HIC i3 - current firmware development information

Software and Firmware Discussion - related to source code, firmware updates, etc.
mpoling
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Prusa i3 3DP17

Re: HIC i3 - current firmware development information

Post by mpoling »

Is there any way of downloading the HEX file for the latest stable Marlin version for an HIC Prusa i3 3DP-17? I don't know how to compile all of the source code, and was just going to use Cura to upload the .hex file.
Chip Luck
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Reprap Prusa I3

Post by Chip Luck »

mpoling wrote:Is there any way of downloading the HEX file for the latest stable Marlin version for an HIC Prusa i3 3DP-17? I don't know how to compile all of the source code, and was just going to use Cura to upload the .hex file.
Unless you can get an 'official' HEX version from your manufacturer, from my experience no as you cannot just install any HEX file, it has to be configured to your exact printer/hardware.
mpoling
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Prusa i3 3DP17

Post by mpoling »

It's ok, I followed your directions to install Marlin-but it didn't work that well for me, so I reinstalled the Marlin version here someone posted that HICTech sent them for my 3DP17. Is your Marlin version for the 3dP17 or will it work on it?
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Post by Chip Luck »

mpoling wrote:It's ok, I followed your directions to install Marlin-but it didn't work that well for me, so I reinstalled the Marlin version here someone posted that HICTech sent them for my 3DP17. Is your Marlin version for the 3dP17 or will it work on it?
I do not know, I have the 3DP12 with a standard MK8 extruder, standard z-axis threaded rods. You have to do your research, it is all in the Configuration.h file to set the firmware to work with your particular printer. It took me literally MONTHS to get mine down to a fine tuned machine.

You need to further explain "it did not work well for me...". Do you know exactly what does what in the Configurate.h file yet? Do not go in blind, you can cause some damage to the hardware of your HIC i3. Well, what did or not happen?

o you could not flash the firmware?
o had bad prints or...?

I highly suggest the RepRap forums for detailed information for you being new as I once was as I have very limited time do dedicate to solve problems right now:
http://forums.reprap.org/list.php?406

Cheers, and good luck
Robbyvegas
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Prusa I3 Mendel 3DP-03

Post by Robbyvegas »

Chip Luck wrote:
NotMe999 wrote: Just purchased the HICTOP Prusa i3 with Auto-leveling and I'm new to 3D Printers. I'm planning to add a dual extruder, but would like to keep the auto-leveling.
Also, to start when assembling the HIC i3 make sure you:
1) use at least 12AWG wire between your power supply and the control board (you should purchase a larger PSU, 30 amp version or will get serious voltage sag)
2) let me know if you can read your SD card with supplied firmware, good luck. Fixed in new code.
3) lower your feed-rates, defaults are too fast for this printer. Fixed in new code.
4) add a 60x60mm cooling fan to your X-axis motor, you will need that.
5) make sure *everything* mechanical and frame is square and fasteners tight to start (a square, 12" caliper, large ruler in mm's...), belts aligned and tight, etc.
6) China .pdf assembly manual is horrible, any questions let me know. If you are a logical type, you will figure it out.

Will be creating an HIC i3 assembly thread, it's a great kit if you are a engineering type or built erector sets with no instructions when you were a kid. <G>
Chip,

I'm another n00b with a HICTOP printer. I've been having fun with it and learning a ton. I've been trying to calibrate since my prints have been OK, but stringy. I want to be able to update my configuration.h file, but it's not available from HIC (as far as I can tell). I found your most recent version here and copied it. You also mentioned the new version of Merlin and some additional files that need to be copied or added.

Any chance you are still feeling generous and willing to share/help me to get the firmware and such updated?

Thanks,
Rob
m00se
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop Prusa

Post by m00se »

Rob, I emailed hictop support and got the firmware. I can upload it later and attach a link if you want. What they sent me won't compile, so other than the configuration.h file, it won't be any help. You would be better off with chip's.
Robbyvegas
Reactions:

Post by Robbyvegas »

Thanks! I'd love to take a look at your configuration.h file if you don't mind. I'm using the acrylic Hictop I3. I'm not really sure if that matters.

Cheers,

Rob
m00se
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop Prusa

Post by m00se »

Hi Rob,
I've added the file to dropbox, you can download it from - Hictop Default Marlin

I have the black acrylic one too. I'm not sure if it matters, but when I requested the data, they asked for a link of where I purchased the product. I'm guessing it was to see which if I had the acrylic or metal body.
Robbyvegas
Reactions:

Post by Robbyvegas »

Thanks m00se! I appreciate it.

Chip Luck - Can you point me to the latest version of the firmware you are using? If it makes any difference, I'm using the 3DP-03. I see links from you to various versions all throughout this forum, but I'm not quite sure that I've got the latest and greatest. :) Thank you for all the work you've done for all of us hictop owners. You've really made our lives a TON simpler.

Thanks,
Rob
Chaco
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HyperCube & Hictop Prusa i3 3DP-08

Post by Chaco »

Hello gentlemen

I do plenty of my own research, but can someone help me overcome a road block? Could someone point me on the right direction please?
So a few weeks back i got the RC6 from here, edited the whole config.h to meet my printer and flashed it. I gotta admit, it all worked great.

But last week i opened Arduino again to make a change for the PID and a pop up came up and i clicked too fast. Once i made changes it wont let me compile, saying that i have to update the config.adv file and update something else... my problem is i dont see any options on arduino to actually update certain segments of the code.... Now i am kinda stuck.....

1- i did get the PID settings to commit to my current firmware when i did PID tuning...
2- now i am stuck that i dont have a copy of the firmware thats currently on my printer, because i cant recompile my remix version of chip's firmware and i cant extract it from Motherboard...

First time i tried to compile it by changing all settings myself to a fresh RC7 copy i downloaded, it wouldnt work right... so maybe i just need to give a shot to the RC7 again from scratch by making all my changes?
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Post by Chip Luck »

Robbyvegas wrote:Thanks m00se! I appreciate it.

Chip Luck - Can you point me to the latest version of the firmware you are using? If it makes any difference, I'm using the 3DP-03. I see links from you to various versions all throughout this forum, but I'm not quite sure that I've got the latest and greatest. :) Thank you for all the work you've done for all of us hictop owners. You've really made our lives a TON simpler.

Thanks,
Rob
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=298
buxtor
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP prusa i3

Post by buxtor »

Chip,
I am running into a brick wall with HIC corporation with my firmware. They seem to insist on changing the damned thing on their end and email it to me.
The issue is, I can't get Arduino to upload firmware to the stock HIC board that came with the kit. Each time attempted, the LCD shows two white rows"of death".
I can, however, upload the firmware posted on the wiki through Cura ONLY.
Question:
How in the hell do i get the custom firmware I need for my upgraded extruder with NEMA stepper motors and to correct the reversed X and Y axees? :?:
rokhdrone1uk
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop i3 3DP12

Post by rokhdrone1uk »

Chip Luck wrote:
NotMe999 wrote:Chip, Ive just updated my Firmware and now im getting a Heater_ID:Bed Error in Adruino and also my LCD isnt working??

When i try to flash to my printer it is saying old Config.h file.....

Im using a stock Hic i3 3dP12 - the only thing ive done is upgrade my extruder with the Infill3D / e3D V6.

Do i need tio adujst anything, can print at the moment which is killing me :(

Thanks

Stu

Just purchased the HICTOP Prusa i3 with Auto-leveling and I'm new to 3D Printers. I'm planning to add a dual extruder, but would like to keep the auto-leveling. I've been reading up on the firmware for this printer. It looks like you have done a lot of digging into this. Thank you for your hard work.

I'd like to know if the Marlin Code supports Auto-leveling?
Yes, however Marlin 1.1.0-RC3 has auto-leveling (probing type) and is disabled by default; if you read the guide on reprap.org they do not suggest it and I have not tired to enable it. My HIC i3 came with a inductive z-probe and helped a lot for auto-z homing position, I believe this is what 'China' refers to as 'auto leveling' on this model. The code will of course support dual extruders as it is the latest version. I'm getting the full graphics controller and true lead-screw z rods for my HIC i3 and will be updating the software configuration to add those.

Thanks for the comment, if you would like my current code (actually just a few edited configuration files from the git hub supplied Marlin 1.1.0-RC3) let me know your email and I will send it to you. It has no major issues that I can see so far after running it for about a week. Do NOT use China OEM supplied source code, it's been hacked.

Here is my current HIC i3 v1.1.02 / Marlin 1.1.0-RC3 based configuration.h file:

Code: Select all

#ifndef CONFIGURATION_H
#define CONFIGURATION_H

#include "boards.h"
#include "macros.h"

//===========================================================================
//============================= Getting Started =============================
/*
Here are some standard links for getting your machine calibrated:
 * http://reprap.org/wiki/Calibration
 * http://youtu.be/wAL9d7FgInk
 * http://calculator.josefprusa.cz
 * http://reprap.org/wiki/Triffid_Hunter%27s_Calibration_Guide
 * http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5573
 * https://sites.google.com/site/repraplogphase/calibration-of-your-reprap
 * http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:298812
*/

// This configuration file contains the basic settings.
// Advanced settings can be found in Configuration_adv.h
// BASIC SETTINGS: select your board type, temperature sensor typep, axis scaling, and endstop configuration

//============================= DELTA Printer ==============ex=================
// For a Delta printer replace the configuration files with the files in the
// example_configurations/delta directory.
//

//============================= SCARA Printer ===============================
// For a Scara printer replace the configuration files with the files in the
// example_configurations/SCARA directory.
//

// @section info

#if ENABLED(USE_AUTOMATIC_VERSIONING)
  #include "_Version.h"
#else
  #include "Default_Version.h"
#endif

// User-specified version info of this build to display in [Pronterface, etc] terminal window during
// startup. Implementation of an idea by Prof Braino to inform user that any changes made to this
// build by the user have been successfully uploaded into firmware.
#define STRING_CONFIG_H_AUTHOR "(Chip Luck, HICTOP i3 Mendel v1.1.02-RC3)" // CL: Who made the changes.
#define SHOW_BOOTSCREEN
#define STRING_SPLASH_LINE1 SHORT_BUILD_VERSION // will be shown during bootup in line 1
#define STRING_SPLASH_LINE2 STRING_DISTRIBUTION_DATE // CL: will be shown during bootup in line 2

// @section machine

// SERIAL_PORT selects which serial port should be used for communication with the host.
// This allows the connection of wireless adapters (for instance) to non-default port pins.
// Serial port 0 is still used by the Arduino bootloader regardless of this setting.
// :[0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7]
#define SERIAL_PORT 0

// This determines the communication speed of the printer
// :[2400,9600,19200,38400,57600,115200,250000]
#define BAUDRATE 115200 // CL: was =250000

// Enable the Bluetooth serial interface on AT90USB devices
//#define BLUETOOTH

// The following define selects which electronics board you have.
// Please choose the name from boards.h that matches your setup
#ifndef MOTHERBOARD
  #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_13_EFB
#endif

// Optional custom name for your RepStrap or other custom machine
// Displayed in the LCD "Ready" message
#define CUSTOM_MACHINE_NAME "HICi3 v1.1.02"  // CL: HIC i3

// Define this to set a unique identifier for this printer, (Used by some programs to differentiate between machines)
// You can use an online service to generate a random UUID. (eg http://www.uuidgenerator.net/version4)
//#define MACHINE_UUID "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"

// This defines the number of extruders
// :[1,2,3,4]
#define EXTRUDERS 1

// Offset of the extruders (uncomment if using more than one and relying on firmware to position when changing).
// The offset has to be X=0, Y=0 for the extruder 0 hotend (default extruder).
// For the other hotends it is their distance from the extruder 0 hotend.
//#define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, 20.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
//#define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 5.00}  // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

