Power supply issue

Discussion of General / RepRap style printers! FDM/FFF printers that aren't gigantic!
mpoling
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): HICTOP Prusa i3 3DP17

Power supply issue

Post by mpoling »

Hi everyone,
I built a HICTOP i3 Prusa model 3DP-17 with auto bed levelling and filament monitor and put everything together. The control board and LCD work fine when plugged into USB, but the power supply only works if I disconnect the power supply from the control board. As soon as I connect the control board, the power supply LED shuts off and fan stops. There is no motor or heater activity at all.
I used a multimeter on the power supply. I get 115V at the cable from the wall, and at each connector, I get 23.9 V DC. I have double checked the polarity and it is correct. Any ideas?
Thanks
Mike Poling
Last edited by mpoling on August 12th, 2016, 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mpoling
Reactions:

Re: Power supply issue

Post by mpoling »

A bit more info, when I connect the control board to the power supply, my multimeter then read 0.06 at both the power supply connector AND the control board end of the wires.
Is this, then, the PSU that has failed? Why do I get 23.9 V when the control board ISN'T connected then?
mpoling
Reactions:

Re: Power supply issue

Post by mpoling »

Found the issue-the labels on the connectors were printed wrong. Took a chance and reversed the polarity (put +'ve to -'ve) and it worked fine now.

Return to “General / RepRap Printers”