HICTOP - Software

Software and Firmware Discussion - related to source code, firmware updates, etc.
martin-bienz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original, prusa i3 mk2

Re: HICTOP - Software

Post by martin-bienz »

Chip Luck wrote: Will e-mail mfg and see if I can get proper config.
Hey Chip, did you ever get a response?
Chip Luck
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Reprap Prusa I3

Post by Chip Luck »

Not yet, still trying or I will have to resort to my own methods... !
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

Not sure if this is the exact same printer...but in this thread there is a link to a firmware with configuration that seems to be originating from the seller.

http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?406,519125
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Re: HICTOP - Software : Merlin re-complie = success!

Post by Chip Luck »

A Mile Stone has been set!

This morning I received the 'most recent' HICTOP source code from the manufacturer. After that I spent 4 hours fixing someones syntax and obvious errors in source and re-compiling some very basic errors until the firmware was clean:
o change 6 lines of code in temperature.cpp from: ( #ifdef AAA && BBB >= 0 ) to ( #if AAA && BBB >=0 )
o few left over 'debug' defines that were not supposed to be there in Marlinmain.cpp and Configuration.h
o setup configuration.h parameters, et. all for the HICTOP Pruas i3 3DP11(12)
o it works great!

Hey, it's all from China!

Anyway, ready to run this thing. EEPROM can be written, default settings are no problem now:
EEPROM now active
EEPROM now active
New Home screen on LCD:
Home menu description now HICTOP
Home menu description now HICTOP
Now to finalize settings. At least will not have to re-enter defaults every-time the thing is powered on! God thank the maker...
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Post by Chip Luck »

martin-bienz wrote:I think in this case I would try to re-flash with the latest version of Marlin, with a configuration.h that makes sense for your printer... (I hope the manufacturer could give you a "preconfigured" version)?

I quickly checked that guys config.h that I found yesterday (https://maggiemcfee.com/2015/11/29/hic- ... or-marlin/), and he has eeprom settings disabled (as shown below). You could theoretically take his other settings, transform that into a fresh Marlin copy and then change those paramters:

Code: Select all

// EEPROM
// the microcontroller can store settings in the EEPROM, e.g. max velocity...
// M500 - stores paramters in EEPROM
// M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).
// M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings". You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.
//define this to enable eeprom support
//#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
//to disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
// please keep turned on if you can.
//#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT
You can see that EEPROM_SETTINGS and also CHITCHAT are commented out, those should be enabled.

I would do that for you but am scared that I destroy your 3D - Printer...
Done and working. THANK YOU...
martin-bienz
Reactions:

Post by martin-bienz »

Chip Luck wrote: Done and working. THANK YOU...
You are very welcome.

Well done! Feels good to have flashed your first marlin, right :)!
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Post by Chip Luck »

martin-bienz wrote:
Chip Luck wrote: Done and working. THANK YOU...
You are very welcome.

Well done! Feels good to have flashed your first marlin, right :)!
Yes it is! Still cannot believe the 'official' source had multiple basic syntax errors and one debug routine that did not pass proper arguments (char to float, etc.). I looks like a custom version someone else was trying to update and the factory wound up sharing it on the cloud. Maybe I should contact and offer the source code? Not sure, if someone's printer does not function correctly - even if I still have a pretty much stock configuration.h file.

Anyway, here is a couple of links for fellow HICTOP users, or... you can take a look at it and just try to compile it using the Arduino IDE (I used v1.6.8) as you may have further insight to the code as I'm fairly new to Marlin. Yes, coding again is a good feeling!

Official Mfg (China) link : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
This one complies with no errors (from RepRap.org Wiki), home functions leave it at 0,0,0 : http://reprap.org/wiki/HICTOP_Prusa_i3

Is there a way to attach source code files on this forum? Seem invalid file types come up when trying to upload.
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Re: HICTOP - Software : re-compile => SD card now not working

Post by Chip Luck »

Well, thought things were going perfect until I inserted a SD card, the same one I used with the previous and factory supplied version of Merlin/Mendel with no issues.

