Custom printer racks

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Custom printer racks

Post by GrueMaster »

I have a friend that has a rather impressive collection of machine shop tools (take my word for it - impressive barely scratches the surface). He was wondering (due to my interest in 3D printing) if there was any interest in having customized 3D printer racks that can be shipped and assembled on-site. I know a lot of people go buy something from Ikea or one of the big home improvement stores (Home Depot, Lowes, etc), but this could be something designed around the printers we use. I would guess that the average user here that has >1 printer would need something to handle CR-10 and similar size (Ultimaker 3, etc), but smaller would also be a consideration (how many Dice printers can you stack vertically?).

He mainly wants to do this to test new automation ideas and tooling. He already has an automated assembly line that takes sheet metal in one end and pushes out server rack chassis with welds, bends, through holes, wire tie-offs, threaded standoffs, etc., all handled robotically.

The costs would be unbelievably low due to his automation techniques. For example, the server rack chassis he makes are ~$1k-$2K less than anything I can have made at another machine shop.

He is building a website for some of his other products now that he sells for computer test farms, audio systems, diesel fuel injectors, and a range of other things.

If there is interest, let me know and we'll move forward.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Custom printer racks

Post by LePaul »

Post some pictures of his design/ideas
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Re: Custom printer racks

Post by GrueMaster »

Haven't gotten that far yet. Will have to sit down and formulate some ideas. Just wanted to see if there was interest in this type of thing.

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”