Damn good reason to buy Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Anything you want to chat about...it doesn't have to be related to 3D printing!
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Damn good reason to buy Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Post by ivan.akapulko »

@LePaul, look at this beauty: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/index.php
Have not tried it, the installer still download from the Internet.

LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Damn good reason to buy Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Post by LePaul »

I've tried those games. Sadly my video cards are ideal for Solidworks but not great for games. (I have two 1gb Quadro cards in my workstaton)

Gives Aces High a try (http://www.hitechcreations.com/)
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

LePaul wrote:I've tried those games. Sadly my video cards are ideal for Solidworks but not great for games. (I have two 1gb Quadro cards in my workstaton)

Gives Aces High a try (http://www.hitechcreations.com/)
Great, they have airacobra and i-16! How accurate physical model?
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Very....well, never flown the real thing....but they strive to have the same, accurate characteristics....some are pretty complex to fly, land and varies with your fuel and weapon loadout
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

Just checked my old Saitek х52, I'll need to fix the sensor of throttle unit. I'll try another joystick from Logitech, but without the dedicated throttle, I feel, it will be very unusual expirience.
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

Yummy, x52 support both of them!
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

My X52 is spiking badly on the wrist swivel (rudder). I have it damped as far as I can go...I got 9 years out of it....time for a new one! And a new PC...but right now, printers are more in demand :)

There's so many planes to chose from. I fly online a few times a week. I tag along with a squad (Wings of Terror) for 6 years now. I tend to love flying the bombers (no big demand on the rudder!)....the B-17 and Lancaster are my favorites. But I also like the Ar-234 (German jet bomber) I'll go hunt for a carrier group and if I get spotted by a Spitfire or Folke Wolf, I just push up the throttle :)
jonnybischof
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by jonnybischof »

/OT

That's one reason why I don't like Solidworks - it really wants you to buy a Quadro / FireGL card for a ridiculous price and no gain whatsoever. I slapped my old GTX680 into my office workstation (removing some puny low-end quadro) and now SpaceClaim RUNS with maximum quality and anti alias settings on DX11. It's super-smooth even with large assemblies.

/OT off

btw: it would run fine on my office workstation now ;)
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I bought this old workstation on eBay...someone told me about a few auctions he saw, people liquidating yesterday's equipment (probably lease over) as they had just bought newer stuff.

I bought an HP Workstation xw8400, it had dual 3 ghz Xeon processors (newer models had dual quad core). What my eBay lurking friend pointed out is that unlike the lot that got big money for them, this one was mis-spelled....they spelled Workstation wrong. So I was the lone bidder for $399 and they even included free shipping. The 'correctly spelled' ones sold for $750+ and even the seller emailed to say "Wow...you got a deal!"

It's old by today's standards but in 2008 it was pretty sweet :) I put a Samsung EVO SSD in it, so it boots quickly. Windows 10 is on it and that seems to work alright. I put 16gb of RAM in it and SolidWorks was pretty happy with it for a few version. (What little I know how to do in SW)

And the Quadros can do some gaming...you just have to settle for the lower settings since the processors/gpu's aren't crazy fast for gaming use
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

LePaul wrote:My X52 is spiking badly on the wrist swivel (rudder). I have it damped as far as I can go...I got 9 years out of it....time for a new one! And a new PC...but right now, printers are more in demand :)

There's so many planes to chose from. I fly online a few times a week. I tag along with a squad (Wings of Terror) for 6 years now. I tend to love flying the bombers (no big demand on the rudder!)....the B-17 and Lancaster are my favorites. But I also like the Ar-234 (German jet bomber) I'll go hunt for a carrier group and if I get spotted by a Spitfire or Folke Wolf, I just push up the throttle :)
I have a small wrist,so I've never encountered. Also think about replacing Saitek on something new. in mind two options: Thrustmaster and this absolutely wild tech: http://gostratojet.com/Gladiator/index.html Before that I wanted to order the Black Fat Mamba from VKB, but in that moment, plans changed and it was not until the joysticks.Unfortunately, now it was removed from production.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Thrustmaster has always made exceptional controllers. I recall having one in the 90s!

They are very expensive controllers now, so you certainly make an investment when you buy one now

The Saitek has been pretty good. Given how much use mine got and the many years it served, I'm not terribly surprised it is failing

Return to “Off Topics!”