Now, insertion of the SD card I do get "Card inserted" on LCD. Remove the card = "Card removed". Hit button on LCD for sub-menu and it indicates "No SD card" and enter that option and see no files on the card. Re-formatted the SD card on Win7 = FAT, copied to SD previous working .stl and they still are no-longer listed or found. Had issues on the original Merlin that you sometimes had to power off the printer for it to recognize the SD card (and it had no "Card removed" or "Card inserted" message, however it worked.

Have to figure out if it's the new code, or is it a LCD display problem. The display is the REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER and have double checked the configuration.h and pins.h file according to the Reprap.org/wiki that the coding is correct for the LCD display.

Don't know if I need to get another LCD board i.e. hardware failure or buy/try another SD card? Otherwise the new software is working fine as far as I can tell. Dang the luck!
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Re: HICTOP - Software : My configuraton.h file

Post by Chip Luck »

Here is a copy of my most recent updated configuration.h for the HIC i3 : Merlin/Mendel :

Code: Select all

#ifndef CONFIGURATION_H
#define CONFIGURATION_H

// This configurtion file contains the basic settings.
// Advanced settings can be found in Configuration_adv.h
// BASIC SETTINGS: select your board type, temperature sensor type, axis scaling, and endstop configuration

//////
// File : configuration.h
// Updates Author : C.L.
// Printer : HICTOP Reprap Prusa i3 (discount, aluminum frame, (BB-8 builders))
// Printer Part Number(s) : 3DP11, 3DP12
// Code source : downloaded HICTOP source code from China supplied URL
//  https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9KHOcJq2GZKYllGVXlDWjRqMnM&usp=sharing
// Arduino Type: Mega 2560
// Actual measured physical bed size : X (wide)=220mm
//                                     Y (long)=275mm
//                                     Z (height)=200mm (<- edit this Z for actual setup)
//
// UPDATE HISTORY
// 03.14.16 : Intial basic printer settings
//  *change EXTRUDE_MINTEMP : 190 - default minimun extruder temp too low
//  *change INVERT_X_DIR : false - for Mendel, default was set true for Orca
//  *change Z_MAX_POS - set default to match actual measured printer Z height
//  *change DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT - to save value instead of LCD commands (default speed for BB-8 parts)
//  *change DEFAULT_ACCELERATION - to save value instead of LCD commands (default speed for BB-8 parts)
//  *change PLA_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP - default to 200c = for current filament (intial default print setup)
//  *change PLA_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP - default to 60c = was too hot (intial default for print setup)
//  *change ABS_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED - default to 0 = no fan for ABS (intial default for print settings)
//  *change EEPROM_SETTINGS & EEPROM_CHITCHAT - default EEPROM writing not allowed = now EEPROM is enabled for write
//////

//User specified version info of this build to display in [Pronterface, etc] terminal window during startup.
//Implementation of an idea by Prof Braino to inform user that any changes made
//to this build by the user have been successfully uploaded into firmware.
#define STRING_VERSION_CONFIG_H __DATE__ " " __TIME__ // build date and time
#define STRING_CONFIG_H_AUTHOR "(Chip Luck, HICTOP Prusa i3 Mendel)" //Who made the changes.

// SERIAL_PORT selects which serial port should be used for communication with the host.
// This allows the connection of wireless adapters (for instance) to non-default port pins.
// Serial port 0 is still used by the Arduino bootloader regardless of this setting.
#define SERIAL_PORT 0

// This determines the communication speed of the printer
//#define BAUDRATE 250000
#define BAUDRATE 115200