//// The following define selects which power supply you have. Please choose the one that matches your setup
// 1 = ATX
// 2 = X-Box 360 203Watts (the blue wire connected to PS_ON and the red wire to VCC)
// :{1:'ATX',2:'X-Box 360'}

#define POWER_SUPPLY 1

// Define this to have the electronics keep the power supply off on startup. If you don't know what this is leave it.
//#define PS_DEFAULT_OFF

// @section temperature

//============================= Thermal Settings ============================
//
//--NORMAL IS 4.7kohm PULLUP!-- 1kohm pullup can be used on hotend sensor, using correct resistor and table
//
//// Temperature sensor settings:
// -2 is thermocouple with MAX6675 (only for sensor 0)
// -1 is thermocouple with AD595
// 0 is not used
// 1 is 100k thermistor - best choice for EPCOS 100k (4.7k pullup)
// 2 is 200k thermistor - ATC Semitec 204GT-2 (4.7k pullup)
// 3 is Mendel-parts thermistor (4.7k pullup)
// 4 is 10k thermistor !! do not use it for a hotend. It gives bad resolution at high temp. !!
// 5 is 100K thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan & J-Head) (4.7k pullup)
// 6 is 100k EPCOS - Not as accurate as table 1 (created using a fluke thermocouple) (4.7k pullup)
// 7 is 100k Honeywell thermistor 135-104LAG-J01 (4.7k pullup)
// 71 is 100k Honeywell thermistor 135-104LAF-J01 (4.7k pullup)
// 8 is 100k 0603 SMD Vishay NTCS0603E3104FXT (4.7k pullup)
// 9 is 100k GE Sensing AL03006-58.2K-97-G1 (4.7k pullup)
// 10 is 100k RS thermistor 198-961 (4.7k pullup)
// 11 is 100k beta 3950 1% thermistor (4.7k pullup)
// 12 is 100k 0603 SMD Vishay NTCS0603E3104FXT (4.7k pullup) (calibrated for Makibox hot bed)
// 13 is 100k Hisens 3950  1% up to 300°C for hotend "Simple ONE " & "Hotend "All In ONE"
// 20 is the PT100 circuit found in the Ultimainboard V2.x
// 60 is 100k Maker's Tool Works Kapton Bed Thermistor beta=3950
//
//    1k ohm pullup tables - This is not normal, you would have to have changed out your 4.7k for 1k
//                          (but gives greater accuracy and more stable PID)
// 51 is 100k thermistor - EPCOS (1k pullup)
// 52 is 200k thermistor - ATC Semitec 204GT-2 (1k pullup)
// 55 is 100k thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan & J-Head) (1k pullup)
//
// 1047 is Pt1000 with 4k7 pullup
// 1010 is Pt1000 with 1k pullup (non standard)
// 147 is Pt100 with 4k7 pullup
// 110 is Pt100 with 1k pullup (non standard)
// 998 and 999 are Dummy Tables. They will ALWAYS read 25°C or the temperature defined below.
//     Use it for Testing or Development purposes. NEVER for production machine.
//#define DUMMY_THERMISTOR_998_VALUE 25
//#define DUMMY_THERMISTOR_999_VALUE 100
// :{ '0': "Not used", '4': "10k !! do not use for a hotend. Bad resolution at high temp. !!", '1': "100k / 4.7k - EPCOS", '51': "100k / 1k - EPCOS", '6': "100k / 4.7k EPCOS - Not as accurate as Table 1", '5': "100K / 4.7k - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan & J-Head)", '7': "100k / 4.7k Honeywell 135-104LAG-J01", '71': "100k / 4.7k Honeywell 135-104LAF-J01", '8': "100k / 4.7k 0603 SMD Vishay NTCS0603E3104FXT", '9': "100k / 4.7k GE Sensing AL03006-58.2K-97-G1", '10': "100k / 4.7k RS 198-961", '11': "100k / 4.7k beta 3950 1%", '12': "100k / 4.7k 0603 SMD Vishay NTCS0603E3104FXT (calibrated for Makibox hot bed)", '13': "100k Hisens 3950  1% up to 300°C for hotend 'Simple ONE ' & hotend 'All In ONE'", '60': "100k Maker's Tool Works Kapton Bed Thermistor beta=3950", '55': "100k / 1k - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan & J-Head)", '2': "200k / 4.7k - ATC Semitec 204GT-2", '52': "200k / 1k - ATC Semitec 204GT-2", '-2': "Thermocouple + MAX6675 (only for sensor 0)", '-1': "Thermocouple + AD595", '3': "Mendel-parts / 4.7k", '1047': "Pt1000 / 4.7k", '1010': "Pt1000 / 1k (non standard)", '20': "PT100 (Ultimainboard V2.x)", '147': "Pt100 / 4.7k", '110': "Pt100 / 1k (non-standard)", '998': "Dummy 1", '999': "Dummy 2" }
// CL: HIC i3, 'China' OEM code shows = type '3', other source for HIC i3 shows = type '1', =not sure?
#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1  // CL: Config file samples type =1, 'China' OEM code type ='3', was =1
#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_3 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1  // CL: Config file samples type =1, 'China' OEM code type ='3', was =1

// This makes temp sensor 1 a redundant sensor for sensor 0. If the temperatures difference between these sensors is to high the print will be aborted.
//#define TEMP_SENSOR_1_AS_REDUNDANT
#define MAX_REDUNDANT_TEMP_SENSOR_DIFF 10

// Actual temperature must be close to target for this long before M109 returns success
#define TEMP_RESIDENCY_TIME 10  // (seconds)
#define TEMP_HYSTERESIS 3       // (degC) range of +/- temperatures considered "close" to the target one
#define TEMP_WINDOW     1       // (degC) Window around target to start the residency timer x degC early.

// The minimal temperature defines the temperature below which the heater will not be enabled It is used
// to check that the wiring to the thermistor is not broken.
// Otherwise this would lead to the heater being powered on all the time.
#define HEATER_0_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_1_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_2_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_3_MINTEMP 5
#define BED_MINTEMP 5

// When temperature exceeds max temp, your heater will be switched off.
// This feature exists to protect your hotend from overheating accidentally, but *NOT* from thermistor short/failure!
// You should use MINTEMP for thermistor short/failure protection.
#define HEATER_0_MAXTEMP 260 // CL: was =275
#define HEATER_1_MAXTEMP 260 // CL: was =275
#define HEATER_2_MAXTEMP 260 // CL: was =275
#define HEATER_3_MAXTEMP 260 // CL: was =275
#define BED_MAXTEMP 120  // CL: was =150

// If your bed has low resistance e.g. .6 ohm and throws the fuse you can duty cycle it to reduce the
// average current. The value should be an integer and the heat bed will be turned on for 1 interval of
// HEATER_BED_DUTY_CYCLE_DIVIDER intervals.
//#define HEATER_BED_DUTY_CYCLE_DIVIDER 4

// If you want the M105 heater power reported in watts, define the BED_WATTS, and (shared for all extruders) EXTRUDER_WATTS
//#define EXTRUDER_WATTS (12.0*12.0/6.7) //  P=I^2/R
//#define BED_WATTS (12.0*12.0/1.1)      // P=I^2/R

//============================= PID Settings ================================
// PID Tuning Guide here: http://reprap.org/wiki/PID_Tuning

// Comment the following line to disable PID and enable bang-bang.
#define PIDTEMP
#define BANG_MAX 255 // limits current to nozzle while in bang-bang mode; 255=full current
#define PID_MAX BANG_MAX // limits current to nozzle while PID is active (see PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE below); 255=full current
#if ENABLED(PIDTEMP)
  //#define PID_DEBUG // Sends debug data to the serial port.
  //#define PID_OPENLOOP 1 // Puts PID in open loop. M104/M140 sets the output power from 0 to PID_MAX
  //#define SLOW_PWM_HEATERS // PWM with very low frequency (roughly 0.125Hz=8s) and minimum state time of approximately 1s useful for heaters driven by a relay
  //#define PID_PARAMS_PER_EXTRUDER // Uses separate PID parameters for each extruder (useful for mismatched extruders)
                                    // Set/get with gcode: M301 E[extruder number, 0-2]
  #define PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE 10 // If the temperature difference between the target temperature and the actual temperature
                                  // is more then PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE then the PID will be shut off and the heater will be set to min/max.
  #define PID_INTEGRAL_DRIVE_MAX PID_MAX  //limit for the integral term
  #define K1 0.95 //smoothing factor within the PID

// CL: 16.03.26 : run M303 command on HIC i3 at 09:15:46.395 : PID Autotune completed
  // Put the last Kp, Ki and Kd constants from below into Configuration.h
  // Post PID tuning the nozzle temperature has improved to within +/-1 degrees C, WAS =+/- 5 degrees C
  // Reprap link here for PID tuning: "http://reprap.org/wiki/PID_Tuning"
  // for current Hic i3 : set Kp=11.95, Ki=0.49, Kd=72.55
  #define  DEFAULT_Kp 11.95
  #define  DEFAULT_Ki 0.49
  #define  DEFAULT_Kd 72.55

// If you are using a pre-configured hotend then you can use one of the value sets by uncommenting it
  // Ultimaker
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kp 22.2  //CL: was enabled at default
  //#define  DEFAULT_Ki 1.08  //CL: was enabled at default
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kd 114   //CL: was enabled at default

// MakerGear
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kp 7.0
  //#define  DEFAULT_Ki 0.1
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kd 12

// Mendel Parts V9 on 12V
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kp 63.0
  //#define  DEFAULT_Ki 2.25
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kd 440

#endif // PIDTEMP

//============================= PID > Bed Temperature Control ===============
// Select PID or bang-bang with PIDTEMPBED. If bang-bang, BED_LIMIT_SWITCHING will enable hysteresis
//
// Uncomment this to enable PID on the bed. It uses the same frequency PWM as the extruder.
// If your PID_dT is the default, and correct for your hardware/configuration, that means 7.689Hz,
// which is fine for driving a square wave into a resistive load and does not significantly impact you FET heating.
// This also works fine on a Fotek SSR-10DA Solid State Relay into a 250W heater.
// If your configuration is significantly different than this and you don't understand the issues involved, you probably
// shouldn't use bed PID until someone else verifies your hardware works.
// If this is enabled, find your own PID constants below.
//#define PIDTEMPBED

//#define BED_LIMIT_SWITCHING

// This sets the max power delivered to the bed, and replaces the HEATER_BED_DUTY_CYCLE_DIVIDER option.
// all forms of bed control obey this (PID, bang-bang, bang-bang with hysteresis)
// setting this to anything other than 255 enables a form of PWM to the bed just like HEATER_BED_DUTY_CYCLE_DIVIDER did,
// so you shouldn't use it unless you are OK with PWM on your bed.  (see the comment on enabling PIDTEMPBED)
#define MAX_BED_POWER 255 // limits duty cycle to bed; 255=full current

//#define PID_BED_DEBUG // Sends debug data to the serial port.

