A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

Post by LePaul »

nilrog wrote: June 14th, 2017, 12:17 pm Trying to get nGen Flex to stick to the bed 😂
This any help? http://learn.colorfabb.com/how-to-print ... ngen_flex/
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

Yes, I have read their page...just don't have BuildTak so unless I find another way I need to get me some of that.
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Post by Neotko »

@nilrog I know you tried hairspray. Did you use window washer with it or just hairspray on towel and rub it hard until you see a grey barnish? Ofc this could make it stick so much... That's how I damaged normal UM glasses (ceramic glass doesn't break that easy).

Also to apply this (papel towel + hairspray) you need to do it while paper still semi humid and with the glass cold (so the paper doesn't break a bit and leave traces)
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

@Neotko I answered this in the nGen Flex thread so the info will be easier to find in the future :)

viewtopic.php?p=9865#p9865
Anders Olsson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2 UM2E, UM2Go, UM3, Delta Tower, Form 1+, Form 2

Post by Anders Olsson »

Who said Woodfill can't handle retractions? :-P
2017-06-17-1808.jpg
The only modifications I have done is a different feeder gear and another type of spring in the original UM2 feeder.
Ambient temperature is 30 C and I am using a 0.6 mm nozzle. (0.4 mm nozzle just does not work with this spool of woodfill)
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by Izzy »

@Anders Olsson what make of Woodfill are you using?
I did struggle with Kai Pathy's wood fill although he did recommend a miniumum of 0.5mm nozzle, the modified Robert's feeder would grind the filament or deformed it as it was softer. although when I upgraded to the bondtech feeder it had enough pressure to be able to feed it without problems using the 0.4mm, and handle retractions too.
It's looking a nice model, I like that type of filigree and it looks great on Yoda.
GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

The texture looks almost like yarn or bundling twine. Very interesting. I'd like to see the finished product after you do any post-printing processes to it (stain, finish, etc).
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I think we all missed something very important in his picture....tell us about that second nozzle assembly on the right?
Anders Olsson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2 UM2E, UM2Go, UM3, Delta Tower, Form 1+, Form 2

Post by Anders Olsson »

Izzy wrote: June 18th, 2017, 2:48 pm @Anders Olsson what make of Woodfill are you using?
I did struggle with Kai Pathy's wood fill although he did recommend a miniumum of 0.5mm nozzle, the modified Robert's feeder would grind the filament or deformed it as it was softer. although when I upgraded to the bondtech feeder it had enough pressure to be able to feed it without problems using the 0.4mm, and handle retractions too.
It's looking a nice model, I like that type of filigree and it looks great on Yoda.
It is a very old spool of Colorfabb Woodfill, one of the first one they sold I believe.
I can't make it work with a 0.4 nozzle, it just clogs whatever I do. It works fine with the 0.6 nozzle though.
The fibers in this particular batch are probably a bit larger than in more recent woodfill filaments, I recall reading something about that long long time ago.

The model is this one: https://www.youmagine.com/designs/oh-no ... y-dizingof
Had to scale it to 70% and rotate it to fit it in the UM2 Go, here it how it looked when it was finished:
2017-06-18-1824.jpg
And this is how the filament looked after all those retractions:
2017-06-18-1825.jpg
LePaul wrote: June 19th, 2017, 9:20 am I think we all missed something very important in his picture....tell us about that second nozzle assembly on the right?
My UM2 Go is fully equipped with heated bed and a 1.75 mm hotend at the second position.
I have used the second position for testing my direct feeder, however that does not work as well with the new feeder gear design.
Haven't had time to work more on that though.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

That's a nice result, I've been meaning to try a wood filament but been busy doing the wiring portion of my FT-5 build.

So. Many. Wires.
wiring.JPG
jonnybischof
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by jonnybischof »

Gawd that looks awful :D
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

It's not a lot of fun.

Next few steps are stepper voltage settings, uploading firmware, seeing if the motors and extruder works, PID calibration...it's marketed as a kit that is "easy to do" but I'd say it's for advanced users. Once you include the terrible instruction manual, I can understand now why their Facebook group is full of people stuck on every step of the build.
jonnybischof
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by jonnybischof »

The kind of instructions that just says "make sure to square out the frame" but no tools or tips on how to get that done?
I tried making a squared out aluminum extrusion frame twice. I failed twice. Aluminum extrusion frames suck :D
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Well another short YouTube video of my build progress!

GrueMaster
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Hictop 3DP-17, Hictop CR-10S

Post by GrueMaster »

Part of the problem with Facebook groups is there really is no good way to reference threads (at least on mobile apps).

Return to “General Discussion”