LokBuild print surface

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

LokBuild print surface

Post by LePaul »

Just installed LokBuild on the CR-10 and FT-5, which does two good things...a great print surface and helps a bit with the not so perfectly level beds on each printer.

Web Site (http://www.lokbuild.com/)

Basically $29 a sheet and I have heard a lot of good feedback about this stuff. Diluted wood glue works perfect on the Ultimaker being enclosed. However the movement of the CR-10 and open air of the FT-5 seem to be a challenge. Hairspray works well but I thought it was time to try something else out.

They advise two things that caught my eye....bed heat not required (but I will still use!) and that the bed doesn't have to be super close, like flat filament on first layer, for good adhesion.

In reading reviews, one gent mentioned it works too good on large prints with a large footprint on the first layer. Since most everything I am printing is tall and not a huge footprint, that's fine. I had one 35 hour print lift a little bit towards the end, ruining the part. This will prevent that from happening again!

Here's some info from their website

LePaul
Reactions:

Re: LokBuild print surface

Post by LePaul »

Did a test print of a spoon, not much print area to hold it, without supports....but it did it.
lokbuildtest.jpg
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

My review!

Chaco
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HyperCube & Hictop Prusa i3 3DP-08

Post by Chaco »

wonder how it compares to BuildTak
after i went to it i havent looked back.. just sucks it doesnt work with Nylon. which i then use glue stick anyways.... and i can get a 5pck of 8*10 for $58
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Never used BuildTak but LokBuild was enormously difficult to get prints off of. I tried varying the z height, as they advise. Same issues.

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”