Design theory and chaos

Anything you want to chat about...it doesn't have to be related to 3D printing!
Frederik
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original plus

Design theory and chaos

Post by Frederik »

Dear forum!

Knowing, that you are all coming from the most diverse professional backgrounds and posses a lot of different skills, I would love to get some opinions!

Currently I am studying for a Master's degree in »Communication Design and Product Design« at University of Applied Sciences Aachen.
Half a year ago a colleague of mine and me wrote a book about chaos and design (in german) and as I have just finished translating it to english I wanted to share it with you! I am not a native speaker the translation still needs to go through a professional proofreading, however :)

At its core, we are asking questions regarding the prevalent state of design theory and where we see the limitations in them, but we are touching a lot of different sciences surrounding design and creativity in general. The subject may sound somewhat narrow and specialized, but we tried our best to keep it in a popular scientific domain.

Feel free to comment, criticize and ask anything!

The document can be downloaded here: Chaos Design english pdf 25mb

Edit: Of course there is the German version Chaos Design deutsch pdf 25mb

I hope some of you enjoy reading it!
Frederik
Last edited by Frederik on April 10th, 2017, 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonnybischof
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Re: Design theory and chaos

Post by jonnybischof »

Quite an interesting topic! It's a huge read though (for someone who hasn't read a book in like 10 years...) and I only got about 20 pages so far :P
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by ivan.akapulko »

Great job, Frederik! If you interested, i can try to translate it to russian in my spare time. Taught German in school, and fluent in English reading.
Frederik
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original plus

Post by Frederik »

Thanks guys! I appreciate that :)
Maybe I should have included the german version in the post above, but did not really think about it since everything here is in english...
Edited the original post accordingly.
Regarding a translation to Russian: Why not!
I am still not too sharp on the actual purpose of our findings and the "where to go next", but thought it might be worth sharing with anyone willing to take a bite.

Return to “Off Topics!”