Logo help for my new project

Anything you want to chat about...it doesn't have to be related to 3D printing!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Logo help for my new project

Post by LePaul »

Not for this forum...another domain I own and have wanted to do something fun with

I've had a YouTube channel for years, largely video blog posts from my R2-D2 build and some of the 3D printing.

I had a conversation with a couple friends a while back and then nudged me into getting back into it. Over the past few months I've invested in some studio lighting and a DSLR (Canon T3i) than would work great for HD video.

For content...plenty of items, not just 3D printing. With so many fun projects going on...BB-8, more R2-D2 tweaks, cosplay stuff and more...I'm sure my peers and I can make it a fun channel.

There's a couple channels I follow daily...

Thomas Sanladerer - He's very scientific/engineering minded...and if something is crap, he calls it out. He's very direct and I like that. Sometimes he can be a bit dry, but he does manage to keep it entertaining.

3D Printing Nerd - This guy is very odd. He looks like he just rolled out of bed, his videos show his home/room/shop is an absolute wreck...yet he manages to get free stuff sent to him! But, he always seems to place a positive spin on stuff that is crap. It seems like he is trying not to bite the hand that feeds him? Still, he usually has some good information here and there, despite him not really having his thoughts together

Barnacules Nerdgasm - He's loud, sometimes funny, sometimes annoying...but he does a good job on the production/editing of his videos. If you can look beyond his loud personality, he usually provides some good information mixed in with some juvenile humor. It's essentially a geeky version of Jackass sometimes :)

...and there are others I like to follow, but these three are the ones I watch most.

Anyways...if you're good with graphic design/logos, drop me a PM. I can share some more details privately :)
jonnybischof
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Re: Logo help for my new project

Post by jonnybischof »

Ha! There you see the difference between a normal person and a true nerd - "He looks like he just rolled out of bed, his videos show his home/room/shop is an absolute wreck..."
A true nerd doesn't even notice that stuff :P

Gotta check him out some time (currently my youtube time goes 95% into the Heroes of the Storm channel. They have so many tournaments lately that you can just keep going on watching...).
Shoot a link to your own channel as well so that we can subscribe!

/about the topic:
I'm pretty much useless when it comes to logo design. My attempts aways look like those of a 12 years old with questionable talent :P
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I've got a photographer friend helping me out with some ideas, he came over the other day.

Lot's of good ideas. Of course the new kitten was the star of the show, she's pretty fearless and kept wanting to be in his lap
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by ivan.akapulko »

Its about "Paul's projects" channel?
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Creating a new one, Ivan

Paul's Projects started just as a video blog of my R2 build. Then I tossed in my 3d printing and other topics in there.

This will be something new, a bit more polished and fun :)
Frederik
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original plus

Post by Frederik »

I dropped you a PM - in case you are still looking for some help with your project.
Feel free to contact me anytime.

Regards, Frederik
DavidLu45
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hercules

Post by DavidLu45 »

Are these sources reliable for choosing a 3d printer? I want to choose a good one and I want to rely on the opinion of professionals https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-3d-printers, https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-3d-printers,review-2236.html, http://craftyhangouts.com/best-3d-printer-under-2000/.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

DavidLu45 wrote: February 26th, 2021, 3:31 am Are these sources reliable for choosing a 3d printer? [/url].
I would say they are Incomplete!
This being said the answer is they show only a small spectrum of the available 3D Printers.
These list do not have a single 3D Printer that I would have chosen for my forth 3D Printer for my workshop.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I wouldn't rely on PC Mag for 3D Printing. I mean, they go it wrong on PCs and Laser Printers for many, many years :)

I'd check the YouTube offerings on popular 3D Printers. Teaching Tech and a few other big channels see a lot of machines in and out (and actually test them).

Return to “Off Topics!”