OctoPrint

Wireless/network connectivity to print, control and monitor prints!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: OctoPrint

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I Don't Know!! If you do not think, an you start with what you have a $5 Pi Zero with a WIPiHub. Before you know it you buy another Pi Zero W.
And then add a Zero4U 1.3 Standard size USB Hub. You have the price of a Pi3's without even thinking.

I do have other projects to use the Pi Zeros on though (Atari game Machine emulators)
This is where I stole the Pi Zero from in the First Place.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Enabled Linksys C270 to Octoprint.

Question???

Because the video is streaming to the web browser can I record the entire stream onto my PC. on demand.

If so I could not find a way. Help???
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

The video is streaming via 1 frame (jpg) at a time. Yes, it is possible to record this on your PC, but it is not easy (and even more difficult on WIndows because there are no AOL skill level tools - Windows is a NOOB OS by design - even if the users are power users and knowledgeable).

To prove my point, just google 'Windows record streaming video'.

On a side note, I just purchased a 3rd RPI3 so that I can rework the OS to its full potential without sacrificing an existing setup (like I need another project :shock: ). The current Octopi image will run on all RPI flavors, but the RPI3 is 64bit. If I can tap that, post-print video transcoding will be much improved. Will report progress over the next few weeks.
GrueMaster
Reactions:

Post by GrueMaster »

For reformatting the Octopi SD cards (or any USB devices that have been graced with Linux), it is recommended to use the HP USB Format Utility.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Still having small problems with OctoPrint - Linksys C270 video link, on initial startup need to reboot as the video feed is messed up. After rebooting it seems to work fine.

I decided to try the OctoPrint link in the new Cura 3.1.0, Sent a feed to Red then sent a feed to blu. I can monitor both from Cura 3.1 and still adjust the settings with Octoprint while printing both Models at the same time.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Find printing using with OctoPrint easy to under stand and use.
I need to update my setting from Cura 15.04.6 into Cura 3.1.0 for the Cura 3.1.0 to OctoPrint G-Code transfer.
Without the correct settings my prints are failing.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Really? What’s failing? Mine just go straight over. You’re using the Marlin setting in Macine Settings, right?
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

For some reason the nozzle height it going awry, could be because have a negative nozzle height.
The nozzle height changes enough that the Print will not stick to the bed using Cura 3.1.0 thru OctoPrint.
I can Print using a G-Code with Cura 15.04.6 thru OctoPrint.

Could be I have a new bed surface and not accustom the way the speed controls work. Went Back to the old Vinyl Transfer Paper Tape it is a lot more forgiving about these small things (models stick well at start speeds to 70 and with a larger height window) hictech Bed surface only to less than half as well.
GrueMaster
Reactions:

Post by GrueMaster »

I would check your settings between Cura versions. When printing from Cura, all it is doing is sending the gcode to Octoprint. Octoprint is just acting as an intelligent buffer (for monitoring progress and temperature) at that point.

I really wish Marlin would push a signal via serial to Octoprint for filament out sensor. Seems silly to have to wire the filament sensor to my Pi for this. Need to examine the Marlin code. Add to my todo wishlist.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Roberts_Clif wrote: January 19th, 2018, 7:19 pm I need to update my setting from Cura 15.04.6 into Cura 3.1.0 for the Cura 3.1.0 to OctoPrint G-Code transfer.
GrueMaster wrote: January 20th, 2018, 2:34 pm I would check your settings between Cura versions.
Found what I it was looking for was missing a line. Was not Enabling the Bilinear bed leveling data.

M420 S1 ; Bed Leveling On
GrueMaster
Reactions:

Post by GrueMaster »

GrueMaster wrote: January 20th, 2018, 2:34 pm I really wish Marlin would push a signal via serial to Octoprint for filament out sensor. Seems silly to have to wire the filament sensor to my Pi for this. Need to examine the Marlin code. Add to my todo wishlist.
Now more than ever. Currently, I am printing a bunch of power supply brackets for work, and I wanted to finish the last of the current spool (which requires manual intervention when it runs out). Ended up getting called away around 2pm. I was able to check my print remotely, and decided to pause it then (~5pm). Camera mount doesn't let me see where the filament is on this printer. Just got home (10:30pm), and it appears that it ran for ~5-10 minutes (not even a full layer) between running out and pausing. Just reloaded new filament and resumed, can't tell if there was an issue.

Still, want to get Octoprint to pause automatically.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

GrueMaster wrote: January 6th, 2018, 11:44 am I have the Emergency Stop button working just fine. It may take a little to tweak the config to your liking.

Note how it is at the bottom of the sidebar, below the files and not very convenient.
I remembered you saying this. Here may be the an answer for you.
OcotPrint Auto Collapse Files (0.1.0) Plugin. ( it works but not to well on Pi Zero )
Lez0
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): JGAurora A5S, Anycubic Photon, Saturn 2

Post by Lez0 »

I have set up Octopi on my Folger FT5.
I designed and printed the case myself, assembled the unit with a Pi3, downloaded the software, changed the file for Wifi, only 2 lines to edit.
Plugged it in and it worked.
Thank you people at https://octoprint.org/
It is really great when software just works as it is supposed to, you have done a fantastic job, thank you very much.

Lez0
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I still need to replace my bed on my FT-5...it's just impossible to level with the warp in it. I really need better bed springs too.

My Octoprint Wifi only works if the ethernet is plugged in. I've had many helpful suggestions offered but it looks like I will need to wire up a hub near the printers and just go wired.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

LePaul wrote: April 27th, 2018, 9:46 am I still need to replace my bed on my FT-5...it's just impossible to level with the warp in it. I really need better bed springs too.

My Octoprint Wifi only works if the ethernet is plugged in. I've had many helpful suggestions offered but it looks like I will need to wire up a hub near the printers and just go wired.

I started with the Pi Zero and wireless, then upgraded to Pi 2 B's and wired
(My Ocotprint's work well though the Streaming video is jerky at times may need to lower the video stream rate for smooth video).

Return to “Wireless Printing and Controllers”