#if ENABLED(PIDTEMPBED)

#define PID_BED_INTEGRAL_DRIVE_MAX MAX_BED_POWER //limit for the integral term

//120v 250W silicone heater into 4mm borosilicate (MendelMax 1.5+)
  //from FOPDT model - kp=.39 Tp=405 Tdead=66, Tc set to 79.2, aggressive factor of .15 (vs .1, 1, 10)
  #define  DEFAULT_bedKp 10.00
  #define  DEFAULT_bedKi .023
  #define  DEFAULT_bedKd 305.4

//from pidautotune
  //#define  DEFAULT_bedKp 97.1
  //#define  DEFAULT_bedKi 1.41
  //#define  DEFAULT_bedKd 1675.16

// FIND YOUR OWN: "M303 E-1 C8 S90" to run autotune on the bed at 90 degreesC for 8 cycles.
#endif // PIDTEMPBED

// @section extruder

//this prevents dangerous Extruder moves, i.e. if the temperature is under the limit
//can be software-disabled for whatever purposes by
#define PREVENT_DANGEROUS_EXTRUDE
//if PREVENT_DANGEROUS_EXTRUDE is on, you can still disable (uncomment) very long bits of extrusion separately.
#define PREVENT_LENGTHY_EXTRUDE

// IMPORTANT NOTE: your extruder will NOT FEED below this setting!
#define EXTRUDE_MINTEMP 170  //CL: screwed up setting this to 190, original =170
#define EXTRUDE_MAXLENGTH (X_MAX_LENGTH+Y_MAX_LENGTH) //prevent extrusion of very large distances.

//======================== Thermal Runaway Protection =======================

/**
 * Thermal Runaway Protection protects your printer from damage and fire if a
 * thermistor falls out or temperature sensors fail in any way.
 * The issue: If a thermistor falls out or a temperature sensor fails,
 * Marlin can no longer sense the actual temperature. Since a disconnected
 * thermistor reads as a low temperature, the firmware will keep the heater on.
 * The solution: Once the temperature reaches the target, start observing.
 * If the temperature stays too far below the target (hysteresis) for too long,
 * the firmware will halt as a safety precaution.
 */

#define THERMAL_PROTECTION_HOTENDS // Enable thermal protection for all extruders
#define THERMAL_PROTECTION_BED     // Enable thermal protection for the heated bed

//============================= Mechanical Settings =========================

// @section machine

// Uncomment this option to enable CoreXY kinematics
//#define COREXY

// Uncomment this option to enable CoreXZ kinematics
//#define COREXZ

// Enable this option for Toshiba steppers
//#define CONFIG_STEPPERS_TOSHIBA

// @section homing

// coarse Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLUPS)
  // fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
//#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
//#define DISABLE_MIN_ENDSTOPS

// If you want to enable the Z probe pin, but disable its use, uncomment the line below.
// This only affects a Z probe endstop if you have separate Z min endstop as well and have
// activated Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP below. If you are using the Z Min endstop on your Z probe,
// this has no effect.
//#define DISABLE_Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP

// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1
// :{0:'Low',1:'High'}
#define X_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define E_ENABLE_ON 0 // For all extruders

// Disables axis when it's not being used.
// WARNING: When motors turn off there is a chance of losing position accuracy!
#define DISABLE_X false
#define DISABLE_Y false
#define DISABLE_Z false

// @section extruder

#define DISABLE_E false // For all extruders
#define DISABLE_INACTIVE_EXTRUDER true //disable only inactive extruders and keep active extruder enabled

// @section machine

// Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.
#define INVERT_X_DIR false  // CL: for HICi3 = false, for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR false  // CL: for HICis = false, for Mendel set to true, for Orca set to false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true   // CL: for HICi3 = true, for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true

// @section extruder

// For direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false.
#define INVERT_E0_DIR false  // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E1_DIR false  // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E2_DIR false  // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E3_DIR false

// @section homing

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
// :[-1,1]
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

#define min_software_endstops true // If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.
#define max_software_endstops true  // If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.

// @section machine

// Travel limits after homing (units are in mm)
// CL: HIC i3 : actual physical bed size = X-220mm, Y-270mm, Z-185mm (measured)
#define X_MAX_POS 220 //CL HIC i3: actual X bed size 220mm, was =205
#define X_MIN_POS 0   //CL HIC i3: compensate for slight homing offset
#define Y_MAX_POS 270 //CL HIC i3: actual Y bed size 270mm, was =205
#define Y_MIN_POS 20  //CL HIC i3: compensate for slight homing offset
#define Z_MAX_POS 185 //CL HIC i3: actual Z height measured = 185mm, set this for your actual Z height, was =200
#define Z_MIN_POS 0

//========================= Filament Runout Sensor ==========================
//#define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR // Uncomment for defining a filament runout sensor such as a mechanical or opto endstop to check the existence of filament
                                 // In RAMPS uses servo pin 2. Can be changed in pins file. For other boards pin definition should be made.
                                 // It is assumed that when logic high = filament available
                                 //                    when logic  low = filament ran out
#if ENABLED(FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR)
  const bool FIL_RUNOUT_INVERTING = true;  // Should be uncommented and true or false should assigned
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_FIL_RUNOUT // Uncomment to use internal pullup for filament runout pins if the sensor is defined.
  #define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SCRIPT "M600"
#endif

//=========================== Manual Bed Leveling ===========================

//#define MANUAL_BED_LEVELING  // Add display menu option for bed leveling.
//#define MESH_BED_LEVELING    // Enable mesh bed leveling.

#if ENABLED(MANUAL_BED_LEVELING)
  #define MBL_Z_STEP 0.025  // Step size while manually probing Z axis.
#endif  // MANUAL_BED_LEVELING

#if ENABLED(MESH_BED_LEVELING)
  #define MESH_MIN_X 10
  #define MESH_MAX_X (X_MAX_POS - MESH_MIN_X)
  #define MESH_MIN_Y 10
  #define MESH_MAX_Y (Y_MAX_POS - MESH_MIN_Y)
  #define MESH_NUM_X_POINTS 3  // Don't use more than 7 points per axis, implementation limited.
  #define MESH_NUM_Y_POINTS 3
  #define MESH_HOME_SEARCH_Z 4  // Z after Home, bed somewhere below but above 0.0.
#endif  // MESH_BED_LEVELING

//============================ Bed Auto Leveling ============================

// @section bedlevel

//#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_FEATURE // Delete the comment to enable (remove // at the start of the line)
//#define DEBUG_LEVELING_FEATURE
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_REPEATABILITY_TEST  // If not commented out, Z-Probe Repeatability test will be included if Auto Bed Leveling is Enabled.

#if ENABLED(AUTO_BED_LEVELING_FEATURE)

// There are 2 different ways to specify probing locations:
  //
  // - "grid" mode
  //   Probe several points in a rectangular grid.
  //   You specify the rectangle and the density of sample points.
  //   This mode is preferred because there are more measurements.
  //
  // - "3-point" mode
  //   Probe 3 arbitrary points on the bed (that aren't colinear)
  //   You specify the XY coordinates of all 3 points.

// Enable this to sample the bed in a grid (least squares solution).
  // Note: this feature generates 10KB extra code size.
  #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

#if ENABLED(AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID)

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 15
    #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 170
    #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 20
    #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 170

#define MIN_PROBE_EDGE 10 // The Z probe minimum square sides can be no smaller than this.

// Set the number of grid points per dimension.
    // You probably don't need more than 3 (squared=9).
    #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 2

#else  // !AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

// Arbitrary points to probe.
      // A simple cross-product is used to estimate the plane of the bed.
      #define ABL_PROBE_PT_1_X 15
      #define ABL_PROBE_PT_1_Y 180
      #define ABL_PROBE_PT_2_X 15
      #define ABL_PROBE_PT_2_Y 20
      #define ABL_PROBE_PT_3_X 170
      #define ABL_PROBE_PT_3_Y 20

#endif // AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

// Offsets to the Z probe relative to the nozzle tip.
  // X and Y offsets must be integers.
  #define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -25     // Z probe to nozzle X offset: -left  +right
  #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -29     // Z probe to nozzle Y offset: -front +behind
  #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -12.35  // Z probe to nozzle Z offset: -below (always!)

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING 4       // (in mm) Raise Z axis before homing (G28) for Z probe clearance.
                                        // Be sure you have this distance over your Z_MAX_POS in case.

#define XY_TRAVEL_SPEED 8000         // X and Y axis travel speed between probes, in mm/min.

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING 15   // How much the Z axis will be raised before traveling to the first probing point.
  #define Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS 5  // How much the Z axis will be raised when traveling from between next probing points.
  #define Z_RAISE_AFTER_PROBING 15    // How much the Z axis will be raised after the last probing point.

//#define Z_PROBE_END_SCRIPT "G1 Z10 F12000\nG1 X15 Y330\nG1 Z0.5\nG1 Z10" // These commands will be executed in the end of G29 routine.
                                                                            // Useful to retract a deployable Z probe.

//#define Z_PROBE_SLED // Turn on if you have a Z probe mounted on a sled like those designed by Charles Bell.
  //#define SLED_DOCKING_OFFSET 5 // The extra distance the X axis must travel to pickup the sled. 0 should be fine but you can push it further if you'd like.

//If you have enabled the Bed Auto Leveling and are using the same Z Probe for Z Homing,
  //it is highly recommended you let this Z_SAFE_HOMING enabled!!!

#define Z_SAFE_HOMING   // This feature is meant to avoid Z homing with Z probe outside the bed area.
                          // When defined, it will:
                          // - Allow Z homing only after X and Y homing AND stepper drivers still enabled.
                          // - If stepper drivers timeout, it will need X and Y homing again before Z homing.
                          // - Position the Z probe in a defined XY point before Z Homing when homing all axis (G28).
                          // - Block Z homing only when the Z probe is outside bed area.

#if ENABLED(Z_SAFE_HOMING)

#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT ((X_MIN_POS + X_MAX_POS) / 2)    // X point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28).
    #define Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT ((Y_MIN_POS + Y_MAX_POS) / 2)    // Y point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28).

#endif

// Support for a dedicated Z probe endstop separate from the Z min endstop.
  // If you would like to use both a Z probe and a Z min endstop together,
  // uncomment #define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP and read the instructions below.
  // If you still want to use the Z min endstop for homing, disable Z_SAFE_HOMING above.
  // Example: To park the head outside the bed area when homing with G28.
  //
  // WARNING:
  // The Z min endstop will need to set properly as it would without a Z probe
  // to prevent head crashes and premature stopping during a print.
  //
  // To use a separate Z probe endstop, you must have a Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN
  // defined in the pins_XXXXX.h file for your control board.
  // If you are using a servo based Z probe, you will need to enable NUM_SERVOS,
  // Z_ENDSTOP_SERVO_NR and SERVO_ENDSTOP_ANGLES in the R/C SERVO support below.
  // RAMPS 1.3/1.4 boards may be able to use the 5V, Ground and the D32 pin
  // in the Aux 4 section of the RAMPS board. Use 5V for powered sensors,
  // otherwise connect to ground and D32 for normally closed configuration
  // and 5V and D32 for normally open configurations.
  // Normally closed configuration is advised and assumed.
  // The D32 pin in Aux 4 on RAMPS maps to the Arduino D32 pin.
  // Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN is setting the pin to use on the Arduino.
  // Since the D32 pin on the RAMPS maps to D32 on Arduino, this works.
  // D32 is currently selected in the RAMPS 1.3/1.4 pin file.
  // All other boards will need changes to the respective pins_XXXXX.h file.
  //
  // WARNING:
  // Setting the wrong pin may have unexpected and potentially disastrous outcomes.
  // Use with caution and do your homework.
  //
  //#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP

#endif // AUTO_BED_LEVELING_FEATURE

// @section homing

// The position of the homing switches
//#define MANUAL_HOME_POSITIONS  // If defined, MANUAL_*_HOME_POS below will be used
//#define BED_CENTER_AT_0_0  // If defined, the center of the bed is at (X=0, Y=0)