//// The following define selects which electronics board you have. Please choose the one that matches your setup
// 10 = Gen7 custom (Alfons3 Version) "https://github.com/Alfons3/Generation_7_Electronics"
// 11 = Gen7 v1.1, v1.2 = 11
// 12 = Gen7 v1.3
// 13 = Gen7 v1.4
// 3  = MEGA/RAMPS up to 1.2 = 3
// 33 = RAMPS 1.3 / 1.4 (Power outputs: Extruder, Bed, Fan)
// 34 = RAMPS 1.3 / 1.4 (Power outputs: Extruder0, Extruder1, Bed)
// 4  = Duemilanove w/ ATMega328P pin assignment
// 5  = Gen6
// 51 = Gen6 deluxe
// 6  = Sanguinololu < 1.2
// 62 = Sanguinololu 1.2 and above
// 63 = Melzi
// 64 = STB V1.1
// 7  = Ultimaker
// 71 = Ultimaker (Older electronics. Pre 1.5.4. This is rare)
// 8  = Teensylu
// 80 = Rumba
// 81 = Printrboard (AT90USB1286)
// 82 = Brainwave (AT90USB646)
// 9  = Gen3+
// 70 = Megatronics
// 701= Megatronics v2.0
// 702= Minitronics v1.0
// 90 = Alpha OMCA board
// 91 = Final OMCA board
// 301 = Rambo

#ifndef MOTHERBOARD
#define MOTHERBOARD 33
#endif

// This defines the number of extruders
#define EXTRUDERS 1

//// The following define selects which power supply you have. Please choose the one that matches your setup
// 1 = ATX
// 2 = X-Box 360 203Watts (the blue wire connected to PS_ON and the red wire to VCC)

#define POWER_SUPPLY 1

//===========================================================================
//=============================Thermal Settings  ============================
//
//--NORMAL IS 4.7kohm PULLUP!-- 1kohm pullup can be used on hotend sensor, using correct resistor and table
//
//// Temperature sensor settings:
// -2 is thermocouple with MAX6675 (only for sensor 0)
// -1 is thermocouple with AD595
// 0 is not used
// 1 is 100k thermistor - best choice for EPCOS 100k (4.7k pullup)
// 2 is 200k thermistor - ATC Semitec 204GT-2 (4.7k pullup)
// 3 is mendel-parts thermistor (4.7k pullup)
// 4 is 10k thermistor !! do not use it for a hotend. It gives bad resolution at high temp. !!
// 5 is 100K thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan) (4.7k pullup)
// 6 is 100k EPCOS - Not as accurate as table 1 (created using a fluke thermocouple) (4.7k pullup)
// 7 is 100k Honeywell thermistor 135-104LAG-J01 (4.7k pullup)
// 8 is 100k 0603 SMD Vishay NTCS0603E3104FXT (4.7k pullup)
// 9 is 100k GE Sensing AL03006-58.2K-97-G1 (4.7k pullup)
// 10 is 100k RS thermistor 198-961 (4.7k pullup)
//
//    1k ohm pullup tables - This is not normal, you would have to have changed out your 4.7k for 1k
//                          (but gives greater accuracy and more stable PID)
// 51 is 100k thermistor - EPCOS (1k pullup)
// 52 is 200k thermistor - ATC Semitec 204GT-2 (1k pullup)
// 55 is 100k thermistor - ATC Semitec 104GT-2 (Used in ParCan) (1k pullup)

#define TEMP_SENSOR_0 1  // C.Luck 031416 - not sure about this, lastet is set to '3'
#define TEMP_SENSOR_1 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_2 0
#define TEMP_SENSOR_BED 1  // C.Luck 031416 - not sure about this, lastet is set to '3'

// Actual temperature must be close to target for this long before M109 returns success
#define TEMP_RESIDENCY_TIME 10  // (seconds)
#define TEMP_HYSTERESIS 3       // (degC) range of +/- temperatures considered "close" to the target one
#define TEMP_WINDOW     1       // (degC) Window around target to start the recidency timer x degC early.

// The minimal temperature defines the temperature below which the heater will not be enabled It is used
// to check that the wiring to the thermistor is not broken.
// Otherwise this would lead to the heater being powered on all the time.
#define HEATER_0_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_1_MINTEMP 5
#define HEATER_2_MINTEMP 5
#define BED_MINTEMP 5

// When temperature exceeds max temp, your heater will be switched off.
// This feature exists to protect your hotend from overheating accidentally, but *NOT* from thermistor short/failure!
// You should use MINTEMP for thermistor short/failure protection.
#define HEATER_0_MAXTEMP 275
#define HEATER_1_MAXTEMP 275
#define HEATER_2_MAXTEMP 275
#define BED_MAXTEMP 150

