E3D Titan / v6 Aero Upgrade

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

E3D Titan / v6 Aero Upgrade

Post by LePaul »

What a long evening trying to sort this out!

Bought the Aero Upgrade and pretty much expected some documentation on what to do. Nothing. Went to their Wiki and the steps are all messed up. But I think despite the mess, I got it all together correctly
IMG_7526.JPG
This will go into my FT-5, which I'm still putting together. My first 1.75 mm filament user and a pancake motor as well.
Xeno
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker original enlarged

Re: E3D Titan / v6 Aero Upgrade

Post by Xeno »

Looks good, I'm also happy with mine, less wobble in the head because it is a lot shorter.

Be careful with the extra small bearing you had to insert into the alu part, I already lost mine (don't ask), as it is not tight in the hole, luckily the old plastic cover had exact the same bearing :)
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: E3D Titan / v6 Aero Upgrade

Post by LePaul »

The bearing snapped right in.

The build process was really maddening. I had to screw/unscrew the nozzle many times to get the print head aligned right. That's always a fun game!

I found if I focused on getting the Aero and Titan together, then it was a matter of aligning with the steel gear on the pancake motor. Once I had three long screws all the way through the Aero/Titan and through the 713maker mount, then it was the gentle alignment to the pancake. It's really hard to describe. Much like doing a Rubik's cube. At the end, you're happy the advance knob moves the pancake shaft. I'm not sure how "freely" that should move, so I backed off the long screw that goes through it a tiny bit. The real test will be once powered up.

Be sure to print this and insert it onto the lever hole (where the pancake motor shaft pokes out)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2372848

Takes about 2 minutes and makes for a flush finish against the Aero

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”