Confused Newbie

Discussion of ANY 3D printing topic you desire!
toolmaker62
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): None Yet

Confused Newbie

Post by toolmaker62 »

I'm new to the 3d printing world, but I have been a CNC machinist for over 30 years. I have been looking to purchase a new printer and I have some things I want. I would like it mostly assembled, A decent size print area, like 220x200x200. It has to be enclosed, and I would like it to have filters for the fans. Good tech support. Price in the $1000 to $1500 dollar range. I want to be able to print PLA, ABS TPU, Ninjaflex, Nylon and Carbon Fiber. it should have hardened nozzles for purchase. I have been looking at the BIBO2 and the Qidi X-Plus. USB, Network or Wifi connectivity.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: Confused Newbie

Post by Roberts_Clif »

Mainly on this forum we deal with 3D Printing.

I am building a MPCNC from V1 Engineering Kits Available.
I plan to use it for 3D Printing larger Parts, I will be using it as a CNC simply because it has that ability.
There is a lot to watch on YouTube on this new MPCNC

I like the ability to etch my own Circuit boards, for Use on my 3D Printers.
1: Using a Dremel
2: Draw the circuit traces with a Etch resistant Pen

An the ability to create my own aluminum parts, for Use on my 3D Printers. Heat Blocks, Hot-ends, Trims, Braces, Carriages, Ect.....
toolmaker62
Reactions:

Post by toolmaker62 »

Sorry, I guess I left out some info. I only mentioned that I was a machinist, meaning that G code is not a problem for me. I am asking about 3D printers and suggestions on what to buy.

Sorry for the confusion.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Post by Roberts_Clif »

There are so many it is sometime difficult to set a starting point. Without more information.
What is the largest models you will be wanting to work with. Do you have a preference of materials. " PLA, ABS, PETG ect..."
toolmaker62
Reactions:

Post by toolmaker62 »

I would like to print mostly pls, but every type of Filament would be the best. I did put all of the specs that I’m looking for in my original post.

Thanks for your help.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

For what you describe, I'd suggest an Ultimaker 2+ New they go for $2400 but you can probably find one used or refurbished for less. (Fabrc8 is the facility in Tennessee that makes the Ultimakers in North America. They appear sold out at the moment but I'd keep an eye on their page https://fbrc8.com/pages/refurbs )
Erika11
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Digital Beam Melting

Post by Erika11 »

Roberts_Clif wrote: May 16th, 2019, 9:47 am Mainly on this forum we deal with 3D Printing.

I am building a MPCNC from V1 Engineering click here Kits Available.
I plan to use it for 3D Printing larger Parts, I will be using it as a CNC simply because it has that ability.
There is a lot to watch on YouTube on this new MPCNC

I like the ability to etch my own Circuit boards, for Use on my 3D Printers.
1: Using a Dremel
2: Draw the circuit traces with a Etch resistant Pen

An the ability to create my own aluminum parts, for Use on my 3D Printers. Heat Blocks, Hot-ends, Trims, Braces, Carriages, Ect.....

Thanks! It is help me too.

Return to “General 3D Printing Conversation”