// Manual homing switch locations:
// For deltabots this means top and center of the Cartesian print volume.
#if ENABLED(MANUAL_HOME_POSITIONS)
  #define MANUAL_X_HOME_POS 0
  #define MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS 0
  #define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS 0
  //#define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS 402 // For delta: Distance between nozzle and print surface after homing.
#endif

// @section movement

/**
 * MOVEMENT SETTINGS
 */
//// MOVEMENT SETTINGS  //CL:
#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {50*60, 50*60, 4*60, 0}  // set the homing speeds (mm/min)

// default settings
//// CL: DEFAULT MOVEMENT SETTINGS : STEP Units, FEEDRATE, ACCELERATION Settings
// 1a) default axis steps per unit for Ultimaker steps/mm ={8.7402,78.7402,200.0*8/3,760*1.1}
// 1b) default axis steps per unit for HIC i3 steps/mm, original ={80,80,2560,94.4962144}, CL: z-axis threaded rods=8mm wide x 1.25mm pitch
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {80,80,2556,95.8}  // CL: default X, Y, Z, E steps per unit for HIC i3, Z-steps and E-steps tweaked

// DEFAULT MAX FEEDRATES
// 1a) default max feedrate for HIC i3, original ={500,500,5,25} (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          {500, 500, 2, 25}  // X, Y, Z, E (mm/sec)

// DEFAULT ACCELERATIONS
// 1a) default maximum start speeds/acclerations for HIC i3, original ={9000,9000,100,10000} (mm/sec^2)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      {9000,9000,100,10000}  // X, Y, Z, E  maximum start speed for accelerated moves (mm/sec), E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

// DEFAULT MAX ACCELERATIONS
// Default accelerations for printing moves, for HIC i3, original =acceleration =3000, retract =3000, travel =3000 (mm/sec^2)
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          1200  // CL: print speed - X, Y, Z and E acceleration for printing moves (mm/sec^2)
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  3000  // E acceleration for retracts (mm/sec^2)
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION   3000  // X, Y, Z acceleration for travel (non-printing) moves (mm/sec^2)

// The speed change that does not require acceleration (i.e. the software might assume it can be done instantaneously)
// default jerk values for HIC i3 ={20.0, 0.4, 5.0} (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_XYJERK                20.0  // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK                 0.4   // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK                 5.0   // (mm/sec)

//=============================================================================
//============================= Additional Features ===========================

// @section more

// Custom M code points
#define CUSTOM_M_CODES
#if ENABLED(CUSTOM_M_CODES)
    #define CUSTOM_M_CODE_SET_Z_PROBE_OFFSET 851
    #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MIN -20
    #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MAX 20
  #endif
#endif

// @section extras

// EEPROM
// The microcontroller can store settings in the EEPROM, e.g. max velocity...
// M500 - stores parameters in EEPROM
// M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).
// M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings".  You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.
//define this to enable EEPROM support
#define EEPROM_SETTINGS  // CL: enabled EEPROM
#if ENABLED(EEPROM_SETTINGS)
  // To disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
  #define EEPROM_CHITCHAT // Cl: enabled EEPROM - Please keep turned on if you can.
#endif

//
// M100 Free Memory Watcher
//
//#define M100_FREE_MEMORY_WATCHER // uncomment to add the M100 Free Memory Watcher for debug purpose

// @section temperature

// Preheat Constants
#define PLA_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 200  // CL: too low for current PLA, was=180
#define PLA_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 60  // CL: too high for current PLA, was=70
#define PLA_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 0  // Insert Value between 0 and 255

#define ABS_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 240
#define ABS_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 100  // CL: lowered for HICi3, was =110
#define ABS_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 0   // Insert Value between 0 and 255

//==============================LCD and SD support=============================
// @section lcd

// Define your display language below. Replace (en) with your language code and uncomment.
// en, pl, fr, de, es, ru, bg, it, pt, pt-br, fi, an, nl, ca, eu, kana, kana_utf8, cn, test
// See also language.h
#define LANGUAGE_INCLUDE GENERATE_LANGUAGE_INCLUDE(en)

// Choose ONE of these 3 charsets. This has to match your hardware. Ignored for full graphic display.
// To find out what type you have - compile with (test) - upload - click to get the menu. You'll see two typical lines from the upper half of the charset.
// See also documentation/LCDLanguageFont.md
  #define DISPLAY_CHARSET_HD44780_JAPAN        // this is the most common hardware
  //#define DISPLAY_CHARSET_HD44780_WESTERN
  //#define DISPLAY_CHARSET_HD44780_CYRILLIC

//#define ULTRA_LCD  //general LCD support, also 16x2
//#define DOGLCD  // Support for SPI LCD 128x64 (Controller ST7565R graphic Display Family)
#define SDSUPPORT  // // CL: HICi3 LCD panel, Enable SD Card Support in Hardware Console
// Changed behaviour! If you need SDSUPPORT uncomment it!
#define SDSLOW  //CL: uncomment to try to read SD for HICi3 =SD works,slower SD transfer mode (not normally needed - uncomment if you're getting volume init error)
//#define SDEXTRASLOW // Use even slower SD transfer mode (not normally needed - uncomment if you're getting volume init error)
#define SD_CHECK_AND_RETRY  //CL: uncomment to try to read SD for HICi3 =SD now works, Use CRC checks and retries on the SD communication
//#define ENCODER_PULSES_PER_STEP 1 // Increase if you have a high resolution encoder
//#define ENCODER_STEPS_PER_MENU_ITEM 5 // Set according to ENCODER_PULSES_PER_STEP or your liking
//#define ULTIMAKERCONTROLLER //as available from the Ultimaker online store.
//#define ULTIPANEL  //the UltiPanel as on Thingiverse
//#define SPEAKER // The sound device is a speaker - not a buzzer. A buzzer resonates with his own frequency.
//#define LCD_FEEDBACK_FREQUENCY_DURATION_MS 100 // the duration the buzzer plays the UI feedback sound. ie Screen Click
//#define LCD_FEEDBACK_FREQUENCY_HZ 1000         // this is the tone frequency the buzzer plays when on UI feedback. ie Screen Click
                                                 // 0 to disable buzzer feedback. Test with M300 S<frequency Hz> P<duration ms>
// PanelOne from T3P3 (via RAMPS 1.4 AUX2/AUX3)
// http://reprap.org/wiki/PanelOne
//#define PANEL_ONE

// The MaKr3d Makr-Panel with graphic controller and SD support
// http://reprap.org/wiki/MaKr3d_MaKrPanel
//#define MAKRPANEL

// The Panucatt Devices Viki 2.0 and mini Viki with Graphic LCD
// http://panucatt.com
// ==> REMEMBER TO INSTALL U8glib to your ARDUINO library folder: http://code.google.com/p/u8glib/wiki/u8glib
//#define VIKI2
//#define miniVIKI

// This is a new controller currently under development.  https://github.com/eboston/Adafruit-ST7565-Full-Graphic-Controller/
//
// ==> REMEMBER TO INSTALL U8glib to your ARDUINO library folder: http://code.google.com/p/u8glib/wiki/u8glib
//#define ELB_FULL_GRAPHIC_CONTROLLER
//#define SD_DETECT_INVERTED

// The RepRapDiscount Smart Controller (white PCB)
// http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapDiscount_Smart_Controller
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER  // CL: Stock HICi3 controller

// The GADGETS3D G3D LCD/SD Controller (blue PCB)
// http://reprap.org/wiki/RAMPS_1.3/1.4_GADGETS3D_Shield_with_Panel
//#define G3D_PANEL

// The RepRapDiscount FULL GRAPHIC Smart Controller (quadratic white PCB)
// http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapDiscount_Full_Graphic_Smart_Controller
//
//#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

// The RepRapWorld REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD v1.1
// http://reprapworld.com/?products_details&products_id=202&cPath=1591_1626
//#define REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD
//#define REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD_MOVE_STEP 10.0 // how much should be moved when a key is pressed, eg 10.0 means 10mm per click

// The Elefu RA Board Control Panel
// http://www.elefu.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53
// REMEMBER TO INSTALL LiquidCrystal_I2C.h in your ARDUINO library folder: https://github.com/kiyoshigawa/LiquidCrystal_I2C
//#define RA_CONTROL_PANEL

// The MakerLab Mini Panel with graphic controller and SD support
// http://reprap.org/wiki/Mini_panel
//#define MINIPANEL

/**
 * I2C Panels
 */

//#define LCD_I2C_SAINSMART_YWROBOT

// PANELOLU2 LCD with status LEDs, separate encoder and click inputs
//
// This uses the LiquidTWI2 library v1.2.3 or later ( https://github.com/lincomatic/LiquidTWI2 )
// Make sure the LiquidTWI2 directory is placed in the Arduino or Sketchbook libraries subdirectory.
// (v1.2.3 no longer requires you to define PANELOLU in the LiquidTWI2.h library header file)
// Note: The PANELOLU2 encoder click input can either be directly connected to a pin
//       (if BTN_ENC defined to != -1) or read through I2C (when BTN_ENC == -1).
//#define LCD_I2C_PANELOLU2

// Panucatt VIKI LCD with status LEDs, integrated click & L/R/U/P buttons, separate encoder inputs
//#define LCD_I2C_VIKI

// SSD1306 OLED generic display support
//#define U8GLIB_SSD1306

// Shift register panels
// ---------------------
// 2 wire Non-latching LCD SR from:
// https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/new-liquidcrystal/wiki/schematics#!shiftregister-connection
// LCD configuration: http://reprap.org/wiki/SAV_3D_LCD
//#define SAV_3DLCD

// @section extras

// Increase the FAN pwm frequency. Removes the PWM noise but increases heating in the FET/Arduino
//#define FAST_PWM_FAN

// Use software PWM to drive the fan, as for the heaters. This uses a very low frequency
// which is not as annoying as with the hardware PWM. On the other hand, if this frequency
// is too low, you should also increment SOFT_PWM_SCALE.
//#define FAN_SOFT_PWM

// Incrementing this by 1 will double the software PWM frequency,
// affecting heaters, and the fan if FAN_SOFT_PWM is enabled.
// However, control resolution will be halved for each increment;
// at zero value, there are 128 effective control positions.
#define SOFT_PWM_SCALE 0

// Temperature status LEDs that display the hotend and bet temperature.
// If all hotends and bed temperature and temperature setpoint are < 54C then the BLUE led is on.
// Otherwise the RED led is on. There is 1C hysteresis.
//#define TEMP_STAT_LEDS

// M240  Triggers a camera by emulating a Canon RC-1 Remote
// Data from: http://www.doc-diy.net/photo/rc-1_hacked/
//#define PHOTOGRAPH_PIN     23

// SkeinForge sends the wrong arc g-codes when using Arc Point as fillet procedure
//#define SF_ARC_FIX

// Support for the BariCUDA Paste Extruder.
//#define BARICUDA

//define BlinkM/CyzRgb Support
//#define BLINKM

/*********************************************************************\
* R/C SERVO support
* Sponsored by TrinityLabs, Reworked by codexmas
**********************************************************************/

// Number of servos
//
// If you select a configuration below, this will receive a default value and does not need to be set manually
// set it manually if you have more servos than extruders and wish to manually control some
// leaving it undefined or defining as 0 will disable the servo subsystem
// If unsure, leave commented / disabled
//
//#define NUM_SERVOS 3 // Servo index starts with 0 for M280 command

