HIC i3 - current firmware development information

Software and Firmware Discussion - related to source code, firmware updates, etc.
rokhdrone1uk
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop i3 3DP12

Re: HIC i3 - current firmware development information

Post by rokhdrone1uk »

JoelR wrote:Does moving the x-axis via the LCD result in the same movement ( (+) = Left; (-) = Right)? If so, your stepper pins are backwards. Either swap them manually (preferred) or change the setting in Marlin:
#define INVERT_X_DIR true

If it is only occurring in Simplify3d, check your settings and see what GCode is being produced, Make sure it is sending to 0,0,0 and that home is defined as 0,0,0 and not center of the bed. I do not use Slimplify3d so not sure the available settings.

Thanks Joel I will give that a go, to find out what happens. I got a .hex code fomr HICTOP fdor the printer, do you know how to load this into
Adruino.

Ive just checked and moving the x axis + moved left, but cant move right? How do i manually change the stepper pins?

Thanks Stu
dragsterbox
Reactions:

Post by dragsterbox »

Dear all,

Thanks a lot for this awesome job.

I recently bough this version of the Hictop prusa I3 (3DP17) with filament monitor and auto leveling. I would like to know if this firmware is fully compatible with my version of the printer.

If yes, could you kindly write (again) the link of the firmware and all necessary documents.

Thanks a ton.
Conundrum
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP 3DP-17

Post by Conundrum »

dragsterbox wrote:Dear all,

Thanks a lot for this awesome job.

I recently bough this version of the Hictop prusa I3 (3DP17) with filament monitor and auto leveling. I would like to know if this firmware is fully compatible with my version of the printer.

If yes, could you kindly write (again) the link of the firmware and all necessary documents.

Thanks a ton.
I have attached the OEM firmware for the Model 3DP-17 (this is NOT Marlin 1.1.0-RC8 !!!) from HICTOP. This is for firmware development purpose only, use at your own risk.
Attachments
Marlin_3DP17_398.zip
(265.25 KiB) Downloaded 748 times
NAP-Richard
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HicTop 3DP-08 Prusa i3

Post by NAP-Richard »

I recently purchased the Hic i3 3DP08 with the auto leveling sensor. Now after trying some of the config file that have been posted here I am still un able to get things to work right. I will admit this coding is not in my wheel house. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish:
1) enable eeprom (so I can enter values through the LCD).
2) auto bed leveling (the supplied file "Marlin_3DP12_398.cpp.hex" file allows this, but I can't edit it).
3) load and save options from the LCD

Looking for any help from the experts.

Thanks
Chip Luck
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Reprap Prusa I3

Post by Chip Luck »

NAP-Richard wrote:I recently purchased the Hic i3 3DP08 with the auto leveling sensor. Now after trying some of the config file that have been posted here I am still un able to get things to work right. I will admit this coding is not in my wheel house. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish:
1) enable eeprom (so I can enter values through the LCD).
2) auto bed leveling (the supplied file "Marlin_3DP12_398.cpp.hex" file allows this, but I can't edit it).
3) load and save options from the LCD

Looking for any help from the experts.

Thanks
Again gang,

I posted the last updates to the Marlin that I am running on my printer and all except bed leveling is enabled in the code. Based on official Github Marlin source code, RC6. That code has been running on my printer for over 6 months with no issues. The original link to the thread for downloading that particular version and the change log is still here :: http://3dprintingforum.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=298.

There are several other members here that have posted their source code, I have not looked at any of it.

Chip

---
NAP-Richard
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HicTop 3DP-08 Prusa i3

Post by NAP-Richard »

Thanks Chip, I'm going to give it a try.
Warmaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Auto Level Prusa I3 Reprap mk8

Post by Warmaster »

I have "maybe" the latest firmware from hictop 3dp-12. Got it on email last night.

I am featurin Chip Luck*s firmware against theirs and Chip has everything more simple and clear I think.

Chip what sensor are you using on Z-axis? as probe? I have SN04-N
I am asking because your code is

Code: Select all

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 10  // X offset: -left  +right  [of the nozzle]
  #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 10  // Y offset: -front +behind [the nozzle]
  #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0   // Z offset: -below +above  [the nozzle]
and hictop

Code: Select all

#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -10
  #define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -10
  #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -0.5
so I am not sure which one to use.
Allthough I read the SN04-N specs its NO sensor with starting from 6v-36v range but if I am correct the board only delivers 5v to it?
That might change accuracy when on aluminium bed right?
wridley
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP18

Post by wridley »

Chip,
Huge thank you for all the work that you have put into this. I got my printer in December, a Hictop 3DP18, and while it worked good after reading your posts I realized that it could do better.

