A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
reibuehl
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Re: A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

Post by reibuehl »

Meduza wrote:You mean they have raised their shipping fees recently? I was looking at buying one and got a shipping price of about 150$ or something in the vicinity, wich seemed fair
I just checked again and you are right - 170 USD to Germany. They must have found a way to ship via regular post service. The last time I checked it was just the UPS rates of 550 USD and up.

Now you really triggered my GAS :-) I need to see where I can find a space for it now...
reibuehl
Reactions:

Post by reibuehl »

Amedee wrote:If you are looking towards that kind of CNC (Belt driven on rails) there are some other 'groove-rail' based machines like the Openbuild OX, you can source parts yourself or buy kits -- you can find the parts directly in Europe as well (Like e.g. this one)...

It is the same type of architecture as the Shapeoko and you can make about any size...
The main reason for me going with a kit like the Shapeoko is the same why I bought an Ultimaker 2 instead of building a reprap - higher success rate :-) I want to use the thing within a foreseeable future and not become one of my never finished projects - I know myself ;-)
Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Post by Meduza »

I already own a retrofitted CNC mill and a almost done larger ballscrew driven cnc router table with 80x100cm work surface wich both resides at Stockholm Makerspace nowdays, i only want a Shapeoko to be able to have a smaller cnc router at home to to make simple fast prototypes as a compliment to my 3d printers, so it can not take too much time to put it all together and it should just work :-)

If i can get a OX as a kit for a similar pricepoint, then i would probably go for that.
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

MS GWX so exhausted me that night I updated to the latest version. And immediately fell off Autodesk Content Connection. They control panel hid so that I had to look for it for about 10 minutes... But the system works smoothly, there will not argue.
Dim3nsioneer
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original, 2, 2+, 2 Ext+, 3, S5, Form 2

Post by Dim3nsioneer »

I'm just preparing a Mouser order and have the darn feeling I forgot something... sounds familiar?
reibuehl
Reactions:

Post by reibuehl »

Don't worry, approximately 8 minutes after pressing the submit button you will remember. The 8 min is based on my experience with my own Reichelt and Pollin orders :-)
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

Isn't that annoying? That happens to me when I place an order with Adafruit or Sparkfun.
Since all the Radio Shack stores are gone, simple things like limit switches or basic electronic equipment has to be ordered.
Blizz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa: XL, MK4, MK3S+-MMU3, MK3S, Mini, SL1S

Post by Blizz »

I finally got around to ordering a spool of XT-CF20, so curious how printing with it is going to turn out.
Amedee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+

Post by Amedee »

We still have in Brussels a very small shop selling discrete components. You often need to tweak a bit your design based on what he has in stock, but I am happy to still have it. All the others in the city are gone. There were plenty of these when I was a kid...
Blizz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa: XL, MK4, MK3S+-MMU3, MK3S, Mini, SL1S

Post by Blizz »

@Amedee: There is? I remember we had the Joenit in Mechelen but they either moved/stopped and I've been trying to find a similar store ever since. Where is that shop you're talking about?
Amedee
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+

Post by Amedee »

MB-Tronics in Evere.

There is also Electroshop in Dendermonde, they have quite a lot (but the road from Brussels to Dendermonde is a bit of a pain).

More on your side there is also Aitec in Leuven, but I haven't been there recently...
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

Blizz wrote:I finally got around to ordering a spool of XT-CF20, so curious how printing with it is going to turn out.
Mine is still in the box waiting for be to try it out too!
martin-bienz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original, prusa i3 mk2

Post by martin-bienz »

reibuehl wrote:Don't worry, approximately 8 minutes after pressing the submit button you will remember. The 8 min is based on my experience with my own Reichelt and Pollin orders :-)
At least you guys press submit... I am about to click [Proceed to chekout] on my first NGEN Spool.... sincea few days! :)
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Post by Neotko »

My day has been a nonstop problem fixer. Finally misumi parts arrived (so cute little gears for the pancake feeder) and my "cheap" Misumi libear bearings. I did expend 1h to remove 1 screw that stripped (it's that the correct word for when the screw allen can't be grab?) on the linear bearing when tried to remove the bad ones and install the new ones. In the end I had to use wrench to rotate the linear bearing and I almost go bananas when the wrench was 1mm shorter to catch the whole bearing. But finally it came out. I wasn't able to move the screw even with my japanese tool to remove m3-m4. At least now with the new linear bearings the bed moves so smoothly that even falls down by its own weight without getting stick on the way. And now time to sleep. Have a great tomorrow guys!
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

My day has been fun...started the day seeing your posts about a spammer. Had a morning meeting that was pretty dull so while listening in to that, I was scanning through the admin settings, making sure everything was ok. Noticed an update to the bulletin board software had an update. Thought I would try the automatic upgrade and that got stuck in a loop, prompting to upload files already uploaded (slap forehead...) Backed out and decided enough of that. Figured out the moderator level problem (if you were a moderator, you had to approve your own posts! Annoying!) And some fun! Great submission for the new favicon and logo image! Saw a few familiar faces show up here and the forum content just keeps getting more interesting.

So...a busy day but very rewarding. I'm happy you guys are enjoying this forum and the feedback you guys give help shape it

Return to “General Discussion”