Firmware Marlin-1.1.0-RC6 - My Latest Version

Software and Firmware Discussion - related to source code, firmware updates, etc.
mpoling
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Prusa i3 3DP17

Re: Firmware Marlin-1.1.0-RC6 - now running

Post by mpoling »

Hi Chip, I have your firmware running fairly well now, but one problem I can't seem to change. When I run the stock firmware, the Z Axis is fine. But when I load your firmware, the Z-axis is too high by several mm, probably 3 or 4. Changing the inductive Z-sensor doesn't seem to matter-the Z-home seems to be fine, but when the print starts, it is 4-5 mm above the bed.
Any settings in the firmware I can change that may affect that?
Chip Luck
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Reprap Prusa I3

Post by Chip Luck »

mpoling wrote:Hi Chip, I have your firmware running fairly well now, but one problem I can't seem to change. When I run the stock firmware, the Z Axis is fine. But when I load your firmware, the Z-axis is too high by several mm, probably 3 or 4. Changing the inductive Z-sensor doesn't seem to matter-the Z-home seems to be fine, but when the print starts, it is 4-5 mm above the bed.
You have to change your Z AXIS STEPS in the Configuration.h file. It looks like you have non 'stock OEM' z-axis threaded rods and your pitch per mm is different. Do not know exactly what you have so I cannot tell you the change you need to make. Again, you need to research your z-axis travel and set the Z STEPS (third value shown in the #define statement) to match your particular setup. Sample part of the code is here:

Code: Select all

// Default AXIS STEPS, MAX_FEEDRATE, ACCELERATION settings

// Default AXIS STEP Settings (motor steps) X, Y, Z, E
// 1a) default axis steps per unit for Ultimaker steps/mm ={8.7402,78.7402,200.0*8/3,760*1.1}
// 1b) default axis steps per unit for HIC i3 steps/mm ={80,80,2560,94.4962144}, OEM z-axis threaded rods =8mm wide x 1.25mm pitch
//#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80,80,2560,94.4962144} // original default for HIC i3, (steps/mm)
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80, 80, 2559, 94.6} // CL: default steps for _my_ HIC i3, you may need to change the Z and/or E for your machine
Cheers
gurusonwheels
Reactions:

Post by gurusonwheels »

I tried it but autobed level command G29 does not work .

how do I enable?

also if I want auto home to center to bed what do I change ?
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Post by Chip Luck »

Again as others have asked, I do not use nor have enabled autobed leveling. It's commented out in the Configuration.h file and you have to enable it there after checking 'probing points' and uploading the firmware to your printer.
philou4146
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa i3

Post by philou4146 »

Hello, thank you for this efficient firmware that powers my hictop Prusa 3dp16 printer perfectly, I just change the steps z to 400 and the pid on Ultimaker. z step is it normal? the height of the piece is correct ...
Thank you

Philippe
dragsterbox
Reactions:

Post by dragsterbox »

Dear all,

Thanks chip luck this awesome job.

Is it going to work on my Hictop prusa I3 (3DP17) with filament monitor and auto leveling ?

Thanks.
dragsterbox
Reactions:

Post by dragsterbox »

dragsterbox wrote:Dear all,

Thanks chip luck for this awesome job.

Is it going to work on my Hictop prusa I3 (3DP17) with filament monitor and auto leveling ?

Thanks.
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Post by Chip Luck »

You all have to research and configure mainly the Configuration.h file for your particular printer. A lot of you ask questions that I cannot answer due to the fact my printer configuration is different than yours. Again, the software 'core' is the same throughout on the functional level but you have to enable, configure, et. all to your particular printer/hardware setup.
blc
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP 3DP-11

Post by blc »

Thanks for the awesome work with this. I haven't gone through all lines of both configuration.h and configuration_adv.h yet - I'm in the process of doing so before adding an inductive sensor - but I notice that you left EEPROM disabled (line 775 of config.h).

Just checking whether that was a mistake or if it was deliberate? Previous versions of the firmware you've uploaded (at least the ones I've used) have had EEPROM enabled.

I'm enabling it for my config because it makes calibration that much easier.
Last edited by blc on December 8th, 2016, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaco
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HyperCube & Hictop Prusa i3 3DP-08

Post by Chaco »

I just got my config settings moved over to RC8... currently printing off it... lets see how it goes.
rcabor
Reactions:

Post by rcabor »

So how is the firmware running? Could you post your configuration.h?

Thanks!
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Post by Chip Luck »

blc wrote:Thanks for the awesome work with this. I haven't gone through all lines of both configuration.h and configuration_adv.h yet - I'm in the process of doing so before adding an inductive sensor - but I notice that you left EEPROM disabled (line 775 of config.h).

Just checking whether that was a mistake or if it was deliberate? Previous versions of the firmware you've uploaded (at least the ones I've used) have had EEPROM enabled.

I'm enabling it for my config because it makes calibration that much easier.
Mine is enabled, one of the reasons for updating. I'm not sure which version you have downloaded as some others have posted other links to their won version on this board. The first page and beginning of this thread has the latest link to what I'm running and I have not changed it since.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=298

---
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Post by Chip Luck »

rcabor wrote:So how is the firmware running? Could you post your configuration.h?

Thanks!
Chaco wrote:I just got my config settings moved over to RC8... currently printing off it... lets see how it goes.
Hey gang, post your own software/firmware updates and news in a different thread please If it's not 1.1.0-RC6... Thanks!

And.. Happy Holidays to all!

---
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Firmware Marlin-1.1.0-RC6 - My Latest Version

Post by LePaul »

We've made this a sticky since this is a good starting place for most firmware problems
boomhaeur
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HIC TOP Desktop

Post by boomhaeur »

Chip Luck wrote:
mpoling wrote:Hi Chip, I have your firmware running fairly well now, but one problem I can't seem to change. When I run the stock firmware, the Z Axis is fine. But when I load your firmware, the Z-axis is too high by several mm, probably 3 or 4. Changing the inductive Z-sensor doesn't seem to matter-the Z-home seems to be fine, but when the print starts, it is 4-5 mm above the bed.
You have to change your Z AXIS STEPS in the Configuration.h file. It looks like you have non 'stock OEM' z-axis threaded rods and your pitch per mm is different. Do not know exactly what you have so I cannot tell you the change you need to make. Again, you need to research your z-axis travel and set the Z STEPS (third value shown in the #define statement) to match your particular setup. Sample part of the code is here:
Hey Chip,

Having the same issue... from my measurements I have the 8mm x 1.25mm threaded rod (what came with the kit) which would require 2560. I've adjusted it to the correct number (and even taken it up as high as 4000), and it seems to make no difference, I still have about a 3-4mm gap between the bed and the nozzle.

Am I missing something? Is there another variable I should be adjusting or possible issue afoot?

I have the auto-level version if that makes any difference & the nozzle level was functioning correctly on the stock firmware when I first set it up. It auto homes fine and has the right height of the bed when auto-homed.

Appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Return to “Software and Firmware Discussion”