// If your bed has low resistance e.g. .6 ohm and throws the fuse you can duty cycle it to reduce the
// average current. The value should be an integer and the heat bed will be turned on for 1 interval of
// HEATER_BED_DUTY_CYCLE_DIVIDER intervals.
//#define HEATER_BED_DUTY_CYCLE_DIVIDER 4

// PID settings:
// Comment the following line to disable PID and enable bang-bang.
#define PIDTEMP
#define BANG_MAX 256 // limits current to nozzle while in bang-bang mode; 256=full current
#define PID_MAX 256 // limits current to nozzle while PID is active (see PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE below); 256=full current
#ifdef PIDTEMP
  //#define PID_DEBUG // Sends debug data to the serial port.
  //#define PID_OPENLOOP 1 // Puts PID in open loop. M104/M140 sets the output power from 0 to PID_MAX
  #define PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE 10 // If the temperature difference between the target temperature and the actual temperature
                                  // is more then PID_FUNCTIONAL_RANGE then the PID will be shut off and the heater will be set to min/max.
  #define PID_INTEGRAL_DRIVE_MAX 255  //limit for the integral term
  #define K1 0.95 //smoothing factor withing the PID
  #define PID_dT ((16.0 * 8.0)/(F_CPU / 64.0 / 256.0)) //sampling period of the temperature routine

// If you are using a preconfigured hotend then you can use one of the value sets by uncommenting it
// Ultimaker
    #define  DEFAULT_Kp 22.2
    #define  DEFAULT_Ki 1.08
    #define  DEFAULT_Kd 114

// Makergear
//    #define  DEFAULT_Kp 7.0
//    #define  DEFAULT_Ki 0.1
//    #define  DEFAULT_Kd 12

// Mendel Parts V9 on 12V
//    #define  DEFAULT_Kp 63.0
//    #define  DEFAULT_Ki 2.25
//    #define  DEFAULT_Kd 440
#endif // PIDTEMP

// Bed Temperature Control
// Select PID or bang-bang with PIDTEMPBED.  If bang-bang, BED_LIMIT_SWITCHING will enable hysteresis
//
// uncomment this to enable PID on the bed.   It uses the same frequency PWM as the extruder.
// If your PID_dT above is the default, and correct for your hardware/configuration, that means 7.689Hz,
// which is fine for driving a square wave into a resistive load and does not significantly impact you FET heating.
// This also works fine on a Fotek SSR-10DA Solid State Relay into a 250W heater.
// If your configuration is significantly different than this and you don't understand the issues involved, you proabaly
// shouldn't use bed PID until someone else verifies your hardware works.
// If this is enabled, find your own PID constants below.
//#define PIDTEMPBED
//
//#define BED_LIMIT_SWITCHING

// This sets the max power delived to the bed, and replaces the HEATER_BED_DUTY_CYCLE_DIVIDER option.
// all forms of bed control obey this (PID, bang-bang, bang-bang with hysteresis)
// setting this to anything other than 256 enables a form of PWM to the bed just like HEATER_BED_DUTY_CYCLE_DIVIDER did,
// so you shouldn't use it unless you are OK with PWM on your bed.  (see the comment on enabling PIDTEMPBED)
#define MAX_BED_POWER 256 // limits duty cycle to bed; 256=full current

#ifdef PIDTEMPBED
//120v 250W silicone heater into 4mm borosilicate (MendelMax 1.5+)
//from FOPDT model - kp=.39 Tp=405 Tdead=66, Tc set to 79.2, argressive factor of .15 (vs .1, 1, 10)
    #define  DEFAULT_bedKp 10.00
    #define  DEFAULT_bedKi .023
    #define  DEFAULT_bedKd 305.4

//120v 250W silicone heater into 4mm borosilicate (MendelMax 1.5+)
//from pidautotune
//    #define  DEFAULT_bedKp 97.1
//    #define  DEFAULT_bedKi 1.41
//    #define  DEFAULT_bedKd 1675.16

