It's a bit too quiet in here...how is everyone?

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

It's a bit too quiet in here...how is everyone?

Post by LePaul »

How are you guys?

We have a lot of traffic (readers) but not a lot of posts! I hope you guys are all well and enjoying the summer!

What printers and projects are you working on?
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP11/12

Re: It's a bit too quiet in here...how is everyone?

Post by Roberts_Clif »

LePaul wrote: July 24th, 2018, 11:44 am We have a lot of traffic (readers) but not a lot of posts! I hope you guys are all well and enjoying the summer!
I believe you hit the hammer center the nail.

enjoying the summer!
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I bought a pile of filament recently and been trying those out on the CR-10S and Ultimaker 2+

Matteforge Matte Black PLA is quite interesting. No shine! The suggested temps kind of surprised me... 195C. I found that way too low and had parts that felt like styrofoam from poor adhesion. 210-215 is what has given me good results.

I'm currently doing a lot of Cheshire Cat prints using Polyalchemy Elixir Bubblegum pink (1.75mm) The 2.85mm Purple printed very well on the Ultimaker and the pink is doing well on the CR-10S.

Just back from a small Con last weekend. Sadly it was pretty poor attendance so R2 and I just sat there for about 100 or so visitors. Always nice to meet people but it made for a long day. The facility had no air conditioning and it was 85F in there. Everyone was feeling like they were slowly being cooked...not sweating...but very warm. I drank so much water and Gatorade G2 (electrolytes!) to survive LOL
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I have so many different brands of PLA some with no-name labels. The suggested Print temperature range 190-230C.
Most filament temperatures have had to increase by about 5-10C to get a good print.

I have printed Rubik's Cubes, Fidgets and many other items for Hospice objects to keep to fidget with.
They turned out better than I thought they would though.
Rubix 2.jpg

I do not believe I have ever seen a Con advertised in the Pacific Northwest. Would like to go one day to take it all in.
Biggest thing I ever went to was the Unlimited Hydro Plane Races. Talk about hot, loud and crowded.
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

Its too hot to do anything this summer...we have had, and still have, +30C during two months now...and yesterday we got 2 months worth of rain in a few hours :P

But I have managed to get a few things assembled on my #nextprinter, more info will come later :)
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

For several day now Eastern Washington and Oregon have spiked over 100F degrees and will continue thru Wednesday.
This is when the temperature is suppose to drop back to high 90's where we can get back to a normal double digit weather.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

I'm too afraid to print anything, due to the heat.
melting-skull.jpg
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I hear you Grue Master, and the smoke makes it so you want to limit the extra fumes from the 3D Printers.
I have still been 3D Printing as the temperature in the shop area where 3D Printing occurs is still in the 80s Fahrenheit OK for 3D Printing.
Sure Glad I do not have to be in the room during the printing process, as I have connected Octoprint to a Pi 2 with video streaming.

The smoke from the Fires was so thick you could only see a few miles, and smelled worse outside than a Bar before the no smoking laws.
Newest Fire started 60miles away when a Union Pacific oil tanker started the eastern Oregon brush fire.
https://katu.com/news/local/wildfire-sh ... -arlington

Having multiply air purifiers sure help keep the fire's smell down inside well worth the expense.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

We've been on a hot/muggy/humid streak over here, which is the usual for this part of Maine.

In other news, my YouTube Channel finally pushed past 1,000 Subscribers, so that's a really good achievement for me! I'm having a lot of fun doing it, still learning the finer points of editing...but I like making tutorials and other content that people seem to enjoy!

If you haven't already seen my stuff, check it out! https://www.youtube.com/wherenerdyiscool
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

LePaul wrote: August 1st, 2018, 2:30 pm We've been on a hot/muggy/humid streak over here, which is the usual for this part of Maine.

In other news, my YouTube Channel finally pushed past 1,000 Subscribers, so that's a really good achievement for me! I'm having a lot of fun doing it, still learning the finer points of editing...but I like making tutorials and other content that people seem to enjoy!

If you haven't already seen my stuff, check it out! https://www.youtube.com/wherenerdyiscool
Now you have a 1029, 1030 and 1039 .
Still pushing triple digit heat here 109F and climbing.
Can't wait until we get back to double digit high 90's here.
Roberts_Clif
Reactions:

Post by Roberts_Clif »

I 3D Printed some Couch Lifts, for some reason the couch is about 3 inches to low this make it next to impossible for older people to stand up.
Well they can stand up they just have to rock back and forth until they get enough momentum to finally rock to their feet.
So I went to ThinkerCad and quickly threw together the lifts.

This made if so no more rocking was necessary to stand up.

I know that every couch will have different measurements so the attached STL files is merely for examples.
Image2.jpg
Rear Foot
Chair Lift-R.gcode
(1.64 MiB) Downloaded 491 times
Front Foot
Chair Lift-F.gcode
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 480 times

Return to “General Discussion”