Part Time Manual Bed Leveling

Have a problem or question, suggested links/information/FAQ's? Post it here
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Part Time Manual Bed Leveling

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Did not know exactly how to title this so came up with "Part Time Manual Bed Leveling"

I have Bi-linear bed leveling setup in my Marlin firmware 1.1.7.

But though to myself can I Once in a blue moon decide to do a Manual Bed leveling onto a Borosilicate Glass Plate.
Now the reason behind this is the Borosilicate Glass Plate is 3mm thick and my Proximity Sensor has a 3mm range.

I would like to know if it is possible to still have the B-Linear Bed leveling and in the instances when needed.
I use the Borosilicate Glass Plate with the Manual Bed Leveling without causing any adverse side effects.
Last edited by Roberts_Clif on December 1st, 2018, 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Part Time Manual Bed Leveling

Post by GrueMaster »

I'm sure it could be done in the firmware, but not easily. You would need to create a menu option along with gcode definition to enable/disable autoleveling. Shouldn't be too difficult for a developer. Unfortunately, I have no spare time to look into it (would be nice for my Hictop 3DP-17 - aka littleHicci).
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I believe I have found a way around my bed leveling delima.

If I place Aluminum foil Duct tape on one side of the Borosilicate Glass Plate, preform the Auto leveling.
Then turn the glass plate over to the other side. Print without any bed Homing this could be an Option.

Would that mean removing This from Cura Start G-Code

G28 Z0 ;move Z to min end-stops

And a test Print Proves it works without homing again.
Taped Vinyl Flooring to the Bed, Taped Bed surface material to the Flooring.
Taped Aluminum Duct Tape to the Flooring. Removed the Aluminum Duct Tape. Now to Print.

IMG_2121.JPG
Image6.jpg
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

This should be a proof of concept, that I can place the Aluminum Duct Tape on the back of the Borosilicate Glass Plate. Do my auto bed leveling.

Flip the glass and because both sides of the glass are equally flat should not loose my bed leveling to begin a print.

Any Thoughts on this.

Return to “General Questions”