// Servo Endstops
//
// This allows for servo actuated endstops, primary usage is for the Z Axis to eliminate calibration or bed height changes.
// Use M851 to set the Z probe vertical offset from the nozzle. Store that setting with M500.
//
//#define X_ENDSTOP_SERVO_NR 1
//#define Y_ENDSTOP_SERVO_NR 2
//#define Z_ENDSTOP_SERVO_NR 0
//#define SERVO_ENDSTOP_ANGLES {{0,0}, {0,0}, {70,0}} // X,Y,Z Axis Extend and Retract angles

// Servo deactivation
//
// With this option servos are powered only during movement, then turned off to prevent jitter.
//#define DEACTIVATE_SERVOS_AFTER_MOVE

#if ENABLED(DEACTIVATE_SERVOS_AFTER_MOVE)
  // Delay (in microseconds) before turning the servo off. This depends on the servo speed.
  // 300ms is a good value but you can try less delay.
  // If the servo can't reach the requested position, increase it.
  #define SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 300
#endif

/**********************************************************************\
 * Support for a filament diameter sensor
 * Also allows adjustment of diameter at print time (vs  at slicing)
 * Single extruder only at this point (extruder 0)
 * Motherboards
 * 34 - RAMPS1.4 - uses Analog input 5 on the AUX2 connector
 * 81 - Printrboard - Uses Analog input 2 on the Exp1 connector (version B,C,D,E)
 * 301 - Rambo  - uses Analog input 3
 * Note may require analog pins to be defined for different motherboards
 **********************************FFF************************************/
// Uncomment below to enable
//#define FILAMENT_SENSOR

#define FILAMENT_SENSOR_EXTRUDER_NUM 0   //The number of the extruder that has the filament sensor (0,1,2)
#define MEASUREMENT_DELAY_CM        14   //measurement delay in cm.  This is the distance from filament sensor to middle of barrel

#define DEFAULT_NOMINAL_FILAMENT_DIA 3.00  //Enter the diameter (in mm) of the filament generally used (3.0 mm or 1.75 mm) - this is then used in the slicer software.  Used for sensor reading validation
#define MEASURED_UPPER_LIMIT         3.30F  //upper limit factor used for sensor reading validation in mm
#define MEASURED_LOWER_LIMIT         1.90  //lower limit factor for sensor reading validation in mm
#define MAX_MEASUREMENT_DELAY       20     //delay buffer size in bytes (1 byte = 1cm)- limits maximum measurement delay allowable (must be larger than MEASUREMENT_DELAY_CM  and lower number saves RAM)

//defines used in the code
#define DEFAULT_MEASURED_FILAMENT_DIA  DEFAULT_NOMINAL_FILAMENT_DIA  //set measured to nominal initially

//When using an LCD, uncomment the line below to display the Filament sensor data on the last line instead of status.  Status will appear for 5 sec.
//#define FILAMENT_LCD_DISPLAY

#include "Configuration_adv.h"
#include "thermistortables.h"

#endif //CONFIGURATION_H
You will also need updated: conditionals.h, Default_version.h and ultralcd.h. Let me know when you are ready and I will post them.
rokhdrone1uk
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop i3 3DP12

Post by rokhdrone1uk »

rokhdrone1uk wrote:
Chip Luck wrote:
NotMe999 wrote:Chip, Ive just updated my Firmware and now im getting a Heater_ID:Bed Error in Adruino and also my LCD isnt working??

When i try to flash to my printer it is saying old Config.h file.....

Im using a stock Hic i3 3dP12 - the only thing ive done is upgrade my extruder with the Infill3D / e3D V6.

Do i need tio adujst anything, can print at the moment which is killing me :(

Thanks

Stu

Just purchased the HICTOP Prusa i3 with Auto-leveling and I'm new to 3D Printers. I'm planning to add a dual extruder, but would like to keep the auto-leveling. I've been reading up on the firmware for this printer. It looks like you have done a lot of digging into this. Thank you for your hard work.

I'd like to know if the Marlin Code supports Auto-leveling?
Yes, however Marlin 1.1.0-RC3 has auto-leveling (probing type) and is disabled by default; if you read the guide on reprap.org they do not suggest it and I have not tired to enable it. My HIC i3 came with a inductive z-probe and helped a lot for auto-z homing position, I believe this is what 'China' refers to as 'auto leveling' on this model. The code will of course support dual extruders as it is the latest version. I'm getting the full graphics controller and true lead-screw z rods for my HIC i3 and will be updating the software configuration to add those.

Thanks for the comment, if you would like my current code (actually just a few edited configuration files from the git hub supplied Marlin 1.1.0-RC3) let me know your email and I will send it to you. It has no major issues that I can see so far after running it for about a week. Do NOT use China OEM supplied source code, it's been hacked.

Here is my current HIC i3 v1.1.02 / Marlin 1.1.0-RC3 based configuration.h file:

Code: Select all

#ifndef CONFIGURATION_H
#define CONFIGURATION_H

#include "boards.h"
#include "macros.h"

//============================= Getting Started =============================
/*
Here are some standard links for getting your machine calibrated:
 * http://reprap.org/wiki/Calibration
 * http://youtu.be/wAL9d7FgInk
 * http://calculator.josefprusa.cz
 * http://reprap.org/wiki/Triffid_Hunter%27s_Calibration_Guide
 * http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5573
 * https://sites.google.com/site/repraplogphase/calibration-of-your-reprap
 * http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:298812
*/

// This configuration file contains the basic settings.
// Advanced settings can be found in Configuration_adv.h
// BASIC SETTINGS: select your board type, temperature sensor typep, axis scaling, and endstop configuration

//============================= DELTA Printer ==============ex=================
// For a Delta printer replace the configuration files with the files in the
// example_configurations/delta directory.
//

//============================= SCARA Printer ===============================
// For a Scara printer replace the configuration files with the files in the
// example_configurations/SCARA directory.
//

// @section info

#if ENABLED(USE_AUTOMATIC_VERSIONING)
  #include "_Version.h"
#else
  #include "Default_Version.h"
#endif

// User-specified version info of this build to display in [Pronterface, etc] terminal window during
// startup. Implementation of an idea by Prof Braino to inform user that any changes made to this
// build by the user have been successfully uploaded into firmware.
#define STRING_CONFIG_H_AUTHOR "(Chip Luck, HICTOP i3 Mendel v1.1.02-RC3)" // CL: Who made the changes.
#define SHOW_BOOTSCREEN
#define STRING_SPLASH_LINE1 SHORT_BUILD_VERSION // will be shown during bootup in line 1
#define STRING_SPLASH_LINE2 STRING_DISTRIBUTION_DATE // CL: will be shown during bootup in line 2

// @section machine

// SERIAL_PORT selects which serial port should be used for communication with the host.
// This allows the connection of wireless adapters (for instance) to non-default port pins.
// Serial port 0 is still used by the Arduino bootloader regardless of this setting.
// :[0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7]
#define SERIAL_PORT 0

// This determines the communication speed of the printer
// :[2400,9600,19200,38400,57600,115200,250000]
#define BAUDRATE 115200 // CL: was =250000

// Enable the Bluetooth serial interface on AT90USB devices
//#define BLUETOOTH

// The following define selects which electronics board you have.
// Please choose the name from boards.h that matches your setup
#ifndef MOTHERBOARD
  #define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RAMPS_13_EFB
#endif

// Optional custom name for your RepStrap or other custom machine
// Displayed in the LCD "Ready" message
#define CUSTOM_MACHINE_NAME "HICi3 v1.1.02"  // CL: HIC i3

// Define this to set a unique identifier for this printer, (Used by some programs to differentiate between machines)
// You can use an online service to generate a random UUID. (eg http://www.uuidgenerator.net/version4)
//#define MACHINE_UUID "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"

// This defines the number of extruders
// :[1,2,3,4]
#define EXTRUDERS 1

// Offset of the extruders (uncomment if using more than one and relying on firmware to position when changing).
// The offset has to be X=0, Y=0 for the extruder 0 hotend (default extruder).
// For the other hotends it is their distance from the extruder 0 hotend.
//#define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, 20.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
//#define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 5.00}  // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

//// The following define selects which power supply you have. Please choose the one that matches your setup
// 1 = ATX
// 2 = X-Box 360 203Watts (the blue wire connected to PS_ON and the red wire to VCC)
// :{1:'ATX',2:'X-Box 360'}

#define POWER_SUPPLY 1

// Define this to have the electronics keep the power supply off on startup. If you don't know what this is leave it.
//#define PS_DEFAULT_OFF

// @section temperature

//============================= Thermal Settings ============================
//
//--NORMAL IS 4.7kohm PULLUP!-- 1kohm pullup can be used on hotend sensor, using correct resistor and table
//
//// Temperature sensor settings:
// -2 is thermocouple with MAX6675 (only for sensor 0)
// -1 is thermocouple with AD595
// 0 is not used
// 1 is 100k thermistor - best choice for EPCOS 100k (4.7k pullup)
// 2 is 200k thermistor - ATC Semitec 204GT-2 (4.7k pullup)
// 3 is Mendel-parts thermistor (4.7k pullup)
// 4 is 10k thermistor !! do not use it for a hotend. It gives bad resolution at high temp. !!
// 5 is 100K thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan & J-Head) (4.7k pullup)
// 6 is 100k EPCOS - Not as accurate as table 1 (created using a fluke thermocouple) (4.7k pullup)
// 7 is 100k Honeywell thermistor 135-104LAG-J01 (4.7k pullup)
// 71 is 100k Honeywell thermistor 135-104LAF-J01 (4.7k pullup)
// 8 is 100k 0603 SMD Vishay NTCS0603E3104FXT (4.7k pullup)
// 9 is 100k GE Sensing AL03006-58.2K-97-G1 (4.7k pullup)
// 10 is 100k RS thermistor 198-961 (4.7k pullup)
// 11 is 100k beta 3950 1% thermistor (4.7k pullup)
// 12 is 100k 0603 SMD Vishay NTCS0603E3104FXT (4.7k pullup) (calibrated for Makibox hot bed)
// 13 is 100k Hisens 3950  1% up to 300°C for hotend "Simple ONE " & "Hotend "All In ONE"
// 20 is the PT100 circuit found in the Ultimainboard V2.x
// 60 is 100k Maker's Tool Works Kapton Bed Thermistor beta=3950
//
//    1k ohm pullup tables - This is not normal, you would have to have changed out your 4.7k for 1k
//                          (but gives greater accuracy and more stable PID)
// 51 is 100k thermistor - EPCOS (1k pullup)
// 52 is 200k thermistor - ATC Semitec 204GT-2 (1k pullup)
// 55 is 100k thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan & J-Head) (1k pullup)
//
// 1047 is Pt1000 with 4k7 pullup
// 1010 is Pt1000 with 1k pullup (non standard)
// 147 is Pt100 with 4k7 pullup
// 110 is Pt100 with 1k pullup (non standard)
// 998 and 999 are Dummy Tables. They will ALWAYS read 25°C or the temperature defined below.
//     Use it for Testing or Development purposes. NEVER for production machine.
//#define DUMMY_THERMISTOR_998_VALUE 25
//#define DUMMY_THERMISTOR_999_VALUE 100
// :{ '0': "Not used", '4': "10k !! do not use for a hotend. Bad resolution at high temp. !!", '1': "100k / 4.7k - EPCOS", '51': "100k / 1k - EPCOS", '6': "100k / 4.7k EPCOS - Not as accurate as Table 1", '5': "100K / 4.7k - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan & J-Head)", '7': "100k / 4.7k Honeywell 135-104LAG-J01", '71': "100k / 4.7k Honeywell 135-104LAF-J01", '8': "100k / 4.7k 0603 SMD Vishay NTCS0603E3104FXT", '9': "100k / 4.7k GE Sensing AL03006-58.2K-97-G1", '10': "100k / 4.7k RS 198-961", '11': "100k / 4.7k beta 3950 1%", '12': "100k / 4.7k 0603 SMD Vishay NTCS0603E3104FXT (calibrated for Makibox hot bed)", '13': "100k Hisens 3950  1% up to 300°C for hotend 'Simple ONE ' & hotend 'All In ONE'", '60': "100k Maker's Tool Works Kapton Bed Thermistor beta=3950", '55': "100k / 1k - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan & J-Head)", '2': "200k / 4.7k - ATC Semitec 204GT-2", '52': "200k / 1k - ATC Semitec 204GT-2", '-2': "Thermocouple + MAX6675 (only for sensor 0)", '-1': "Thermocouple + AD595", '3': "Mendel-parts / 4.7k", '1047': "Pt1000 / 4.7k", '1010': "Pt1000 / 1k (non standard)", '20': "PT100 (Ultimainboard V2.x)", '147': "Pt100 / 4.7k", '110': "Pt100 / 1k (non-standard)", '998': "Dummy 1", '999': "Dummy 2" }
// CL: HIC i3, 'China' OEM code shows = type '3', other source for HIC i3 shows = type '1', =not sure?
#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1  // CL: Config file samples type =1, 'China' OEM code type ='3', was =1
#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_3 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1  // CL: Config file samples type =1, 'China' OEM code type ='3', was =1

