Show off My latest Print

Show us your latest print!
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Re: Show off My latest Print

Post by LePaul »

I do own them...which angles/types of photos help best?
Blizz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa: XL, MK4, MK3S+-MMU3, MK3S, Mini, SL1S

Post by Blizz »

Not much of a show-off, more of a practicality.
In our newly built house, the front door was not installed correctly. It closes on its own, even when fully opened. Unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about it as it can't be adjusted by that much (stupid amateur builders).
Anyway after the umpteenth time having to put down the groceries to unlock the door again, I decided it was time for action and made this simple handle-catcher. There's some felt "stickied" in there to not damage the handle. It works flawlessly. Not bad for half an hour of work.
IMG_20160327_131817.jpg
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by Izzy »

So yesterday evening I decided to try out a 0.15mm nozzle, I just rescaled the standard robot and the tree-frog as I had previously done with the 0.25mm nozzle.
image.jpeg
The large ones are the standard size printed with the 0.4mm
The middle ones are the 0.25mm nozzle
And the small ones are the 0.15mm nozzle, the robot is 13mm tall, the frog is 6.7mm tall.
I've not got the retractions set, so you can see the bridging between elements, but not bad for 1st test. Although on the 1st build the nozzle blocked, I think too much pressure, and took nearly an hour of atomic pulls to fully clean the head. But reduced the speed a lot, the temperature a little and bingo. :-)
PeggyB
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMOriginal - UM2Go

Post by PeggyB »

Tomorrow is the official opening of FabCity / Europe by People http://europebypeople.nl/fabcity-2/ where I will be working for the next 11 weeks. Already printing a lot for this: the Mayor of Amsterdam and the Minister of Education, Culture and Science are receiving a chain of office, printed in recycled PET (Refil).
Printed halve of the links flat, solo and the other halve on the side with a pause. In the pause 2 links were added and a printed 'bridge' to fill the gap. A bit of tape on top of the bridge releases the freshly printed upper part of the link.
Printed with 3 printers in 3 days, print time about 32 hours.
2016-04-10 10.20.33.jpg
2016-04-08 11.48.55.jpg
Blizz
Reactions:

Post by Blizz »

That's such a cool idea of doing the chains.
Going to have to see that I remember that if I ever want to print some. :)
Blizz
Reactions:

Post by Blizz »

So another "practical one":

A number of months ago we bought these "duvet cover fixing"-plugs. They allow you basically to just, well... err... keep your duvet cover in place. Beats using safety pins, cause they tend to damage the duvet innards.
In any case, some people asked me where I got them and it turns out they stopped selling them. So I just shamelessly made a copy and printed them a set (original on the left, my printer isn't that good ;) ):
IMG_20160414_155255.jpg
Should probably put them on YM so other people can enjoy them too :)
martin-bienz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original, prusa i3 mk2

Post by martin-bienz »

A little cap modification (my son wanted a logo on his plain cap). So I modeled and printed two so he could choose one (some of you might even recognise the "brand" :)). I modeled them in F360 and printed on my UMO with Ninjaflex, they turned out fantastic (bondtech QR3!!). After he chose the Logo, I stiched it on with needle and thread.

Wish you all a great Sunday!
2016-04-17 08.37.52.jpg
2016-04-17 08.38.07.jpg
2016-04-17 09.12.39.jpg
Attachments
2016-04-17 09.04.11.jpg
Dim3nsioneer
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original, 2, 2+, 2 Ext+, 3, S5, Form 2

Post by Dim3nsioneer »

@martin-bienz: Nice, but your son has to decide which side he wants to be on... ;-) Or did he as one image suggests?
martin-bienz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker Original, prusa i3 mk2

Post by martin-bienz »

Dim3nsioneer wrote:@martin-bienz: Nice, but your son has to decide which side he wants to be on... ;-) Or did he as one image suggests?
Hehe... yes, he simply can't, it's imperial today, rebels tomorrow... the today's kids :)
Blizz
Reactions:

Post by Blizz »

So we finally had the garden done in our newly built house. New ground was added and the entire thing levelled out on Monday and today grass was added. Since you can't walk on it for a while I decided to make signs that say that. The people around here tend to think that - as long as you don't have a fence - it's okay to just walk through someone else's garden.

In any case, the sign says: "Don't step on the grass" (which is "kinda funny because there is none yet" :P)
IMG_0743.JPG
Ow and for those who wonder what was done:

(yes I know, dirty window, sorry)
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

People trespass freely over there? My goodness!

My front lawn needs some serious attention. The many years of backing the van up to the front door and leave tire tracks has taken it's toll.
Blizz
Reactions:

Post by Blizz »

Well the plot next to ours (where you see the red container in the movie) is still for sale and when interested people come check it out, they tend to ignore the plot edges. Also, they did some tree trimming and those guys just dragged the branches etc over our land. We really want to avoid them ruining the (future) lawn, hence the sign. It is apparently normal in these regions to do so, it annoys me to hell as well. Where I come from those things are not done.
nilrog
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMO+

Post by nilrog »

Some people are just plain ignorant.

Anyway, that will look nice in a year or two. We did the same journey about 5 years ago. Still not finished with everything :-P
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I decided to take up feeding the many song birds I see in my front tree and yard.

Well, so far the biggest fans of the daily bird seed drop is a very industrious chipmunk I've named Simon, a squirrel and a pair of morning doves that finish off what's left each evening. I thought about buying or building a nice birdhouse to encourage my feathered visitors...but one more obstacle to mow around
Anders Olsson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2 UM2E, UM2Go, UM3, Delta Tower, Form 1+, Form 2

Post by Anders Olsson »

Not so much about the print this time, but about the printer :-)
Finally got the parts from the workshop yesterday for out Delta Tower heated bed upgrade.

I could not resist stopping by work this afternoon to test it :-)
It is not temperature controlled yet, had to run it of a power supply and play a bit with the voltage to adjust the temperature.
2016-04-23-7122.jpg
As you can see I took a chance to test one of the ruby nozzles while testing the printer.
2016-04-23-7123.jpg
The piece of blue tape was used to get a more reliable reading with the thermal camera since smooth surfaces tends to give false readings.
2016-04-23-7124.jpg
If we get this working smoothly with the firmware it will be a HUGE upgrade in usability and user friendliness.
I can not tell you how much I hate blue tape by now, in particular when trying to print large objects, I hope I never have to use tape again with 3D-printers.
I will try to make a separate thread about this upgrade once it is working properly :-)

Return to “Show off your latest print”