Last night I went for it and installed the new firmware and used your configuration file. WOW!! Printing was an instant improvement. Thanks again for the wonderful work you did.

Just wanted you to know that we appreciate the effort and time that went into the configuration file.

Willy
shocksofmighty
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): FFCP, HICTOP i3

Post by shocksofmighty »

Marlin 1.1.0-RC8 now has bilinear (mesh) based auto bed leveling, which should be much more useful for autoleveling my 3DP12 with concave build plate. As I was working on modifying and compiling the firmware to test out, the power supply on my printer crapped out in the middle of a print. Once I get the replacement PSU and test it out I'll post for others to try.
Fatty
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-12

Post by Fatty »

Marlin 1.1.0-RC8
I've had my 3DP-12 for 2 weeks now and all I've manged to print is a ball of horse hair. So many tweeks so many errors...Heating Failure...Thermal Run Away to name buy a few. Chips' config.h file is the closest I got. It Homes great, it Auto Levels great but as soon as the print starts the nozzle decides its too close to the bed and rises about 4mm. 9 times out of ten I'll get a Heating Failure at 196 degrees. I never thought 3d printing would make me go bald.
So I thought I'd bite the 3d bullet and upgrade to Marlin 1.1.0-RC8. Thinking the nightmare would end.... Of course we cant use Chips file but we can use some of the settings.
I finally got 1.1.0-RC8 to compile with a configuration.h file that combined stuff from Hictops and some code from Chips and flashed it to the printer using latest version of Arduino.....Oh boy. what a mess. now my printer doesn't know its arse from x axis. It has no idea what an endstop is. I nearly totally trashed it. I certainly need a new nozzle. So shocksofmighty , good luck, and keep your finger hovering over the power switch.

Anyone got their 3DP -12 running on Marlin 1.1.0-RC8 ? and What is FR on the LCD.? 1.1.0-RC8 allows you to change its value from 0% to 200% . Maybe Feed Rate??
There also seems to be a new Clock or Timer thing on the LCD info screen.
shocksofmighty
Reactions:

Post by shocksofmighty »

M119 is your friend when testing out a new firmware!
Fatty
Reactions:

Post by Fatty »

M119 hey? I'll take a look at that bad boy. Does it go in G-Code Start or somewhere. Thanks for the tip.
shocksofmighty
Reactions:

Post by shocksofmighty »

M119 is gcode to just tell you if your end stops are triggered or not. That way, before you auto home you can check that all your endstops are working correctly and not risk crashing things. Or decrease the risk, anyway.
Fatty
Reactions:

Post by Fatty »

Thanks a lot shocksofmighty.
I managed to to flash 1.1.0-RC8 AND make my first print!! No more Heating errors, no more nozzle trying to dig to Australia and a really nice quality print....but.... the printer quit the job half way through, don't know why, I was asleep. Just woke to find a half completed job. What was there on the bed looked pretty smooth, shame it came apart at the layers so easily...
shocksofmighty
Reactions:

Post by shocksofmighty »

I've successfully gotten 1.1.0-RC8BF working with autolevel with bilinear mode on my 3DP-11-AL (which is really a 3DP12). You can find it here. Note: This has auto-leveling enabled and uses 398 steps for Z and the stock SN04-N sensor. So far, the results using the mesh leveling have made significant improvements to my warped build plate. I had to go up to 8 sampling points to get a good mesh definition, but the left side of my build plate is no longer seeing really squashed first layers. It is important to redefine the relative distance between your probe and nozzle in Configuration.h and then possibly readjust the sampling positions. I am using one of the adjustable rear mounts found on Thingiverse and it is just too far away (63 mm in Y). I'm coming up with a new carriage design to put the cooling fan on the back and put the sensor on the front to get it much closer. All other values come from the HICTOP distributed firmware, not from Chip's updates. As always, use at your own risk and know what you are doing before you make firmware modifications.

Return to “Software and Firmware Discussion”