll give in...they like me better than ALL of you :) Just kidding!
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

At least somebody likes you Paul :shock:
It must be because your into black latex and white PVC, or your black rubber suit :-o
:lol: :lol:
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I...don't even know how to respond to that!
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

I've a snazzy pair of white jackets, one is a little old fashioned with very long sleeves and buckles at the back, the other is a modern one with Velcro, :-D
:lol: :-o

Return to “Ultimaker 3 / Ultimaker 3 Extended”