A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
Amedee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+

Re: A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

Post by Amedee »

Yes, saw it as well on twitter, on the to-do list ;)
jonnybischof
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO

Post by jonnybischof »

nallath wrote:I personally don't believe in bigger printers. Making it twice as big in every direction makes the printing time 8x longer.

Only if you use the same nozzle. Larger printers would have to (be able to) use larger nozzles, something in the 2mm range.
However, that also means new challenges for extruders, and would probably even require a thicker filament than 2.85 mm, or maybe a granulate extruder.

/edit:
Btw, still at work here -.-
#readyfortheholidays
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Well I guess what I would like is something along the size of the Raise3D (12 x 12 x 24 inch) but with the Ultimaker reliability :)

I understand the argument that bigger means slower. Trust me, I know that...most of the BB-8 prints are 24 hours or more!
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Ha!

reibuehl
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by reibuehl »

Why did I click on that video link? Oh why? :-D
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

You were tempted by the Dark side
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

So..........what wild Christmas Holiday plans do you gents have?
reibuehl
Reactions:

Post by reibuehl »

Since I am away so often, I hope I can spent some time with my hobbies. I got the load cell I ordered today, so I can spend some time designing my weighting spool holder. Or work on the software for the filament splicer. Or get my Ultimaker running correctly again. Or fiddle the webcam that I salvaged from an old laptop into my Fabrikator Mini. Or... - how long are these holidays? A week? A month? :-D
jonnybischof
Reactions:

Post by jonnybischof »

I'm finally getting that subwoofer for my sound system tomorrow, so Christmas will be loud and full of headbanging! :D
drayson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO with mods :-)

Post by drayson »

I hope that I will get my intended christmas present from my wife - an old vilyl LP from Eric Clapton, but the AC/DC ones are also in place for a little "silent night" tomorrow :-)
Next week I hope I find time to evaluate a new amp and speakers for my new sound system, so similar idea as you jonny :-)

...a nd of course, something UMO-related: try to figure out how to port the core to my beloved UMO :-)
jonnybischof
Reactions:

Post by jonnybischof »

On a 3D printer note... I might make some progress on my mini printer build that I'm currently working on. I figured I need something better for my office prints where I actually don't need a large printer, but I do need maximum speed and precision - which means a smaller but higher quality printer. I also wanted to use the nice Z-hop features so I'll try out something new with the build plate. Still a bit too early to show off, but who knows how far I can get over the holidays :)
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

I recieved a parcel today from FedEx, it contains a Wanhao i3 Plus printer which we won in the November competition with Filaments Directory.
IMG_1076.JPG
My better half Sue will be using it to start her journey into 3D printing and we will be unboxing and assembling it probably on Boxing Day, we are doing to try doing a video etc and Sue will be joining the forum as well as trying to blog it as from a beginners perspective.
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

Gang! Congratulations with holidays! Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, New Year, Old new year! Health, happiness, love and success to all of us! Looks in some parts prematurely, but it is highly likely that for the holidays I will be there, where there is not only Internet, but also a simple cellular connection :) For the first time we plan to climb in the new year's eve to a height of over 2500 meters, meet the dawn, and freeride skiing on fresh snow in the morning. С Новым годом, друзья!
reibuehl
Reactions:

Post by reibuehl »

Izzy wrote:I recieved a parcel today from FedEx, it contains a Wanhao i3 Plus printer which we won in the November competition with Filaments Directory.
IMG_1076.JPG
My better half Sue will be using it to start her journey into 3D printing and we will be unboxing and assembling it probably on Boxing Day, we are doing to try doing a video etc and Sue will be joining the forum as well as trying to blog it as from a beginners perspective.
I expect that @LePaul will have a "Wanhao i3 Plus" category in the forum ready for her before she is done unboxing the thing :-P
gudo
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2 Extended

Post by gudo »

Hi !
Just a single sentence to tell you, printed with UM2 and Cura pause at height

Return to “General Discussion”