Marlin 1.1.6

Software and Firmware Discussion - related to source code, firmware updates, etc.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Marlin 1.1.6

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Today was helping configure Marlin 1.1.6, decided no time like the present.
Merged my Hictop 3DP11/12 Configuration.h, Configuration_adv.h and Pins_Ramps.h into Marlin 1.1.6 and successfully compiled.

Will upload tomorrow and give it a test.
shocksofmighty
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): FFCP, HICTOP i3

Re: Marlin 1.1.6

Post by shocksofmighty »

I just pasted my 1.1.3 Configuration.h and Pins_Ramps.h into 1.1.6 with no printing issues. There is a different behavior on my dual extrusion hictop with BLTouch. The BLTouch starts flashing after several layers. No issues with printing, just starts flashing like it needs to be reset. No idea what that's about yet.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Thank you for the Information. I have not upgraded to BLTouch as of this date. Will not be able to help in determining what could cause this.
You could check and see that the plugs are tightly seated in the connectors.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

OK That was Fun!,
Flashed my Controller with Marlin 1.1.6 and It appeared to work except the Filament run-out sensor was in-op.
Rebooted the Controller and display was all on 2 lines of all pixels would not boot, could not connect with Arduino 1.8.5 to re-flash,
decide to try the Arduino 1.8.1 flashed Marlin Hici3 this worked. Then flashed again with Marlin 1.1.5.

Whaaoo that was nerve wracking.

Will need to go thru every line of configuration see if I messed Up, thou don't believe I did

It Appears I messed up some lines of code, better to start from scratch, no telling what was deleted.
Now this is why I save files with a different name for Every Configuration Change. To preserve my hard labor.

That did not take Long, will wait to re-Flash Marlin 1.1.6
Chaco
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HyperCube & Hictop Prusa i3 3DP-08

Post by Chaco »

i copied all my settings from 1.1.5 to the 1.1.6 and its working great. very minor changes on how the files look, but definetely some changes indeed
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I know, Have done this many times now for all marlin 1.1.X versions. something got in my way, fingers, cut, paste, computer glitch, who knows something got messed up ??Just compiled no errors, saved to Marlin_Blu the next time can not compile errors every where?????

Return to “Software and Firmware Discussion”