// FIND YOUR OWN: "M303 E-1 C8 S90" to run autotune on the bed at 90 degreesC for 8 cycles.
#endif // PIDTEMPBED

//this prevents dangerous Extruder moves, i.e. if the temperature is under the limit
//can be software-disabled for whatever purposes by
#define PREVENT_DANGEROUS_EXTRUDE
//if PREVENT_DANGEROUS_EXTRUDE is on, you can still disable (uncomment) very long bits of extrusion separately.
#define PREVENT_LENGTHY_EXTRUDE

//#define EXTRUDE_MINTEMP 170  //original value
#define EXTRUDE_MINTEMP 190  // C.Luck : was too low - set to a miniumum for current PLA filament
#define EXTRUDE_MAXLENGTH (X_MAX_LENGTH+Y_MAX_LENGTH) //prevent extrusion of very large distances.

//=============================Mechanical Settings===========================

// Uncomment the following line to enable CoreXY kinematics
// #define COREXY

// corse Endstop Settings
#define ENDSTOPPULLUPS // Comment this out (using // at the start of the line) to disable the endstop pullup resistors

#ifndef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
  // fine Enstop settings: Individual Pullups. will be ignord if ENDSTOPPULLUPS is defined
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
  //#define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
#endif

#ifdef ENDSTOPPULLUPS
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMAX
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMAX
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMAX
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_XMIN
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_YMIN
  #define ENDSTOPPULLUP_ZMIN
#endif

// The pullups are needed if you directly connect a mechanical endswitch between the signal and ground pins.
const bool X_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstops.
const bool Y_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstops.
const bool Z_ENDSTOPS_INVERTING = true; // set to true to invert the logic of the endstops.
//#define DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS

// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1
#define X_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define E_ENABLE_ON 0 // For all extruders

// Disables axis when it's not being used.
#define DISABLE_X false
#define DISABLE_Y false
#define DISABLE_Z false
#define DISABLE_E false // For all extruders

//#define INVERT_X_DIR true    // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_X_DIR false    // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true : C.Luck 031416 set to false for Mendel
#define INVERT_Y_DIR false    // for Mendel set to true, for Orca set to false
#define INVERT_Z_DIR true     // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
#define INVERT_E0_DIR false   // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E1_DIR false    // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
#define INVERT_E2_DIR false   // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

#define min_software_endstops true //If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.
#define max_software_endstops true  //If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.

// Travel limits after homing
//#define X_MAX_POS 200  //original value
#define X_MAX_POS 220  // C.Luck 031416 : changed for actual X bed size
#define X_MIN_POS 0
//#define Y_MAX_POS 270  //original value
#define Y_MAX_POS 275  // C.Luck 031416 : changed for actual Z bed size
#define Y_MIN_POS 0
//#define Z_MAX_POS 180
#define Z_MAX_POS 180 // C. Luck 031416 : changed for actual max Z height less 10mm
#define Z_MIN_POS 0

#define X_MAX_LENGTH (X_MAX_POS - X_MIN_POS)
#define Y_MAX_LENGTH (Y_MAX_POS - Y_MIN_POS)
#define Z_MAX_LENGTH (Z_MAX_POS - Z_MIN_POS)

// The position of the homing switches
//#define MANUAL_HOME_POSITIONS  // If defined, MANUAL_*_HOME_POS below will be used
//#define BED_CENTER_AT_0_0  // If defined, the center of the bed is at (X=0, Y=0)

//Manual homing switch locations:
#define MANUAL_X_HOME_POS 0
#define MANUAL_Y_HOME_POS 0
#define MANUAL_Z_HOME_POS 0

//// MOVEMENT SETTINGS
#define NUM_AXIS 4 // The axis order in all axis related arrays is X, Y, Z, E
#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {50*60, 50*60, 4*60, 0}  // set the homing speeds (mm/min)

