3Dsolex Matchless Nozzles

Doesn't fit a specific category here? Place it here!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

3Dsolex Matchless Nozzles

Post by LePaul »

Interesting to read about them

I'm curious about the difference between a standard 0.4 nozzle and a Matchless 0.4 nozzle on an UMO (which they indicate will work)
Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Re: 3Dsolex Matchless Nozzles

Post by Meduza »

I dont know what part you find intresting about the read, to me that page is mostly just marketing talk with no real information...

About the difference... Well i took this picture to show you the difference (picture is of the 1.5mm nozzle, but the principle is the same):
20160715_111117-1.jpg
I have not had time to try them yet, so i cannot say anything about the performance, but the finish and quality seems pretty good.
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Post by Neotko »

I got mines on a box waiting for a break on production to actually test something.

The part I don't like it's that there's no push holes for the sensor/heater on the shiny um2 block.

Anyhow the idea of using more metal contacting the filament makes sense that should work, but I don't think that the um2 block would actually be better, apart of the shiny look and precision on manufacturing it.
Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Post by Meduza »

Nah, i do not believe the block are measurably better than the regular olsson block at all honestly, so i do not see any point at all in upgrading a UM2+ or a UM2 that already got the Olsson block, especially since there is no push holes and that means that the heater and sensor might be impossible to get out in undamaged condition...

The nozzles, well i do not think that the chamfered edge that should contact the block would make much of a difference, but the longer thread might do a bit of a difference, and the inner two-hole shape is quite intresting and might make a measureable difference, especially in 0.8mm and larger where there is very real problems with the core not melting, i will probably test them against regular olsson block nozzles from the later batches and maybe even against a nozzle from e3d when i find some time :-)
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I'm trying to figure out the two hole part....
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Post by Neotko »

@meduza I think tou are spot on. Also this kind of stuff I miss when 80% of the experts also sell this stuff :D

LePaul the two holes are holes near the end of the entrance of the heat/pt100 that allows the user to push them so they can be easily taken out. (Sorry bad English)

I have one on a box waiting, but so far I'm only interested on testing the nozzle 0.4 and see if I can keep the gloss finish at less temps, anyhow I have more pressing problems with the i2k and the pla-tec. I think I finally need a bondtech to keep the production rate with this weird filament.
gudo
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2 Extended

Post by gudo »

Neotko wrote:I got mines on a box waiting for a break on production to actually test something.

The part I don't like it's that there's no push holes for the sensor/heater on the shiny um2 block.

Anyhow the idea of using more metal contacting the filament makes sense that should work, but I don't think that the um2 block would actually be better, apart of the shiny look and precision on manufacturing it.
Hi !
more metal makes sense , it's not shiny and it works
Anders ! apologies for customize a bit the heat block
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Day by day, I start to think....What can't Gudo do? :)
gudo
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2 Extended

Post by gudo »

LePaul wrote:Day by day, I start to think....What can't Gudo do? :)
It’s not to copy 3D Solex
This customization has a story :oops:
It started with a mistake I did in machining the PBI coupler
I was too hurried, I tapped it at M6X1 pitch instead of M6X 0.75 to match the Olsson block, to save my job, I had the only one solution to customize theOlsson block, I removed the threaded portion of 0.75 pitch and welded a new one with a 1 pitch taking from an old nozzle, by doing this and as I considered the front of the heat block was a bit too tangent the nozzle threaded housing , I found sense to add more material on it for getting better heat distribution around the nozzle. :roll:
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by ivan.akapulko »

gudo wrote:
LePaul wrote:Day by day, I start to think....What can't Gudo do? :)
It’s not to copy 3D Solex
This customization has a story :oops:
It started with a mistake I did in machining the PBI coupler
I was too hurried, I tapped it at M6X1 pitch instead of M6X 0.75 to match the Olsson block, to save my job, I had the only one solution to customize theOlsson block, I removed the threaded portion of 0.75 pitch and welded a new one with a 1 pitch taking from an old nozzle, by doing this and as I considered the front of the heat block was a bit too tangent the nozzle threaded housing , I found sense to add more material on it for getting better heat distribution around the nozzle. :roll:
Holy sh*t! You have a gold hands, man!
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

Meduza wrote:I dont know what part you find intresting about the read, to me that page is mostly just marketing talk with no real information...

About the difference... Well i took this picture to show you the difference (picture is of the 1.5mm nozzle, but the principle is the same):
20160715_111117-1.jpg

I have not had time to try them yet, so i cannot say anything about the performance, but the finish and quality seems pretty good.
Whats benefits from this double hole design? Just cant understand it....
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Same here!

I read the marketing hype but little empirical data / before and after stories to 'sell' me on it
Dim3nsioneer
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original, 2, 2+, 2 Ext+, 3, S5, Form 2

Post by Dim3nsioneer »

ivan.akapulko wrote: Whats benefits from this double hole design? Just cant understand it....
A more homogeneous melt-up of the filament which results in apparent lower printing temperature. It's because the surface of the heat transfer section is changed. That's the idea.
reibuehl
Reactions:

Post by reibuehl »

The idea with the two holes is actually not to have two holes but rather some metal in the middle of the plastic stream that helps heating up the filament from the inside - more heated surface in contact with the filament.
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

reibuehl wrote:The idea with the two holes is actually not to have two holes but rather some metal in the middle of the plastic stream that helps heating up the filament from the inside - more heated surface in contact with the filament.
when changing the filament it does not create unnecessary problems?

Return to “General Filament & Nozzle chat”