A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

General topics...if a particular user would like their own sub-area, please let me know!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: A Tea between friends :-) How was Your Day

Post by LePaul »

Blizz wrote:Pff been so busy the last weeks... We built our house as a turnkey solution but I had no clue how much work remains after they are "finished" with it.

Guys I need your advice: I'm demo'ing my 2 3D printers on a kids-tech-happening this weekend and the previous years I've always had them printing something that took about 30 minutes a piece. I've gotten some remarks from the kids that they don't see much happening. I'd like to use a smaller model this time. Something that prints in a matter of minutes but still speaks to the kids. (as in no cube or something). Do you guys have any suggestions?
I have an event at the end of May and pondered the same question...no one is going to sit around for a one hour print or more (plus that crowds a booth)

I think the Ultimaker robot takes about 25 minutes at 0.2

I'm curious what others suggest
Neotko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+ x2.5

Post by Neotko »

Printthe same at different intervals so you have the same print alou3 time points. When one finish, starts. Keep the cycle going and done
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

A Swedish R2-D2 builder printed Imperial coins during a Sci-Fi event that he handed out to kids...those won't take long to print.
nilrog
Reactions:

Post by nilrog »

Seriously, if you haven't invested in Gudo's bed stabilizer (with Neotko's adapters for UMO) put that on top of your list.

The print quality improvement is amazing...no more wobbly bed as the print head makes sudden moves.

Check my post in the Greentec thread...and the blue lid that is currently printing is equally good. Both will be, by far, the best prints I have made so far :)
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

The stabilizer is out for the UM2? Maybe I missed that post
nilrog
Reactions:

Post by nilrog »

It was...but was removed for some reason. Ask Gudo and you will probably get the files.
Blizz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa: XL, MK4, MK3S+-MMU3, MK3S, Mini, SL1S

Post by Blizz »

I guess I'll have one of the printers work on a longer job and the other printing coins or something.
Anders Olsson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2 UM2E, UM2Go, UM3, Delta Tower, Form 1+, Form 2

Post by Anders Olsson »

LePaul wrote:
Blizz wrote:Pff been so busy the last weeks... We built our house as a turnkey solution but I had no clue how much work remains after they are "finished" with it.

Guys I need your advice: I'm demo'ing my 2 3D printers on a kids-tech-happening this weekend and the previous years I've always had them printing something that took about 30 minutes a piece. I've gotten some remarks from the kids that they don't see much happening. I'd like to use a smaller model this time. Something that prints in a matter of minutes but still speaks to the kids. (as in no cube or something). Do you guys have any suggestions?
I have an event at the end of May and pondered the same question...no one is going to sit around for a one hour print or more (plus that crowds a booth)

I think the Ultimaker robot takes about 25 minutes at 0.2

I'm curious what others suggest
The Ultimaker robot is a nice print for showing people how a 3D-printer works but if there are kids around I am always hesitating to print robots since they are slightly small from the choking hazard point of view.
I haven't actually tested if the robot fits inside the choking hazard test-cylinder, but always keep those robots away from our daughter.

So just keep that in mind if you are going to print and give away Ultimaker robots.
Just upscaling the robot a bit, like to 130% or so, will most likely make it safe, but it will then take longer to print of course.
shurik
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2

Post by shurik »

The Cuddling Cats proved to be a huge hit. I printed them into hundreds already, and on every lecture/meeting/workshop they run away like... a bunch of cats - very popular. They are also cost effective - consume very little plastic to make.
At .1mm layer, each takes about 45 min.
Another very popular option is Scotty Dogz. They look good at .2mm and are made in 32 min each.
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by ivan.akapulko »

What about Pikachu by Flovalistik? Its lowpoly, easy to print and kids love it ;-) Half-size model take 30 minutes to print. Just one bad moment: tail broke very easy.
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by Izzy »

there was a post on thingeverse # 2298799
where they have generated a STL model of the Wanhao Di3plus to import into S3D so that you get a visual of the bed etc, i tried it and it was great, ideal for Sues Wanhao, but then i got thinking about doing the same for the UM2.
So using the Github files and creating a model and STL, and using the same process I now have this. :-D
S3D screen Capture.JPG
I need to contact the origional guy on thingeverse as i dont want to step on his toes, but then i can make it available for you all that are interested.

Now availabe on Thingiverse #2306629
Last edited by Izzy on May 9th, 2017, 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I would really like to print the Ultimaker drill in dual colors. I need to find that model and see how many days that would take to print. That would be a nice display of the multicolor ability (in addition to smaller models)
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

We have had two weeks of rain and overcast clouds here.....when the sun finally does come out, our lawns will explode in growth (and pollen!)

How's spring where you all live?
nilrog
Reactions:

Post by nilrog »

Well...we had spring...with summer-like temperatures...for a week...then we got winter again :shock: :-D
shurik
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2

Post by shurik »

It was about 40C here yesterday. Spring? Yeah, we had a day of it a week ago...

Return to “General Discussion”