////// Default Movemet Settings : Step Units, Feedrate, Acceration Settings

// 1) defalt steps per unit for HICTOP Prusa i3 steps/mm = //80.00,80.00,2556,94.40
// 2) default steps per unit for ultimaker steps/mm = //78.7402,78.7402,1070,865.88
//#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {80,80,2560,94.4962144}  //origianl values
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT   {80,80,2556,95.8}      // C.Luck 031416 : X, Y, Z, E (steps per unit(mm))
// 1) deault feedrate for HICTOP Prusa = //500,500,5,25
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE          {500, 500, 5, 25}     // X, Y, Z, E (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      {9000,9000,100,10000}  // X, Y, Z, E - maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

//#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          3000    // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          1200  // C.luck 031416 : set default accel (BB-8 builders group)
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  3000   // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for r retracts

// Offset of the extruders (uncomment if using more than one and relying on firmware to position when changing).
// The offset has to be X=0, Y=0 for the extruder 0 hotend (default extruder).
// For the other hotends it is their distance from the extruder 0 hotend.
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, 20.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 5.00}  // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

// The speed change that does not require acceleration (i.e. the software might assume it can be done instanteneously)
#define DEFAULT_XYJERK                20.0    // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK                 0.4     // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK                 5.0    // (mm/sec)

//=============================Additional Features===========================

// EEPROM
// the microcontroller can store settings in the EEPROM, e.g. max velocity...
// M500 - stores paramters in EEPROM
// M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).
// M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings".  You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.
//define this to enable eeprom support
//#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
#define EEPROM_SETTINGS // C.Luck 031416 - enable EEPROM write permissions
//to disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
// please keep turned on if you can.
//#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT
#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT  // C.Luck 031416 - enable EEPROM write permissions

// Preheat Constants
#define PLA_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 200
#define PLA_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 0
#define PLA_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 255   // Insert Value between 0 and 255

#define ABS_PREHEAT_HOTEND_TEMP 245
//#define ABS_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 80  //original value
#define ABS_PREHEAT_HPB_TEMP 0  // C.Luck 031416 : do not pre-heat the bed
//#define ABS_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 255   // Insert Value between 0 and 255
#define ABS_PREHEAT_FAN_SPEED 0  // C.Luck 031416 - no fan needed for ABS

//LCD and SD support
//#define ULTRA_LCD  //general lcd support, also 16x2
//#define DOGLCD  // Support for SPI LCD 128x64 (Controller ST7565R graphic Display Family)
//#define SDSUPPORT // Enable SD Card Support in Hardware Console
//#define SDSLOW // Use slower SD transfer mode (not normally needed - uncomment if you're getting volume init error)

//#define ULTIMAKERCONTROLLER //as available from the ultimaker online store.
//#define ULTIPANEL  //the ultipanel as on thingiverse

// The RepRapDiscount Smart Controller (white PCB)
// http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapDiscount_Smart_Controller
#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER

// The GADGETS3D G3D LCD/SD Controller (blue PCB)
// http://reprap.org/wiki/RAMPS_1.3/1.4_GADGETS3D_Shield_with_Panel
//#define G3D_PANEL

// The RepRapDiscount FULL GRAPHIC Smart Controller (quadratic white PCB)
// http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapDiscount_Full_Graphic_Smart_Controller
//
// ==> REMEMBER TO INSTALL U8glib to your ARDUINO library folder: http://code.google.com/p/u8glib/wiki/u8glib
//#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

// The RepRapWorld REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD v1.1
// http://reprapworld.com/?products_details&products_id=202&cPath=1591_1626
//#define REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD
//#define REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD_MOVE_STEP 10.0 // how much should be moved when a key is pressed, eg 10.0 means 10mm per click

//automatic expansion
#if defined (REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER)
 #define DOGLCD
 #define U8GLIB_ST7920
 #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER
#endif

#if defined(ULTIMAKERCONTROLLER) || defined(REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER) || defined(G3D_PANEL)
 #define ULTIPANEL
 #define NEWPANEL
#endif

#if defined(REPRAPWORLD_KEYPAD)
  #define NEWPANEL
  #define ULTIPANEL
#endif

//I2C PANELS

//#define LCD_I2C_SAINSMART_YWROBOT
#ifdef LCD_I2C_SAINSMART_YWROBOT
  // This uses the LiquidCrystal_I2C library ( https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/new-liquidcrystal/wiki/Home )
  // Make sure it is placed in the Arduino libraries directory.
  #define LCD_I2C_TYPE_PCF8575
  #define LCD_I2C_ADDRESS 0x27   // I2C Address of the port expander
  #define NEWPANEL
  #define ULTIPANEL
#endif