// This makes temp sensor 1 a redundant sensor for sensor 0. If the temperatures difference between these sensors is to high the print will be aborted.
//#define TEMP_SENSOR_1_AS_REDUNDANT
#define MAX_REDUNDANT_TEMP_SENSOR_DIFF 10

// Actual temperature must be close to target for this long before M109 returns success
#define TEMP_RESIDENCY_TIME 10  // (seconds)
#define TEMP_HYSTERESIS 3       // (degC) range of +/- temperatures considered "close" to the target one
#define TEMP_WINDOW     1       // (degC) Window around target to start the residency timer x degC early.

// The minimal temperature defines the temperature below which the heater will not be enabled It is used
// to check that the wiring to the thermistor is not broken.
// Otherwise this would lead to the heater being powered on all the time.
#define HEATER_0_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_1_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_2_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_3_MINTEMP 5
#define BED_MINTEMP 5

// When temperature exceeds max temp, your heater will be switched off.
// This feature exists to protect your hotend from overheating accidentally, but *NOT* from thermistor short/failure!
// You should use MINTEMP for thermistor short/failure protection.
#define HEATER_0_MAXTEMP 260 // CL: was =275
#define HEATER_1_MAXTEMP 260 // CL: was =275
#define HEATER_2_MAXTEMP 260 // CL: was =275
#define HEATER_3_MAXTEMP 260 // CL: was =275
#define BED_MAXTEMP 120  // CL: was =150

// If your bed has low resistance e.g. .6 ohm and throws the fuse you can duty cycle it to reduce the
// average current. The value should be an integer and the heat bed will be turned on for 1 interval of
// HEATER_BED_DUTY_CYCLE_DIVIDER intervals.
//#define HEATER_BED_DUTY_CYCLE_DIVIDER 4

// If you want the M105 heater power reported in watts, define the BED_WATTS, and (shared for all extruders) EXTRUDER_WATTS
//#define EXTRUDER_WATTS (12.0*12.0/6.7) //  P=I^2/R
//#define BED_WATTS (12.0*12.0/1.1)      // P=I^2/R

//============================= PID Settings ================================
// PID Tuning Guide here: http://reprap.org/wiki/PID_Tuning

// Comment the following line to disable PID and enable bang-bang.
#define PIDTEMP
#define BANG_MAX 255 // limits current to nozzle while in bang-bang mode; 255=full current
#define PID_MAX BANG_MAX // limits current to nozzle while PID is active (see PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE below); 255=full current
#if ENABLED(PIDTEMP)
  //#define PID_DEBUG // Sends debug data to the serial port.
  //#define PID_OPENLOOP 1 // Puts PID in open loop. M104/M140 sets the output power from 0 to PID_MAX
  //#define SLOW_PWM_HEATERS // PWM with very low frequency (roughly 0.125Hz=8s) and minimum state time of approximately 1s useful for heaters driven by a relay
  //#define PID_PARAMS_PER_EXTRUDER // Uses separate PID parameters for each extruder (useful for mismatched extruders)
                                    // Set/get with gcode: M301 E[extruder number, 0-2]
  #define PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE 10 // If the temperature difference between the target temperature and the actual temperature
                                  // is more then PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE then the PID will be shut off and the heater will be set to min/max.
  #define PID_INTEGRAL_DRIVE_MAX PID_MAX  //limit for the integral term
  #define K1 0.95 //smoothing factor within the PID

// CL: 16.03.26 : run M303 command on HIC i3 at 09:15:46.395 : PID Autotune completed
  // Put the last Kp, Ki and Kd constants from below into Configuration.h
  // Post PID tuning the nozzle temperature has improved to within +/-1 degrees C, WAS =+/- 5 degrees C
  // Reprap link here for PID tuning: "http://reprap.org/wiki/PID_Tuning"
  // for current Hic i3 : set Kp=11.95, Ki=0.49, Kd=72.55
  #define  DEFAULT_Kp 11.95
  #define  DEFAULT_Ki 0.49
  #define  DEFAULT_Kd 72.55

// If you are using a pre-configured hotend then you can use one of the value sets by uncommenting it
  // Ultimaker
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kp 22.2  //CL: was enabled at default
  //#define  DEFAULT_Ki 1.08  //CL: was enabled at default
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kd 114   //CL: was enabled at default

// MakerGear
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kp 7.0
  //#define  DEFAULT_Ki 0.1
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kd 12

// Mendel Parts V9 on 12V
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kp 63.0
  //#define  DEFAULT_Ki 2.25
  //#define  DEFAULT_Kd 440

#endif // PIDTEMP

//============================= PID > Bed Temperature Control ===============
// Select PID or bang-bang with PIDTEMPBED. If bang-bang, BED_LIMIT_SWITCHING will enable hysteresis
//
// Uncomment this to enable PID on the bed. It uses the same frequency PWM as the extruder.
// If your PID_dT is the default, and correct for your hardware/configuration, that means 7.689Hz,
// which is fine for driving a square wave into a resistive load and does not significantly impact you FET heating.
// This also works fine on a Fotek SSR-10DA Solid State Relay into a 250W heater.
// If your configuration is significantly different than this and you don't understand the issues involved, you probably
// shouldn't use bed PID until someone else verifies your hardware works.
// If this is enabled, find your own PID constants below.
//#define PIDTEMPBED

//#define BED_LIMIT_SWITCHING

// This sets the max power delivered to the bed, and replaces the HEATER_BED_DUTY_CYCLE_DIVIDER option.
// all forms of bed control obey this (PID, bang-bang, bang-bang with hysteresis)
// setting this to anything other than 255 enables a form of PWM to the bed just like HEATER_BED_DUTY_CYCLE_DIVIDER did,
// so you shouldn't use it unless you are OK with PWM on your bed.  (see the comment on enabling PIDTEMPBED)
#define MAX_BED_POWER 255 // limits duty cycle to bed; 255=full current

//#define PID_BED_DEBUG // Sends debug data to the serial port.

#if ENABLED(PIDTEMPBED)

#define PID_BED_INTEGRAL_DRIVE_MAX MAX_BED_POWER //limit for the integral term

//from FOPDT model - kp=.39 Tp=405 Tdead=66, Tc set to 79.2, aggressive factor of .15 (vs .1, 1, 10)
  #define  DEFAULT_bedKp 10.00
  #define  DEFAULT_bedKi .023
  #define  DEFAULT_bedKd 305.4

//from pidautotune
  //#define  DEFAULT_bedKp 97.1
  //#define  DEFAULT_bedKi 1.41
  //#define  DEFAULT_bedKd 1675.16

// FIND YOUR OWN: "M303 E-1 C8 S90" to run autotune on the bed at 90 degreesC for 8 cycles.
#endif // PIDTEMPBED

// @section extruder

//this prevents dangerous Extruder moves, i.e. if the temperature is under the limit
//can be software-disabled for whatever purposes by
#define PREVENT_DANGEROUS_EXTRUDE
//if PREVENT_DANGEROUS_EXTRUDE is on, you can still disable (uncomment) very long bits of extrusion separately.
#define PREVENT_LENGTHY_EXTRUDE

// IMPORTANT NOTE: your extruder will NOT FEED below this setting!
#define EXTRUDE_MINTEMP 170  //CL: screwed up setting this to 190, original =170
#define EXTRUDE_MAXLENGTH (X_MAX_LENGTH+Y_MAX_LENGTH) //prevent extrusion of very large distances.

//======================== Thermal Runaway Protection =======================

/**
 * Thermal Runaway Protection protects your printer from damage and fire if a
 * thermistor falls out or temperature sensors fail in any way.
 * The issue: If a thermistor falls out or a temperature sensor fails,
 * Marlin can no longer sense the actual temperature. Since a disconnected
 * thermistor reads as a low temperature, the firmware will keep the heater on.
 * The solution: Once the temperature reaches the target, start observing.
 * If the temperature stays too far below the target (hysteresis) for too long,
 * the firmware will halt as a safety precaution.
 */

#define THERMAL_PROTECTION_HOTENDS // Enable thermal protection for all extruders
#define THERMAL_PROTECTION_BED     // Enable thermal protection for the heated bed

//============================= Mechanical Settings =========================

// @section machine

// Uncomment this option to enable CoreXY kinematics
//#define COREXY

// Uncomment this option to enable CoreXZ kinematics
//#define COREXZ

// Enable this option for Toshiba steppers
//#define CONFIG_STEPPERS_TOSHIBA

// @section homing

// coarse Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#if DISABLED(ENDSTOPPULLUPS)
  // fine endstop settings: Individual pullups. will be ignored if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN_PROBE
#endif

// Mechanical endstop with COM to ground and NC to Signal uses "false" here (most common setup).
const bool X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
const bool Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING = true; // CL: =true set to true to invert the logic of the endstop.
//#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS
//#define DISABLE_MIN_ENDSTOPS

// If you want to enable the Z probe pin, but disable its use, uncomment the line below.
// This only affects a Z probe endstop if you have separate Z min endstop as well and have
// activated Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP below. If you are using the Z Min endstop on your Z probe,
// this has no effect.
//#define DISABLE_Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP

// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1
// :{0:'Low',1:'High'}
#define X_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define E_ENABLE_ON 0 // For all extruders

// Disables axis when it's not being used.
// WARNING: When motors turn off there is a chance of losing position accuracy!
#define DISABLE_X false
#define DISABLE_Y false
#define DISABLE_Z false

// @section extruder

#define DISABLE_E false // For all extruders
#define DISABLE_INACTIVE_EXTRUDER true //disable only inactive extruders and keep active extruder enabled

// @section machine

// Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.
#define INVERT_X_DIR false  // CL: for HICi3 = false, for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_Y_DIR false  // CL: for HICis = false, for Mendel set to true, for Orca set to false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true   // CL: for HICi3 = true, for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true

// @section extruder

// For direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false.
#define INVERT_E0_DIR false  // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E1_DIR false  // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E2_DIR false  // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E3_DIR false

// @section homing

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
// :[-1,1]
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

#define min_software_endstops true // If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.
#define max_software_endstops true  // If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.

