Show off My latest Print

Show us your latest print!
PeggyB
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UMOriginal - UM2Go

Re: Show off My latest Print

Post by PeggyB »

looks good!

are there scientific studies of fan behavior? There must be a lot of difference between a printhead that is stationary or moving in all directions.
It must be hard to experience what a fast moving print head generates; in fact, even when the fan blows directly downwards, by the time it 'bounces' back the head is already out of the way. With this moving around in all directions/speed, it must be pretty hard to design the 'perfect' fan...
Blizz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa: XL, MK4, MK3S+-MMU3, MK3S, Mini, SL1S

Post by Blizz »

I have to say, this is my 4th set of fan ducts since I bought the printer and they seem to be doing fine.
Haven't tested them exhaustively (pun intended) but I doubt the fans can generate enough airflow either way for the different models of ducts to make a big difference. I liked these because they allow very easy access to the nozzle.
LePaul
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): 24 - Yes I have a problem!

Post by LePaul »

I've wondered that too...how much the direction of the airflow matters. I like the 45 degree fans on each side. Of course, if the print head was in the center of the print block, that would make things a little different :)
Izzy
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Ultimaker 2

Post by Izzy »

There is a slight cut out allowing for air to flow towards the very bottom of the nozzle, the idea being to cool the printed filament and not the heated nozzle, which would be pointless.
The UM2 fans don't cope with back pressure, they still function just don't produce much of a flow. Hence pointing one fan outlet at the other or directly at the printed surface to closely reduces their effectiveness.
I designed these ducts to improve the flow within the ducts and to reduce the back pressure, as well as increase the access to the nozzle and heating head. With the height adjustment you can adjust amount being directed at the nozzle, but please bear in mind the increased flow, you will need to adjust the fans percentage flow rate. (may the duck be with you), Izzy

By the way Blizz you can print the small spacers that go under the heads of the knurled nuts that then reduces the threads hanging out the bottom.
Blizz
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): Prusa: XL, MK4, MK3S+-MMU3, MK3S, Mini, SL1S

Post by Blizz »

Ah that's what they're for :P I printed 2, assuming they would go under where the fans clip on to keep them at a certain height. The description was so long and that was the only thing I could make of them. Not a bad idea!
Izzy
Reactions:

Post by Izzy »

Sorry about that, I'll take some better photos of the set up to explain it
Attachments
Izzy Print head.JPG
Anders Olsson
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2 UM2E, UM2Go, UM3, Delta Tower, Form 1+, Form 2

Post by Anders Olsson »

Blizz wrote:lol @ the "remove before printing".
Wouldn't go so well if you didn't :)
I did actually forget the handle when I started printing today, I must be blind.. :oops:
The printer gave off some ugly noise, but luckily I was just printing a robot, so it continued printing one centimeter to the left of where it was supposed to print :lol:
That reminder is obviously not enough to remind me, so I need to work on the design a bit so the handle removes itself if one starts printing with it mounted..
reibuehl
Reactions:

Post by reibuehl »

How about using some bright red filament for it? :-)
Meduza
Reactions:
3D Printer(s): UM2+, UM3 (F2, UM2EX+ UM3EX, etc at work)

Post by Meduza »

2016-03-14 22_08_03-IKEA Capita Snäppfäste - nytt försök _ Part Studio 1.png
A clip to mount a plinth to IKEA "Capita" legs for our office, it is such a nice feeling when it just clips on with a snap during the first try :-)

Printed in XT with 0.8mm nozzle, 0.25mm layers and 50mm/sec on a UM2+, will probably push it a little harder when printing the final version since we will need 25+ of them :-)
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

I need to take some measurements and ask for your design help, Meduza

As Stormtrooper we wear a speaker system around our neck which works well. But there is an accessory piece, a little electronic box, that makes the static cut off sounds the Stormtrooper intercoms make in the movie. If we could attach that (clip?) to the speaker piece, it would save trying to velcro, tape and make this little piece fit somewhere.
Meduza
Reactions:

Post by Meduza »

@LePaul: Put some measurements up here and I'll see what i can do :-)
Meduza
Reactions:

Post by Meduza »

Todays print, a corporate seal for my business, since PayPal required a friend and customer of mine to submit a document with a unbiased test of the product he received on official letterhead paper signed and with a corporate seal stamped on it to process his refund request for some stuff (5000$ worth) he bought from china which did not work according to the specifications at all...

What is this bullshit that official papers need to be on pre-printed paper and be stamped btw... to me it feels like something you did 30 years ago or so, not in the digital age of 2016 :/

The handle is printed in some white crappy PLA really fast (15mm3/sec with 0.6mm nozzle, thin walls and 20% infill), and the stamp surface is printed in Formlabs tough resin on the Form1+
Attachments
seal.jpg
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

VoiceBooster by TK Products, LLC
Model: iComm
Color: Black
Dimensions: 3.12in x 2.25in x 0.75in
Weight (w/ Batteries): 2.3oz
Power Source: Built-in Lithium battery. Main power comes from VoiceBooster Amp
81p87JDKcvL._SL1500_.jpg
VoiceBooster by TK Products, LLC
Model: VoiceBooster MR1506 (aker)
Color: Black
Peak Power output: 10 Watts
Dimensions: 3.75in x 2.81in x 1.08in (90mm x 70mm x 27mm)
03.JPG
mr1506_picture_4_-logos_-wm__35648.1407510253.1280.1280.jpg
LePaul
Reactions:

Post by LePaul »

My "thought" was some way the ICOMM could clip into the side of the speaker (the side with no jacks, facing speaker, left side)

That belt clip is molded into the speaker...could be useful as an attachment for whatever clip piece can be made?

It's had me stumped for a few weeks...let's see what fresh eyes come up with :)
ivan.akapulko
Reactions:

Post by ivan.akapulko »

Meduza wrote:Todays print, a corporate seal for my business, since PayPal required a friend and customer of mine to submit a document with a unbiased test of the product he received on official letterhead paper signed and with a corporate seal stamped on it to process his refund request for some stuff (5000$ worth) he bought from china which did not work according to the specifications at all...

What is this bullshit that official papers need to be on pre-printed paper and be stamped btw... to me it feels like something you did 30 years ago or so, not in the digital age of 2016 :/

The handle is printed in some white crappy PLA really fast (15mm3/sec with 0.6mm nozzle, thin walls and 20% infill), and the stamp surface is printed in Formlabs tough resin on the Form1+
Lawyers more serious about such things as a power outage. Or establishment of rights in the absence of it.

Return to “Show off your latest print”