Noob with tons of questions

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Noob with tons of questions

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Well! I have two Hictop 270 x 220 x 190 both were around $200.00 both have Printed everything have tried to Print.
I even printed a 100mm bridging test print to see if it could be done by this 3D Pinter, with complete success.

https://www.thingiverse.com/make:373631
GlassOnion
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): n/a

Post by GlassOnion »

LePaul wrote: July 27th, 2018, 2:09 pm What are you looking to print? Small? Big? Design your own pieces? Or just testing the 3D printing waters?
Small for now, design my own, and of course testing out the 3d printer arena since it is very new to me.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

Amazon has a few Hictop printers, mostly CR10 series (CR-10 for $439). I also don't recommend the $300 price range, as they can be more of a PITA and a waste of money. For example, when I bought my 3DP-17, I bought my son an M3D (his choice). His printer ran 1/4 speed of mine, and lasted 120 days before embedding the print head into the printer frame. Plus it had a serious issue just printing a circle/cylinder.

I have printed some very nicely detailed D&D characters with both of my printers, along with a lot of other detailed prints. Both of them work quite well when I need them.

Good luck on your search. Please let us know what you end up with. We will try to help you where/when we can once you get one. Happy printing!

Here's an album of some of my better prints (and a few failures - yes you will have these).
GlassOnion
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): n/a

Post by GlassOnion »

Gentlemen, I appreciate you time and efforts to push me along to way to a new 3d printer. I will return, as I am sure my questions will not cease once I have a printer in hand.

Again, thanks for the help all.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

You are Most Welcome.

The Forum is here to help you get more confused than you were before you started.

Whoops! I mean we are here to help you learn 3D Printing from the basics to the most extreme advanced levels.
While you are learning, along the way you can also help others with what you have learned to fix their 3D Printers.
Last edited by Roberts_Clif on June 24th, 2019, 11:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
ElsaCline
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker S5

Post by ElsaCline »

Hi...the filament will only go by the gear if the extruder lever is released. But oyu can only getr the filament to the right spot by having the lever pushed down. You want the power off so the gear will turn from the filament pushing by it.

turnkey pcb assembly

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”