// @section machine

// Travel limits after homing (units are in mm)
// CL: HIC i3 : actual physical bed size = X-220mm, Y-270mm, Z-185mm (measured)
#define X_MAX_POS 220 //CL HIC i3: actual X bed size 220mm, was =205
#define X_MIN_POS 0   //CL HIC i3: compensate for slight homing offset
#define Y_MAX_POS 270 //CL HIC i3: actual Y bed size 270mm, was =205
#define Y_MIN_POS 20  //CL HIC i3: compensate for slight homing offset
#define Z_MAX_POS 185 //CL HIC i3: actual Z height measured = 185mm, set this for your actual Z height, was =200
#define Z_MIN_POS 0

//========================= Filament Runout Sensor ==========================
//#define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR // Uncomment for defining a filament runout sensor such as a mechanical or opto endstop to check the existence of filament
                                 // In RAMPS uses servo pin 2. Can be changed in pins file. For other boards pin definition should be made.
                                 // It is assumed that when logic high = filament available
                                 //                    when logic  low = filament ran out
#if ENABLED(FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR)
  const bool FIL_RUNOUT_INVERTING = true;  // Should be uncommented and true or false should assigned
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_FIL_RUNOUT // Uncomment to use internal pullup for filament runout pins if the sensor is defined.
  #define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SCRIPT "M600"
#endif

//=========================== Manual Bed Leveling ===========================

//#define MANUAL_BED_LEVELING  // Add display menu option for bed leveling.
//#define MESH_BED_LEVELING    // Enable mesh bed leveling.

#if ENABLED(MANUAL_BED_LEVELING)
  #define MBL_Z_STEP 0.025  // Step size while manually probing Z axis.
#endif  // MANUAL_BED_LEVELING

#if ENABLED(MESH_BED_LEVELING)
  #define MESH_MIN_X 10
  #define MESH_MAX_X (X_MAX_POS - MESH_MIN_X)
  #define MESH_MIN_Y 10
  #define MESH_MAX_Y (Y_MAX_POS - MESH_MIN_Y)
  #define MESH_NUM_X_POINTS 3  // Don't use more than 7 points per axis, implementation limited.
  #define MESH_NUM_Y_POINTS 3
  #define MESH_HOME_SEARCH_Z 4  // Z after Home, bed somewhere below but above 0.0.
#endif  // MESH_BED_LEVELING

//============================ Bed Auto Leveling ============================

// @section bedlevel

//#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_FEATURE // Delete the comment to enable (remove // at the start of the line)
//#define DEBUG_LEVELING_FEATURE
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_REPEATABILITY_TEST  // If not commented out, Z-Probe Repeatability test will be included if Auto Bed Leveling is Enabled.

// There are 2 different ways to specify probing locations:
  //
  // - "grid" mode
  //   Probe several points in a rectangular grid.
  //   You specify the rectangle and the density of sample points.
  //   This mode is preferred because there are more measurements.
  //
  // - "3-point" mode
  //   Probe 3 arbitrary points on the bed (that aren't colinear)
  //   You specify the XY coordinates of all 3 points.

// Enable this to sample the bed in a grid (least squares solution).
  // Note: this feature generates 10KB extra code size.
  #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

#if ENABLED(AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID)

#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 15
    #define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 170
    #define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 20
    #define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 170

#define MIN_PROBE_EDGE 10 // The Z probe minimum square sides can be no smaller than this.

// Set the number of grid points per dimension.
    // You probably don't need more than 3 (squared=9).
    #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 2

#else  // !AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

// Arbitrary points to probe.
      // A simple cross-product is used to estimate the plane of the bed.
      #define ABL_PROBE_PT_1_X 15
      #define ABL_PROBE_PT_1_Y 180
      #define ABL_PROBE_PT_2_X 15
      #define ABL_PROBE_PT_2_Y 20
      #define ABL_PROBE_PT_3_X 170
      #define ABL_PROBE_PT_3_Y 20

#endif // AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID

// Offsets to the Z probe relative to the nozzle tip.
  // X and Y offsets must be integers.
  #define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -25     // Z probe to nozzle X offset: -left  +right
  #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -29     // Z probe to nozzle Y offset: -front +behind
  #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -12.35  // Z probe to nozzle Z offset: -below (always!)

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_HOMING 4       // (in mm) Raise Z axis before homing (G28) for Z probe clearance.
                                        // Be sure you have this distance over your Z_MAX_POS in case.

#define XY_TRAVEL_SPEED 8000         // X and Y axis travel speed between probes, in mm/min.

#define Z_RAISE_BEFORE_PROBING 15   // How much the Z axis will be raised before traveling to the first probing point.
  #define Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS 5  // How much the Z axis will be raised when traveling from between next probing points.
  #define Z_RAISE_AFTER_PROBING 15    // How much the Z axis will be raised after the last probing point.

//#define Z_PROBE_END_SCRIPT "G1 Z10 F12000\nG1 X15 Y330\nG1 Z0.5\nG1 Z10" // These commands will be executed in the end of G29 routine.
                                                                            // Useful to retract a deployable Z probe.

//#define Z_PROBE_SLED // Turn on if you have a Z probe mounted on a sled like those designed by Charles Bell.
  //#define SLED_DOCKING_OFFSET 5 // The extra distance the X axis must travel to pickup the sled. 0 should be fine but you can push it further if you'd like.

//If you have enabled the Bed Auto Leveling and are using the same Z Probe for Z Homing,
  //it is highly recommended you let this Z_SAFE_HOMING enabled!!!

#define Z_SAFE_HOMING   // This feature is meant to avoid Z homing with Z probe outside the bed area.
                          // When defined, it will:
                          // - Allow Z homing only after X and Y homing AND stepper drivers still enabled.
                          // - If stepper drivers timeout, it will need X and Y homing again before Z homing.
                          // - Position the Z probe in a defined XY point before Z Homing when homing all axis (G28).
                          // - Block Z homing only when the Z probe is outside bed area.

#if ENABLED(Z_SAFE_HOMING)

#define Z_SAFE_HOMING_X_POINT ((X_MIN_POS + X_MAX_POS) / 2)    // X point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28).
    #define Z_SAFE_HOMING_Y_POINT ((Y_MIN_POS + Y_MAX_POS) / 2)    // Y point for Z homing when homing all axis (G28).

#endif

// Support for a dedicated Z probe endstop separate from the Z min endstop.
  // If you would like to use both a Z probe and a Z min endstop together,
  // uncomment #define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP and read the instructions below.
  // If you still want to use the Z min endstop for homing, disable Z_SAFE_HOMING above.
  // Example: To park the head outside the bed area when homing with G28.
  //
  // WARNING:
  // The Z min endstop will need to set properly as it would without a Z probe
  // to prevent head crashes and premature stopping during a print.
  //
  // To use a separate Z probe endstop, you must have a Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN
  // defined in the pins_XXXXX.h file for your control board.
  // If you are using a servo based Z probe, you will need to enable NUM_SERVOS,
  // Z_ENDSTOP_SERVO_NR and SERVO_ENDSTOP_ANGLES in the R/C SERVO support below.
  // RAMPS 1.3/1.4 boards may be able to use the 5V, Ground and the D32 pin
  // in the Aux 4 section of the RAMPS board. Use 5V for powered sensors,
  // otherwise connect to ground and D32 for normally closed configuration
  // and 5V and D32 for normally open configurations.
  // Normally closed configuration is advised and assumed.
  // The D32 pin in Aux 4 on RAMPS maps to the Arduino D32 pin.
  // Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN is setting the pin to use on the Arduino.
  // Since the D32 pin on the RAMPS maps to D32 on Arduino, this works.
  // D32 is currently selected in the RAMPS 1.3/1.4 pin file.
  // All other boards will need changes to the respective pins_XXXXX.h file.
  //
  // WARNING:
  // Setting the wrong pin may have unexpected and potentially disastrous outcomes.
  // Use with caution and do your homework.
  //
  //#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP

#endif // AUTO_BED_LEVELING_FEATURE

// @section homing

// The position of the homing switches
//#define MANUAL_HOME_POSITIONS  // If defined, MANUAL_*_HOME_POS below will be used
//#define BED_CENTER_AT_0_0  // If defined, the center of the bed is at (X=0, Y=0)

// Manual homing switch locations:
// For deltabots this means top and center of the Cartesian print volume.
#if ENABLED(MANUAL_HOME_POSITIONS)
  #define MANUAL_X_HOME_POS 0
  #define MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS 0
  #define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS 0
  //#define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS 402 // For delta: Distance between nozzle and print surface after homing.
#endif

// @section movement

/**
 * MOVEMENT SETTINGS
 */
//// MOVEMENT SETTINGS  //CL:
#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {50*60, 50*60, 4*60, 0}  // set the homing speeds (mm/min)

// default settings
//// CL: DEFAULT MOVEMENT SETTINGS : STEP Units, FEEDRATE, ACCELERATION Settings
// 1a) default axis steps per unit for Ultimaker steps/mm ={8.7402,78.7402,200.0*8/3,760*1.1}
// 1b) default axis steps per unit for HIC i3 steps/mm, original ={80,80,2560,94.4962144}, CL: z-axis threaded rods=8mm wide x 1.25mm pitch
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {80,80,2556,95.8}  // CL: default X, Y, Z, E steps per unit for HIC i3, Z-steps and E-steps tweaked

// DEFAULT MAX FEEDRATES
// 1a) default max feedrate for HIC i3, original ={500,500,5,25} (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          {500, 500, 2, 25}  // X, Y, Z, E (mm/sec)

// DEFAULT ACCELERATIONS
// 1a) default maximum start speeds/acclerations for HIC i3, original ={9000,9000,100,10000} (mm/sec^2)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      {9000,9000,100,10000}  // X, Y, Z, E  maximum start speed for accelerated moves (mm/sec), E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

// DEFAULT MAX ACCELERATIONS
// Default accelerations for printing moves, for HIC i3, original =acceleration =3000, retract =3000, travel =3000 (mm/sec^2)
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          1200  // CL: print speed - X, Y, Z and E acceleration for printing moves (mm/sec^2)
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  3000  // E acceleration for retracts (mm/sec^2)
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION   3000  // X, Y, Z acceleration for travel (non-printing) moves (mm/sec^2)

// The speed change that does not require acceleration (i.e. the software might assume it can be done instantaneously)
// default jerk values for HIC i3 ={20.0, 0.4, 5.0} (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_XYJERK                20.0  // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK                 0.4   // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK                 5.0   // (mm/sec)

//============================= Additional Features ===========================

// @section more

// Custom M code points
#define CUSTOM_M_CODES
#if ENABLED(CUSTOM_M_CODES)
    #define CUSTOM_M_CODE_SET_Z_PROBE_OFFSET 851
    #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MIN -20
    #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_RANGE_MAX 20
  #endif
#endif

// @section extras

// EEPROM
// The microcontroller can store settings in the EEPROM, e.g. max velocity...
// M500 - stores parameters in EEPROM
// M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).
// M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings".  You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.
//define this to enable EEPROM support
#define EEPROM_SETTINGS  // CL: enabled EEPROM
#if ENABLED(EEPROM_SETTINGS)
  // To disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
  #define EEPROM_CHITCHAT // Cl: enabled EEPROM - Please keep turned on if you can.
#endif

//
// M100 Free Memory Watcher
//
//#define M100_FREE_MEMORY_WATCHER // uncomment to add the M100 Free Memory Watcher for debug purpose

// @section temperature

// Preheat Constants
#define PLA_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 200  // CL: too low for current PLA, was=180
#define PLA_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 60  // CL: too high for current PLA, was=70
#define PLA_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 0  // Insert Value between 0 and 255