// PANELOLU2 LCD with status LEDs, separate encoder and click inputs
//#define LCD_I2C_PANELOLU2
#ifdef LCD_I2C_PANELOLU2
  // This uses the LiquidTWI2 library v1.2.3 or later ( https://github.com/lincomatic/LiquidTWI2 )
  // Make sure the LiquidTWI2 directory is placed in the Arduino or Sketchbook libraries subdirectory.
  // (v1.2.3 no longer requires you to define PANELOLU in the LiquidTWI2.h library header file)
  // Note: The PANELOLU2 encoder click input can either be directly connected to a pin
  //       (if BTN_ENC defined to != -1) or read through I2C (when BTN_ENC == -1).
  #define LCD_I2C_TYPE_MCP23017
  #define LCD_I2C_ADDRESS 0x20 // I2C Address of the port expander
  #define LCD_USE_I2C_BUZZER //comment out to disable buzzer on LCD
  #define NEWPANEL
  #define ULTIPANEL
#endif

// Panucatt VIKI LCD with status LEDs, integrated click & L/R/U/P buttons, separate encoder inputs
//#define LCD_I2C_VIKI
#ifdef LCD_I2C_VIKI
  // This uses the LiquidTWI2 library v1.2.3 or later ( https://github.com/lincomatic/LiquidTWI2 )
  // Make sure the LiquidTWI2 directory is placed in the Arduino or Sketchbook libraries subdirectory.
  // Note: The pause/stop/resume LCD button pin should be connected to the Arduino
  //       BTN_ENC pin (or set BTN_ENC to -1 if not used)
  #define LCD_I2C_TYPE_MCP23017
  #define LCD_I2C_ADDRESS 0x20 // I2C Address of the port expander
  #define LCD_USE_I2C_BUZZER //comment out to disable buzzer on LCD (requires LiquidTWI2 v1.2.3 or later)
  #define NEWPANEL
  #define ULTIPANEL
#endif

#ifdef ULTIPANEL
//  #define NEWPANEL  //enable this if you have a click-encoder panel
  #define SDSUPPORT
  #define ULTRA_LCD
  #ifdef DOGLCD // Change number of lines to match the DOG graphic display
    #define LCD_WIDTH 20
    #define LCD_HEIGHT 5
  #else
    #define LCD_WIDTH 20
    #define LCD_HEIGHT 4
  #endif
#else //no panel but just lcd
  #ifdef ULTRA_LCD
  #ifdef DOGLCD // Change number of lines to match the 128x64 graphics display
    #define LCD_WIDTH 20
    #define LCD_HEIGHT 5
  #else
    #define LCD_WIDTH 16
    #define LCD_HEIGHT 2
  #endif
  #endif
#endif

// Increase the FAN pwm frequency. Removes the PWM noise but increases heating in the FET/Arduino
//#define FAST_PWM_FAN

// M240  Triggers a camera by emulating a Canon RC-1 Remote
// Data from: http://www.doc-diy.net/photo/rc-1_hacked/
// #define PHOTOGRAPH_PIN     23

// SF send wrong arc g-codes when using Arc Point as fillet procedure
//#define SF_ARC_FIX

// Support for the BariCUDA Paste Extruder.
//#define BARICUDA

/*********************************************************************\
* R/C SERVO support
* Sponsored by TrinityLabs, Reworked by codexmas
**********************************************************************/

// Number of servos
//
// If you select a configuration below, this will receive a default value and does not need to be set manually
// set it manually if you have more servos than extruders and wish to manually control some
// leaving it undefined or defining as 0 will disable the servo subsystem
// If unsure, leave commented / disabled
//
// #define NUM_SERVOS 3

#include "Configuration_adv.h"
#include "thermistortables.h"

#endif //__CONFIGURATION_H
Comments are welcome.
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Re: HICTOP - Software : Github = real deal

Post by Chip Luck »

Gave up on the 'China' source code for Marlin as it appeared modified and un-stable. Downloaded the latest 1.0.x version of Marlin from github and it compiled with no issues at all. Trust mfg, or github? Well <= github has my vote. Now onto testing, so far so good and a lot more functionallity.

