Feedback...how's it look?

Have a suggestion for the forum? Requests? Please share
User avatar
Blizz
Reactions:
Posts: 224
Joined: February 10th, 2016, 2:46 am
Location: Belgium
3D Printer(s): UM²+, Prusa MK3, Prusa MK2S-MM

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by Blizz » February 16th, 2016, 3:41 pm

Been using it for a couple days now, loving it (mainly the unread posts though). But its one of the things I so missed "over there"

User avatar
Blizz
Reactions:
Posts: 224
Joined: February 10th, 2016, 2:46 am
Location: Belgium
3D Printer(s): UM²+, Prusa MK3, Prusa MK2S-MM

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by Blizz » February 16th, 2016, 3:54 pm

I'd love somekind of "upvote" functionality to show my appreciation for posts, or anything in that direction. I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss the "Like" functionality from FB a bit here...

User avatar
LePaul
Reactions:
Posts: 3078
Joined: February 7th, 2016, 10:26 pm
Location: Bangor, Maine USA
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2+, FT-5, CR-10, CR-10S, Tevo Tornado
Contact:

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by LePaul » February 16th, 2016, 3:54 pm

Me too...I asked the developers of something like that exists.

User avatar
Amedee
Reactions:
Posts: 599
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 11:10 am
Location: Brussels, Belgium
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+
Contact:

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by Amedee » February 16th, 2016, 4:04 pm

There is this one which is still tagged 'dev' but should work...
(There are also some 'karma' extensions, but I don't think this is what we are looking for)
Phil.

User avatar
Meduza
Reactions:
Posts: 285
Joined: February 10th, 2016, 8:08 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)
Contact:

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by Meduza » February 16th, 2016, 6:06 pm

I would love a @mention addon, so you can get a notification when you are tagged in a post, that is one of the things that i like about the new ultimaker forums.

User avatar
LePaul
Reactions:
Posts: 3078
Joined: February 7th, 2016, 10:26 pm
Location: Bangor, Maine USA
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2+, FT-5, CR-10, CR-10S, Tevo Tornado
Contact:

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by LePaul » February 16th, 2016, 10:36 pm

I'll check that link out tomorrow.

I wonder if they have something for mentions...good call.

User avatar
LePaul
Reactions:
Posts: 3078
Joined: February 7th, 2016, 10:26 pm
Location: Bangor, Maine USA
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2+, FT-5, CR-10, CR-10S, Tevo Tornado
Contact:

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by LePaul » February 16th, 2016, 11:31 pm

Ok, upper right hand corner is a Thumbs Up (or down if you later change your mind)

User avatar
LePaul
Reactions:
Posts: 3078
Joined: February 7th, 2016, 10:26 pm
Location: Bangor, Maine USA
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2+, FT-5, CR-10, CR-10S, Tevo Tornado
Contact:

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by LePaul » February 16th, 2016, 11:44 pm

Meduza wrote:I would love a @mention addon, so you can get a notification when you are tagged in a post, that is one of the things that i like about the new ultimaker forums.

Checked into this, someone did make one but it is notorious for slowing down web loading even on the most advanced hardware.

We'll have to wait and see if someone develops a successor to the first effort. It is listed as Abandoned

User avatar
Blizz
Reactions:
Posts: 224
Joined: February 10th, 2016, 2:46 am
Location: Belgium
3D Printer(s): UM²+, Prusa MK3, Prusa MK2S-MM

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by Blizz » February 17th, 2016, 12:14 am

Also with the attachment functionality: Can you make the pictures open in a new tab by default? It's fairly inconvenient that every time you click open a picture you have to remember going back instead of closing the window. Either a new tab or a lightbox would improve the experience

User avatar
jonnybischof
Reactions:
Posts: 310
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 2:48 am
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
3D Printer(s): UMO

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by jonnybischof » February 17th, 2016, 2:46 am

LePaul wrote:Okay I went ahead (it's good to be king... :) )