#define ABS_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 240
#define ABS_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 100  // CL: lowered for HICi3, was =110
#define ABS_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 0   // Insert Value between 0 and 255

//==============================LCD and SD support=============================
// @section lcd

// Define your display language below. Replace (en) with your language code and uncomment.
// en, pl, fr, de, es, ru, bg, it, pt, pt-br, fi, an, nl, ca, eu, kana, kana_utf8, cn, test
// See also language.h
#define LANGUAGE_INCLUDE GENERATE_LANGUAGE_INCLUDE(en)

// Choose ONE of these 3 charsets. This has to match your hardware. Ignored for full graphic display.
// To find out what type you have - compile with (test) - upload - click to get the menu. You'll see two typical lines from the upper half of the charset.
// See also documentation/LCDLanguageFont.md
  #define DISPLAY_CHARSET_HD44780_JAPAN        // this is the most common hardware
  //#define DISPLAY_CHARSET_HD44780_WESTERN
  //#define DISPLAY_CHARSET_HD44780_CYRILLIC

//#define ULTRA_LCD  //general LCD support, also 16x2
//#define DOGLCD  // Support for SPI LCD 128x64 (Controller ST7565R graphic Display Family)
#define SDSUPPORT  // // CL: HICi3 LCD panel, Enable SD Card Support in Hardware Console
// Changed behaviour! If you need SDSUPPORT uncomment it!
#define SDSLOW  //CL: uncomment to try to read SD for HICi3 =SD works,slower SD transfer mode (not normally needed - uncomment if you're getting volume init error)
//#define SDEXTRASLOW // Use even slower SD transfer mode (not normally needed - uncomment if you're getting volume init error)
#define SD_CHECK_AND_RETRY  //CL: uncomment to try to read SD for HICi3 =SD now works, Use CRC checks and retries on the SD communication
//#define ENCODER_PULSES_PER_STEP 1 // Increase if you have a high resolution encoder
//#define ENCODER_STEPS_PER_MENU_ITEM 5 // Set according to ENCODER_PULSES_PER_STEP or your liking
//#define ULTIMAKERCONTROLLER //as available from the Ultimaker online store.
//#define ULTIPANEL  //the UltiPanel as on Thingiverse
//#define SPEAKER // The sound device is a speaker - not a buzzer. A buzzer resonates with his own frequency.
//#define LCD_FEEDBACK_FREQUENCY_DURATION_MS 100 // the duration the buzzer plays the UI feedback sound. ie Screen Click
//#define LCD_FEEDBACK_FREQUENCY_HZ 1000         // this is the tone frequency the buzzer plays when on UI feedback. ie Screen Click
                                                 // 0 to disable buzzer feedback. Test with M300 S<frequency Hz> P<duration ms>
// PanelOne from T3P3 (via RAMPS 1.4 AUX2/AUX3)
// http://reprap.org/wiki/PanelOne
//#define PANEL_ONE

// The MaKr3d Makr-Panel with graphic controller and SD support
// http://reprap.org/wiki/MaKr3d_MaKrPanel
//#define MAKRPANEL

// The Panucatt Devices Viki 2.0 and mini Viki with Graphic LCD
// http://panucatt.com
//#define VIKI2
//#define miniVIKI

// This is a new controller currently under development.  https://github.com/eboston/Adafruit-ST7565-Full-Graphic-Controller/
//
//#define ELB_FULL_GRAPHIC_CONTROLLER
//#define SD_DETECT_INVERTED

// The RepRapDiscount Smart Controller (white PCB)
// http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapDiscount_Smart_Controller
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER  // CL: Stock HICi3 controller

// The GADGETS3D G3D LCD/SD Controller (blue PCB)
// http://reprap.org/wiki/RAMPS_1.3/1.4_GADGETS3D_Shield_with_Panel
//#define G3D_PANEL

// The RepRapDiscount FULL GRAPHIC Smart Controller (quadratic white PCB)
// http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapDiscount_Full_Graphic_Smart_Controller
//
//#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

// The RepRapWorld REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD v1.1
// http://reprapworld.com/?products_details&products_id=202&cPath=1591_1626
//#define REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD
//#define REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD_MOVE_STEP 10.0 // how much should be moved when a key is pressed, eg 10.0 means 10mm per click

// The Elefu RA Board Control Panel
// http://www.elefu.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53
// REMEMBER TO INSTALL LiquidCrystal_I2C.h in your ARDUINO library folder: https://github.com/kiyoshigawa/LiquidCrystal_I2C
//#define RA_CONTROL_PANEL

// The MakerLab Mini Panel with graphic controller and SD support
// http://reprap.org/wiki/Mini_panel
//#define MINIPANEL

/**
 * I2C Panels
 */

//#define LCD_I2C_SAINSMART_YWROBOT

// PANELOLU2 LCD with status LEDs, separate encoder and click inputs
//
// This uses the LiquidTWI2 library v1.2.3 or later ( https://github.com/lincomatic/LiquidTWI2 )
// Make sure the LiquidTWI2 directory is placed in the Arduino or Sketchbook libraries subdirectory.
// (v1.2.3 no longer requires you to define PANELOLU in the LiquidTWI2.h library header file)
// Note: The PANELOLU2 encoder click input can either be directly connected to a pin
//       (if BTN_ENC defined to != -1) or read through I2C (when BTN_ENC == -1).
//#define LCD_I2C_PANELOLU2

// Panucatt VIKI LCD with status LEDs, integrated click & L/R/U/P buttons, separate encoder inputs
//#define LCD_I2C_VIKI

// SSD1306 OLED generic display support
//#define U8GLIB_SSD1306

// Shift register panels
// ---------------------
// 2 wire Non-latching LCD SR from:
// https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/new-liquidcrystal/wiki/schematics#!shiftregister-connection
// LCD configuration: http://reprap.org/wiki/SAV_3D_LCD
//#define SAV_3DLCD

// @section extras

// Increase the FAN pwm frequency. Removes the PWM noise but increases heating in the FET/Arduino
//#define FAST_PWM_FAN

// Use software PWM to drive the fan, as for the heaters. This uses a very low frequency
// which is not as annoying as with the hardware PWM. On the other hand, if this frequency
// is too low, you should also increment SOFT_PWM_SCALE.
//#define FAN_SOFT_PWM

// Incrementing this by 1 will double the software PWM frequency,
// affecting heaters, and the fan if FAN_SOFT_PWM is enabled.
// However, control resolution will be halved for each increment;
// at zero value, there are 128 effective control positions.
#define SOFT_PWM_SCALE 0

// Temperature status LEDs that display the hotend and bet temperature.
// If all hotends and bed temperature and temperature setpoint are < 54C then the BLUE led is on.
// Otherwise the RED led is on. There is 1C hysteresis.
//#define TEMP_STAT_LEDS

// M240  Triggers a camera by emulating a Canon RC-1 Remote
// Data from: http://www.doc-diy.net/photo/rc-1_hacked/
//#define PHOTOGRAPH_PIN     23

// SkeinForge sends the wrong arc g-codes when using Arc Point as fillet procedure
//#define SF_ARC_FIX

// Support for the BariCUDA Paste Extruder.
//#define BARICUDA

//define BlinkM/CyzRgb Support
//#define BLINKM

/*********************************************************************\
* R/C SERVO support
* Sponsored by TrinityLabs, Reworked by codexmas
**********************************************************************/

// Number of servos
//
// If you select a configuration below, this will receive a default value and does not need to be set manually
// set it manually if you have more servos than extruders and wish to manually control some
// leaving it undefined or defining as 0 will disable the servo subsystem
// If unsure, leave commented / disabled
//
//#define NUM_SERVOS 3 // Servo index starts with 0 for M280 command

// Servo Endstops
//
// This allows for servo actuated endstops, primary usage is for the Z Axis to eliminate calibration or bed height changes.
// Use M851 to set the Z probe vertical offset from the nozzle. Store that setting with M500.
//
//#define X_ENDSTOP_SERVO_NR 1
//#define Y_ENDSTOP_SERVO_NR 2
//#define Z_ENDSTOP_SERVO_NR 0
//#define SERVO_ENDSTOP_ANGLES {{0,0}, {0,0}, {70,0}} // X,Y,Z Axis Extend and Retract angles

// Servo deactivation
//
// With this option servos are powered only during movement, then turned off to prevent jitter.
//#define DEACTIVATE_SERVOS_AFTER_MOVE

#if ENABLED(DEACTIVATE_SERVOS_AFTER_MOVE)
  // Delay (in microseconds) before turning the servo off. This depends on the servo speed.
  // 300ms is a good value but you can try less delay.
  // If the servo can't reach the requested position, increase it.
  #define SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 300
#endif

/**********************************************************************\
 * Support for a filament diameter sensor
 * Also allows adjustment of diameter at print time (vs  at slicing)
 * Single extruder only at this point (extruder 0)
 * Motherboards
 * 34 - RAMPS1.4 - uses Analog input 5 on the AUX2 connector
 * 81 - Printrboard - Uses Analog input 2 on the Exp1 connector (version B,C,D,E)
 * 301 - Rambo  - uses Analog input 3
 * Note may require analog pins to be defined for different motherboards
 **********************************FFF************************************/
// Uncomment below to enable
//#define FILAMENT_SENSOR

#define FILAMENT_SENSOR_EXTRUDER_NUM 0   //The number of the extruder that has the filament sensor (0,1,2)
#define MEASUREMENT_DELAY_CM        14   //measurement delay in cm.  This is the distance from filament sensor to middle of barrel

#define DEFAULT_NOMINAL_FILAMENT_DIA 3.00  //Enter the diameter (in mm) of the filament generally used (3.0 mm or 1.75 mm) - this is then used in the slicer software.  Used for sensor reading validation
#define MEASURED_UPPER_LIMIT         3.30F  //upper limit factor used for sensor reading validation in mm
#define MEASURED_LOWER_LIMIT         1.90  //lower limit factor for sensor reading validation in mm
#define MAX_MEASUREMENT_DELAY       20     //delay buffer size in bytes (1 byte = 1cm)- limits maximum measurement delay allowable (must be larger than MEASUREMENT_DELAY_CM  and lower number saves RAM)

//defines used in the code
#define DEFAULT_MEASURED_FILAMENT_DIA  DEFAULT_NOMINAL_FILAMENT_DIA  //set measured to nominal initially

//When using an LCD, uncomment the line below to display the Filament sensor data on the last line instead of status.  Status will appear for 5 sec.
//#define FILAMENT_LCD_DISPLAY

#include "Configuration_adv.h"
#include "thermistortables.h"

#endif //CONFIGURATION_H
You will also need updated: conditionals.h, Default_version.h and ultralcd.h. Let me know when you are ready and I will post them.
Chip, thanks that would be great I will PM you my email.

Thanks, so i have manged to get my LCD and printer working the issue that I'm having now is when i "Auto Home" via the LCD and start printing via Simplyfy3d etc the homing moves right and not left towards the mirco switch, how do i fix this.

Also is there a way of flashing a .hex file i got from HICTOP into Arduion and then adjust that?

Thanks and best regards

Stu
JoelR
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop Prusa i3

Post by JoelR »

Does moving the x-axis via the LCD result in the same movement ( (+) = Left; (-) = Right)? If so, your stepper pins are backwards. Either swap them manually (preferred) or change the setting in Marlin:
#define INVERT_X_DIR true

If it is only occurring in Simplify3d, check your settings and see what GCode is being produced, Make sure it is sending to 0,0,0 and that home is defined as 0,0,0 and not center of the bed. I do not use Slimplify3d so not sure the available settings.

Return to “Software and Firmware Discussion”