Been there, done that. Once a device is finally shipped the actual executable or binary is as delivered and locked down time of release. Interesting how much money companies make going into the field and 'up-grading' the software after final delivery and sign-off.

[edit] SD card still not working, no long prints for now until debug completed.

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/1.0.x
martin-bienz
Reactions:

Post by martin-bienz »

Hey Chip, can you make sure that SD - Card makes contant? Try to press it in and hold it (not to strong) while entering the menu. Also, change the SD - Card just to make sure. Maybe also press on the sd card reader a bit while sd - card is inserted... My guess, it's hw. But can't be sure of course...
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Post by Chip Luck »

martin-bienz wrote:Hey Chip, can you make sure that SD - Card makes contant? Try to press it in and hold it (not to strong) while entering the menu. Also, change the SD - Card just to make sure. Maybe also press on the sd card reader a bit while sd - card is inserted... My guess, it's hw. But can't be sure of course...
Thanks... already tried all of that procedure. The SD card I was using before update worked fine, however again : insert card get "Card inserted" on LCD, then "No SD card", remove SD and "Card removed". Merlin does recognize the card with the above messages however still will not read it. Winblows reads/writes fine to the card, as in the past.

I'm at a loss, otherwise the new Merlin updated firmware is working fine, with Repetier host running...

[edit] 03.20.2016 : happy camper! Merlin 1.1.0-RC3 on HICTOP i3 now working wonderful! See latest in thread...
Last edited by Chip Luck on March 20th, 2016, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Re: HICTOP - Software : Merlin 1.1.0-RC3 completed!

Post by Chip Luck »

Finally, after a few days of review, research and coding my HIC i3 is performing wonderfully!

Made a re-start after trying to debug the 'China' supplied source code for the HICTOP i3 printer. Decided to go with the official version of Marlin from Github. Used the latest stable release of Marlin 1.1.0-RC3 as the base source code to edit the configuration.h and other header files, also tweaked a few settings in other source files to bring this printer to life.

So far:
o SD card support is 100%, you can now remove/insert the card at anytime and all files on SD card are now accessible. No more need to power off the printer, insert the card and power the printer on to be able to read it. =FIXED
o LCD rotary control has been improved, the steps with the rotary dial have been fixed, you now have better fine control over the settings, before it was about 5 steps in software per 1 step on the control, made it difficult to fine tune speeds, accel, or temps. =FIXED.
o USB communication with IDE or HOST software no longer 'drops data', nor has any more issues with lag, port issues, etc. =FIXED
o EEPROM write function enabled, now can store parameters into the EEPROM with HOST software or the LCD panel. This is a big time saver! =FIXED
o Defualt HIC i3 default settings on boot now stored. Another time saver. =FIXED

Having too much fun making it work. My printer = love it now! Much better padwan...
New home screen
New home screen
EEPROM store/read now available
EEPROM store/read now available
Last edited by Chip Luck on March 21st, 2016, 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
martin-bienz
Reactions:

Post by martin-bienz »

Great Chip, good job! This will for sure help others.
Chip Luck
Reactions:

Post by Chip Luck »

martin-bienz wrote:Great Chip, good job! This will for sure help others.
Thanks! Now to get the thing re-calibrated and should be good to go.

I also changed out the 12V 20amp power supply with a 12V 30 amp PSU as the voltage was sagging with poor power regulation seeing the voltage drop as low as 9.45 volts with bed and nozzle heat on(!), now it stays at 11.94V min and the bed and nozzle heat up quicker and maintain better temp's.

Also installed new stainless steel and STRAIGHT z-axis threaded rods and new couplers along with replacing some of the table and z-axis bearings to tighten things up. Then, a updated filament fan along with wrapping the hot end with Teflon tape.

Return to “Software and Firmware Discussion”