I don't want to shrink down too many areas...but I agree that the ones that have potential to have many sub-topics looks better this way
Hmm.. Not sure about these subforums. Now they are kinda hard to find (only found them because I was looking for them). I'd really kill the very specialized "one topic only" subcategories and make them what they are.. one topic.
Best regards,
Jonny

User avatar
Amedee
Reactions:
Posts: 599
Joined: February 15th, 2016, 11:10 am
Location: Brussels, Belgium
3D Printer(s): UMO / UMO+
Contact:

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by Amedee » February 17th, 2016, 3:50 am

Blizz wrote:Also with the attachment functionality: Can you make the pictures open in a new tab by default?
I don't like pages which decides for me that they need another tab, I want as user to decide myself ;-)

Having said that, I understand the annoyance, but maybe it is better to install the Lightbox extension which shows the pictures in overlay -- So no new tab (me happy) and no accidental close of window (blizz happy) :lol:

(and LePaul unhappy because he has now to spend his days installing more and more extensions :roll: )
Phil.

User avatar
Blizz
Reactions:
Posts: 224
Joined: February 10th, 2016, 2:46 am
Location: Belgium
3D Printer(s): UM²+, Prusa MK3, Prusa MK2S-MM

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by Blizz » February 17th, 2016, 1:03 pm

Amedee wrote:(and LePaul unhappy because he has now to spend his days installing more and more extensions :roll: )
I would expect LePaul knew what he got himself into when he decided to start a forum. It'll settle down eventually ;)

User avatar
LePaul
Reactions:
Posts: 3078
Joined: February 7th, 2016, 10:26 pm
Location: Bangor, Maine USA
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2+, FT-5, CR-10, CR-10S, Tevo Tornado
Contact:

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by LePaul » February 17th, 2016, 1:08 pm

Blizz wrote:
Amedee wrote:(and LePaul unhappy because he has now to spend his days installing more and more extensions :roll: )
I would expect LePaul knew what he got himself into when he decided to start a forum. It'll settle down eventually ;)
Ha ha, you guys are fine! I am happy to try to accommodate the requests you are making.

You are being patient with me as I dust off my brain and remember how to mod and change these things!

I'm also trying to make changes and then leave it alone for 24 hours. This way everyone has a chance to offer an opinion on the change.

The forum offers a lot of flexibility and I'm sure we won't always agree on what modification is for the better or not.

The CONTENT and quality of the conversations is what I am most pleased with.

User avatar
LePaul
Reactions:
Posts: 3078
Joined: February 7th, 2016, 10:26 pm
Location: Bangor, Maine USA
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2+, FT-5, CR-10, CR-10S, Tevo Tornado
Contact:

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by LePaul » February 17th, 2016, 1:21 pm

Amedee wrote:
Blizz wrote:Also with the attachment functionality: Can you make the pictures open in a new tab by default?
I don't like pages which decides for me that they need another tab, I want as user to decide myself ;-)

Having said that, I understand the annoyance, but maybe it is better to install the Lightbox extension which shows the pictures in overlay -- So no new tab (me happy) and no accidental close of window (blizz happy) :lol:

(and LePaul unhappy because he has now to spend his days installing more and more extensions :roll: )
I looked that over and there is a large list of problems and issues with it on some installs. One of my concerns were the images wouldn't display right on a phone. I really like how this forum displays on my iPhone and Android tablet so I don't want to mess with that!

User avatar
Blizz
Reactions:
Posts: 224
Joined: February 10th, 2016, 2:46 am
Location: Belgium
3D Printer(s): UM²+, Prusa MK3, Prusa MK2S-MM

Re: Feedback...how's it look?

Post by Blizz » February 17th, 2016, 1:39 pm

LePaul wrote:I looked that over and there is a large list of problems and issues with it on some installs. One of my concerns were the images wouldn't display right on a phone. I really like how this forum displays on my iPhone and Android tablet so I don't want to mess with that!
So be it. I'll be sure to remember pressing my ⌘ key :)

Post Reply

Return to “Feedback, suggestions and more”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests